http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Shambala wrote:
bx1 wrote:
ygmir wrote:hippie

Yup. Definitely a hippy.

Now you people are just being hurtful! :cry:

It's eplaya. It's what we do to hippies.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby TomServo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Here's my WTF moment. http://www.myspace.com/richard_kitagawa

I watched this kids head explode, as he tried to pass my truck. He drifted off the freeway, into a parked truck. Lucky for him, he was dead before he hit the ground.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby geospyder » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:44 pm

WTF - spotted this up in Ketchikan last July...

You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
geospyder

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Somewhere in Hushville

Postby maryanimal » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm

I had another WTF moment today. I was shopping at the grocery store today and took a turkey out of the freezer section of the market (the turkey was on top of the bunch) and a 18 lb frozen turkey fell on the toes of my left foot. Needless to say it freakin' hurt. Now I have a really big big toe, second and third toe in a beautiful shade of Bruise!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Trishntek » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 am

maryanimal wrote:I had another WTF moment today. I was shopping at the grocery store today and took a turkey out of the freezer section of the market (the turkey was on top of the bunch) and a 18 lb frozen turkey fell on the toes of my left foot. Needless to say it freakin' hurt. Now I have a really big big toe, second and third toe in a beautiful shade of Bruise!

Awwwwww poor baby! Now let me gently suc,,,,,errrrr lic,,,,, that is ummmm help those sore phalanges feel better.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby bx1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am

Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 am

Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Fire_Moose » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:20 pm

2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Fire_Moose » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Fire_Moose

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:Image

Okay, this is an example of something that is "WTF" but not suitable for the "Hall of Wrongness" - in fact there's a lot right about it.

Damn, I'm supposed to concentrate on work today, too! BAD FM! ;)
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Charming Japanese derrieres aside, here's something you'll really like:
Ugly Dougly

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Fire_Moose wrote:Image

Okay, this is an example of something that is "WTF" but not suitable for the "Hall of Wrongness" - in fact there's a lot right about it.

Damn, I'm supposed to concentrate on work today, too! BAD FM! ;)

Damnit!!!!!! The Japanese always invent the cool shit first..........
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby maryanimal » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Trishntek wrote:
maryanimal wrote:I had another WTF moment today. I was shopping at the grocery store today and took a turkey out of the freezer section of the market (the turkey was on top of the bunch) and a 18 lb frozen turkey fell on the toes of my left foot. Needless to say it freakin' hurt. Now I have a really big big toe, second and third toe in a beautiful shade of Bruise!

Awwwwww poor baby! Now let me gently suc,,,,,errrrr lic,,,,, that is ummmm help those sore phalanges feel better.

Anything would help! I think I'll get the suck/lick/help with my sore tootsies. Thank you sooooooooooo much!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby winterdream28 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 pm

I am totally with you on this one.

I decided years ago to boycott all mandatory gift giving. I don't give obligatory presents and I don't want them. No Christmas/ Hanukkah, no birthday, no housewarming anniversary wedding divorce.... if it's a day where society expects you to give a present, I won't play along and won't even tell most people my actual birthday so they don't feel obligated to get me something. I've been doing this for close to 15 years now, my friends & family understand (except my parents- they insist they like giving me birthday & Hanukkah gifts. I gave up)

I've worked too long in retail and seen too much "Aunt Agnes likes candles, um.... lets buy her that candle holder...." decision making on gifts. No thought, just a feeling of obligation.

What I will do, and love to do, is to give random presents because I find something that reminds me of someone or that I know a particular person will love, and I love receiving things for the same reason. Because they're truly given as a gift, not because they're supposed to be.

/rant

I am totally with you on this one. My family has for years been in the spirit of gift giving. Last year I drew the line after helping my mother move. I found presents throughout the years that had never of been opened. Things she even asked for is what makes me laugh most.

I swore at that time no more holidays for me. No more gifts for the sake of saying I got you a present. I do understand what has turned out society into the gift giving that it feels it must.

For Christmas this year my boyfriend and I ( we live together) will be making a CD for all of our close friends of songs that we have good memories together with. :)
"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves" - Henry David Thoreau
winterdream28

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Trishntek » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:56 pm

winterdream28 wrote:

I decided years ago to boycott all mandatory gift giving. I don't give obligatory presents and I don't want them. No Christmas/ Hanukkah, no birthday, no housewarming anniversary wedding divorce.... if it's a day where society expects you to give a present, I won't play along and won't even tell most people my actual birthday so they don't feel obligated to get me something. I've been doing this for close to 15 years now, my friends & family understand (except my parents- they insist they like giving me birthday & Hanukkah gifts. I gave up)

I've worked too long in retail and seen too much "Aunt Agnes likes candles, um.... lets buy her that candle holder...." decision making on gifts. No thought, just a feeling of obligation.

What I will do, and love to do, is to give random presents because I find something that reminds me of someone or that I know a particular person will love, and I love receiving things for the same reason. Because they're truly given as a gift, not because they're supposed to be.

/rant

I am totally with you on this one. My family has for years been in the spirit of gift giving. Last year I drew the line after helping my mother move. I found presents throughout the years that had never of been opened. Things she even asked for is what makes me laugh most.

I swore at that time no more holidays for me. No more gifts for the sake of saying I got you a present. I do understand what has turned out society into the gift giving that it feels it must.

For Christmas this year my boyfriend and I ( we live together) will be making a CD for all of our close friends of songs that we have good memories together with. :)

Well hello there, neighbor! Venturous Venturans are always a treat to meet!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 am

Curtis got slapped.

When a child named Curtis Bowen was slapped by his teacher at Martin Luther King Jr., Elementary School, no one really heard about it. Except for President Obama, Vice President Biden, their wives, three senators, and more than 20 other officials.

They all were CC'ed on the whopping 40-page letter that Curtis' mother, Lisa Henry Bowen, sent to school district superintendent John Covington. In it, Bowen makes mind-boggling demands for reparations. One recipient called the letter "one of the craziest things I've ever seen" and leaked it to the Internet. And Lisa Henry Bowen even created her own web site for the occasion: www.CurtisGotSlapped.com.

Lisa Henry Bowen, who copyrights her name and her son's name throughout the letter, kicks it off by identifying herself as the "intellectual property owner" of fourth grader Curtis Bowen (C). She alleges that Curtis was caught horse playing and was slapped by a teacher named Ms. Curry. Lisa Henry tried to report the teacher to social services for child abuse, but was denied as Curtis' skin wasn't broken.

That sent Lisa Henry into a spiral of outrage. She calls Ms. Curry "one audacious white bitch with 'balls'", and then conducts some informal gonad comparisons. "I happen to have some big 'balls' too. And I ain't afraid to use them." (All emphasis hers, throughout.)

Mrs. Bowen uses her balls-to-the-wall logic to devise a way for the school district to repay her. She claims that Curry slapped 1/4 of Curtis' "million dollar face." Therefore, Lisa Henry encloses a homemade bill for a quarter of a million dollars. The $250K bill is issued to five educational entities, so she's really demanding more than $1 million.

And that's just page eight!

The weird part about Lisa Henry's list of reparations is that most of them have nothing to do with her child being slapped. Sure, she makes a few perfunctory demands to improve the school district, including the introduction of a "We Don't Hit Kids Here" campaign throughout Kansas City and a revocation of Ms. Curry's teaching license. But she reserves the real meat of reparations for Curtis and herself.

Curtis shall receive, among many other things: $13,500 worth of Wal-Mart gift cards, a free college education, two trips to Disney World, nine years of private tennis lessons on the Plaza, season tickets to the opera, theater, and ballet, almost a decade's worth of psychological counseling by "the best black child psychologist in the country," a whole orchestra's worth of new musical instruments, a three-week trip to Africa at a five-star hotel, and a personal audience with President Obama.

Lisa Henry's demands are just as WTF-worthy. She demands the full payment of her mortgage, a new car, home remodeling, free psychological, dental, and medical care for the next nine years, and the cherry on the sundae:

Independent consulting contract position with the Kansas City Missouri School district, for the next nine years. My consulting fee begins at $15,000 per month, minimum 6 months contract.

Because nothing screams "hire me" like a maniacal 40-page threat.

The mother ironically rants to President Obama and Dr. Covington about how the educational system doesn't "give a damn about black children." She almost loses it at the end:

There was a time, in THIS AMERICA, when a white woman could get away with slapping black children around. There was a time, in THIS AMERICA, when a black woman had no choice, but to accept her children being slapped, whipped, rapped [sic, we think], abused, molested and psychologically tortured by this white supremacist society...There WAS a time. I AIN'T THAT BLACK MOTHER, THIS AIN'T THAT TIME!!!!!! THIS AIN'T THAT AMERICA!!!!!!!!

A message to the haters: Lisa Henry Bowen (C) invites anyone who thinks she's gone a little overboard to "KISS MY ENTIRE BLACK ***!!!!!! I HAVEN'T BEGUN TO GO FAR ENOUGH!!!!!!!"

Should any of the recipients of the letter wish to meet with Curtis or Lisa Henry ... well, they couldn't afford it. Lisa Henry's personal appearance fee is $3,000 for 45 minutes, and she will not appear without her husband (an additional $3,000.) Don't even think about getting an audience with Lisa Henry's property, Curtis. He costs $11,000 for 30 minutes.

Check out the letter here.

Oh, and apparently Mrs. Bowen charges every time her or her son's copyrighted name is used regarding this incident. We're way too broke to pay, but we at The Pitch await your bill anyway, Lisa Henry Bowen (C). It was worth it.
Fire_Moose

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:16 am

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I would rather enjoy slapping Lisa Henry Bowen clear into next week. And Curtis? Knock his ass around just for shits and giggles.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby TomServo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 am

Wasn't their a newscast, on April 1, where Larry Harvey announced he had sold Burning Man to Disney?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Sham » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:40 pm

The most bizarre, offensive video game I have ever seen.
Fishy, don't go here!
http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.php
Sham

Postby moonrise » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 am

maryanimal wrote:Who'd of thought you'd get all that out of the words Tea Party Republicans??

WTF/!?!, it's late, cold and I'm not getting much work done...now I am skimming this thread!

WTF, I'll add some useful info here for fellow burners;
That's uncle Jimtim, he's a Clamper...he's showing a newbie how to wear the famous toilet seat around the neck for the town parade...they are civic minded simple fun folk...stop and look for the midless historical markers...one of my favorites is on Hwy 395, it states; On this spot in 1895 Nothing Happened

Some call it a drinking fraternity for rednecks, it isn't that but they do get rip roaring drunk after an installation of a historical marker...hmmm

They love burning man (you know who you are, play nice)

Look for the red Jeeps with white trim
look for the red houses with white trim
Those are Clamper houses and vehicles (always look for the red n white)
Clampers...some bite, some don't (mention you know of them and they'll help in a pinch, but watch yer back too)

If anyone doubts this, google or wiki it, they are very real and are great pranksters (many of the historical markers are still up)

WTF... I KNOW aproximately 8% of the readers here know Clampers or are one themselves, and I'm glad for it. :wink:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby maryanimal » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:49 pm

ummmm...huh?
maryanimal

Postby lucky420 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:53 pm

he might be related to the Clampetts. You know the one's with the cement fishing hole in the backyard...
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby maryanimal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 pm

lucky420 wrote:he might be related to the Clampetts. You know the one's with the cement fishing hole in the backyard...

Ohhh the ceement pond!! hehehe
maryanimal

Postby JStep » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Now you got it, gyuk gyuk!
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Elorrum » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 am

Trishntek wrote:
winterdream28 wrote:

/rant

Well hello there, neighbor! Venturous Venturans are always a treat to meet!

San Jose Merc, had a good article on the "straight to landfill" phenomenon of most annual electrified gifts. I'm thinking of that with regards to all I'm giving this year. Checking to see if it is just for fullfilling an obligation with something that may not even be used, and not really needed. I don't think I'll go to the no participation arena yet, but I do see the value of that approach.
Elorrum

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:24 pm

"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:23 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24[/youtube]
Fire_Moose

Postby Sail Man » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:20 am

Fire_Moose wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24[/youtube]

A screening at the Booby Bar would be most apropos :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion