All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Sleepin!

gotta be up by 2!

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Chill Bro, Iso is just a persona. We are all personas in a fake digital world. When you meet in person it's all different. Trust me.

people let their inner crap surface online, me too.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Mosin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm confused. Are Badger and Iso really the same person, or is that just a hypothesis based on the Oliver Stone eplaya mockumentary? :?
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby cowboyangel » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:49 am

probably but who knows? I think Iso whatever is herself getting confused. Badger is an oughtright nasty mean bitch-machine...Iso on the other hand is like a virtual Lucretia Borgia...she kills you with style and class. I think she forgot that.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby goathead » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 am

DVD Burner wrote:And like it or not, I am one of about 15 ORIGINAL BURNERS!

But have you ever made it to Black Rock City on the playa?

Your the king of cut and paste, I can't seem to find anywhere that lists you as one of the
15 ORIGINAL BURNERS
????
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:03 pm

A real burner is a state of mind, doesn't matter where you are . Helps if you've been at least once.
cowboyangel

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xCvJOCA1Y[/youtube]

Knuckleheads wont understand!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 pm

cowboyangel wrote:A real burner is a state of mind, doesn't matter where you are . Helps if you've been at least once.

Been there before, during and after it's birth.

It's the way my life is.

glad everyone enjoys what we do/did.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sham » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 am

It's now 4:30 am where I am now, and want to add a few words to this thread.

I am willing to bet that if I met DVD, we would get along and probably be friends. I can feel an exaustion and frustration in trying to get people to see his points of view.

This is often seen in a sales person trying to get you to see the virtures of whatever amazing item they are selling--that they happen to really believe in. It sometimes happens when people discover a religous view that really clicks with them and they want to get everyone they know to "see the light" like they did. Most often, it happens with political views--be they far left, far right or an alternative party.

We most likely have all been one of these zealots who can bring a lively get together of friends to a screaming halt. The subject or conversations are always steered to the same dull subject when ever a willing ear can be cornered.

I have seen people hone the presentations to not leave any room for a change in subject, or to allow the victim to escape, by not giving a break in the conversation. Any questioning of views bring strong arguments and only encourages the zealot to push their views harder.

I appreciate the tenacity of DVD but hope that he is not falling into the above catagory. I hope someday to meet him face to face and maybe I will understand what is going on in that rock hard melon of his.

DVD, you are one tenacious bloke!
Sham

Postby Isotopia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Tenacity is a word equally applied to the homeless person on the street corner who yells and spits at pigeons - and the occasional pedestrian - all the while berating both for not stepping closer so that they might better hear and understand the what the crazed one has to say.
Isotopia

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6W9Ko9VlQ[/youtube]

Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 am

Isotopia wrote:Tenacity is a word equally applied to the homeless person on the street corner who yells and spits at pigeons - and the occasional pedestrian - all the while berating both for not stepping closer so that they might better hear and understand the what the crazed one has to say.

This is/was to be an appreciation thread.

Havin a hard time attempting to appreciate you.

Just posting a fact!

You always talk out of your ass no matter what hypocritical/contradictory sock you use.

You dont know me and yet you are not an original Burner. This I know because I and all of the original Burners were there.

Shambala at least has proof I am an original Burner, whether or not they are in a state of denial of my being an original Burner, but Shambala has the proof never the less.

Could you at least fuck off till you know all the facts please?

It would be to your advantage..........NOT!

Just fuck off!

I dont fuck with you. You fuck with me first then I punch back.

Usually with a bigger punch that pisses you off.

Grow the fuck up.

As far as Shambala???????

Shambala has made a good point every now and then........

None of it makes any difference to me.

I'm one of the originals like it or not and that is just the way it is.

:? :roll:

Get over it!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 am

Shambala wrote:.

DVD, you are one tenacious bloke!

Ha ha ha ha!

yes, my melon is hard but thanks for appreciating my tenacity!

Cheers to you!

:lol:

A lesson to all here, this is called respecting each other even if we dont agree.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:23 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCRXz5oOQVY[/youtube]

At least I can post the truth somewhere!

Thanks here Nor There!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Trying to stay on track before the B and I derailed this thread......

Anyone have any comments on "The Orb"?

Bet no one listened to it.

AT ALL!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Box Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Good to see you here DVD. Missed you at the burn. Maybe you will come next year?
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:21 pm

It was orbtastic. But you need a new camera, focus is for shit.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Kinetik V » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Love The Orb...they don't get enough exposure IMHO.

DVD, I've got some rants. Don't give a flying rat's ass if you like it or you don't here they come.

1: Ok, you've established your "burner" credentials. You were there in the beginning. Rah-rah, good for you. Thank you for your contributions to the event we all love and that draws us here to this little outpost on the internet. That being said give it a rest and let's move on.

2: You let Badger get to you way too much. He used to know how to fire me up...until I wised up and realized he puts his pants on the same way you and I do. In short he's just another burner. He's got some great knowledge on some subjects, use him as a resource when needed, copy his snark and use it elsewhere but beyond that ignore his ass. You waste way too much time on letting him push your buttons. And trust me he's got you on speed dial. You control this. And after all these years it's time for you to put a stop to it. If not now then when, and if not you then who?

3: Sometimes your content is out there. But I give you credit for introducing me to IP6 and other things and I value your contributions on the eplaya. I hope you stick around and keep contributing.

I'll get off my soapbox now but seriously, I buried the hatchet with Badger years ago and I wish you could find a way to do the same.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Just showin some love again!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1xCvJOCA1Y[/youtube]

love you guys!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Isotopia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:13 am

Trying to stay on track...

Why start now?
Isotopia

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 am

Kinetic V wrote:Love The Orb...they don't get enough exposure IMHO.

DVD, I've got some rants. Don't give a flying rat's ass if you like it or you don't here they come.

1: Ok, you've established your "burner" credentials. You were there in the beginning. Rah-rah, good for you. Thank you for your contributions to the event we all love and that draws us here to this little outpost on the internet. That being said give it a rest and let's move on.

2: You let Badger get to you way too much. He used to know how to fire me up...until I wised up and realized he puts his pants on the same way you and I do. In short he's just another burner. He's got some great knowledge on some subjects, use him as a resource when needed, copy his snark and use it elsewhere but beyond that ignore his ass. You waste way too much time on letting him push your buttons. And trust me he's got you on speed dial. You control this. And after all these years it's time for you to put a stop to it. If not now then when, and if not you then who?

3: Sometimes your content is out there. But I give you credit for introducing me to IP6 and other things and I value your contributions on the eplaya. I hope you stick around and keep contributing.

I'll get off my soapbox now but seriously, I buried the hatchet with Badger years ago and I wish you could find a way to do the same.

This eplaya place is starting to show some heart. Now if Fishy and I could mend some fences that would be great. Fishy, come on babe, speak to me, I'm listening especially for non-hateful advice.
cowboyangel

Postby Sham » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA[/youtube]

I dare anyone to listen to all 2:42 minutes of this without hurling their cookies!
Sham

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:28 pm

coincidence of all coincidences:

I just happened to be eating a big chocolate chip cookie when I saw your post and laughed when I saw the title "kumbaya", spraying the monitor with chocolate chip cookie bits. Only then did I see your dare. No need to watch the movie for me.
Artemis

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Shambala wrote:I dare anyone to listen to all 2:42 minutes of this without hurling their cookies!

Done. That's Joan Baez- I'll crawl on my hands & knees to listen to her, I don't care what she's singing. It's also a really beautiful version of a song usually done quite badly.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:54 pm

http://www.informationweek.com/news/har ... ll+Stories

Oracle Introduces Sparc Supercluster
Demonstrating a commitment to Sun Microsystems hardware, Oracle has announced Solaris Servers with the new 16-core Sparc T3 processor.

By Antone Gonsalves , InformationWeek
December 3, 2010 08:00 AM

Oracle is showing its commitment to the Sun Microsystems hardware it acquired in a $7.4 billion takeover this year by introducing Solaris servers powered by the new 16-core Sparc T3 processor.

The product line upgrade introduced Thursday includes a new Supercluster that can include dozens of rack-mount, T3 servers tied together through Oracle's high-speed InfiniBand switching fabric, Oracle's Real Application Clusters software and Sun's FlashFire solid-state storage acceleration technology. The refresh also includes an Exalogic Elastic Cloud T3-1B, a hardware/software product that makes heavy use of flash memory, up to five terabytes. The solid-state memory boosts performance significantly by serving as a giant cache storing business logic and the data that it's working with.

The entire Exalogic system can be connected to Oracle's Exadata database machine or storage arrays using the company's InfiniBand technology, which is capable of moving data at 40 GB per second. The combination of Exalogic and Exadata allows Java applications to run up to 10 times faster than on other hardware/software configurations, according to Oracle.

The latest announcements make good on Oracle's promise to use Sparc T3 chips in next generation Sun servers running the Solaris operating system. The latest processor delivers significantly higher performance, Oracle says.

Speed is certainly a focus with the new systems. Oracle claims its new Supercluster running the company's Database 11g is three times faster in online transaction processing than IBM's Power 780 server cluster with Power7 processors and IBM's DB2 9.7 database. Oracle based its claims on tests approved by the Transaction Processing Performance Council, which listed the results on its website. What isn't known is how Oracle achieved that speed mark and whether it represents a real-life situation.

ujitsu is also hoping to benefit from Oracle's speed accomplishments in introducing Thursday Sun Enterprise M-Series servers running the new Sparc64 VII+ processor. With a clock speed up to 3.0 GHz, the chip is faster than what was previously available and has double the L2 cache, or 12 MB. Oracle and Fujitsu are claiming 20% higher performance.

Oracle and Fujitsu are hoping their higher-performing systems will lure customers away from rivals IBM and Hewlett-Packard. Competition among the companies is increasing as the overall market shrinks. All of the Sparc Solaris systems, as well as similar products from IBM and HP, run on variants of the Unix OS. IDC reported this week that the worldwide market for Unix servers declined 9.7% year over year in the third quarter.

Oracle has not said when the new systems will be available or how much they will cost. The new products are expected to be released soon.

Oracle announced the $7.4 billion acquisition of Sun in April of last year. The takeover didn't get approval from European regulators until January of this year, five months after it received approval from U.S. regulators.

During the delay, Sun's hardware business, which was already weak, declined rapidly and analysts wondered whether Oracle chief executive Larry Ellison would commit the necessary resources to rebuild the product line. Ellison has since shown a commitment to building highly optimized and engineered systems that remove the chores of extensive integration, tuning and testing when buying and tying together the best individual products from multiple vendors. Critics say Ellison's approach makes it difficult for customers to leave Oracle if prices rise or the technology changes.

SEE ALSO:

Wolfe's Den: Why Oracle's Sun Servers Are Sinking (And Why That's A Good Thing)

Global CIO: Oracle Launches 'Cloud In A Box' And New Cloud Business

Hurd Takes Oracle OpenWorld Stage To Highlight Products

Business intelligence and analytics are driving operational insights for healthcare organizations. The next leap: analytics to improve patient care. Download the new issue of InformationWeek Healthcare for that story and more. Free registration required.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Also,

this is not released yet. Hope to sign my friend Fc Nond to my label shortly!

Cheers!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:00 am

Still saying nothing.

Still a dick.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby knowmad » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 pm

As he has pointed out, This is the DVDBurner appreciation thread.
Soo.... in the spirit of festivus (the festival for the rest of us). I will begin the airing of grievances;

I Have been on ePlaya for about a year now (and to the actual playa twice.)
I was Instantly bewildered by some of my fellow ePlayans, they were nothing like my experience with real burners. Then I started Seeing this guy that would Cut and Paste every thing out of context, bait and switch, troll, act bewildered when confronted with his trolling, and embrace a whilly-nilly political spectrum that defied a few of laws of logic and nature. And I thought, wow! what a marvelous Creature! I immediately thought of Blake's poem "the Tiger".

OK. Now having said that, I address the Grievance. "These Fearsome Ironic Creatures need to be protected! and caged (for their protection and ours)! But please remove the "do not feed the animals" Sign, along with the "Do not tap on glass." one.

And in the Spirit of Christmass, I offer this Sincere sounding, yet spiritually devoid adage, for this low low introductory price of $29.95 (plus $4.59 for shipping, all major credit cards accepted) "Merry Christmass Mr. DVD!"
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
knowmad

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 pm

If we're going to air grievances...I might as well air one out.

Seeing DVD and Badger go at it for Round #4931 of their online spat is like going to the zoo and watching two monkeys sit and throw poo at each other. It's cute at first, then it's like gross, then you move on to seeing something else. I'm at the it's time to see something else phase and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Is there even a shred of common ground the two of you can build from to simply tolerate the other's presence here? Nobody wants you to go away, we want you to contribute in the ways that you do...but without this silly crap. How about it? Is it possible? Or will we get excuses?

It's time to move on from this...it really is.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z6S_5HGlM8[/youtube]

MEH!

:lol:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion