What are you listening to right now?

All things outside of Burning Man.

What Are You Listening To?

Postby buckethead alien » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:33 pm

Someone had to revive this thread.

Me: Vesna ~ Snow Sences (just got the CD today)
buckethead alien

Burning Since: 1997

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Nina Hagen on my virtural headphones. Nunsexmonkrock.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Coldplay

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:18 am

Coldplay, because "soft is the new loud".
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:23 am

Cowboy Junkies, New Dawn Coming
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:31 pm

Rusted Root, When I Woke
Alpha

Postby Sensei » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:23 pm

Karmisnky Experience: Exploration.
Sensei

Postby samtzu » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:08 pm

Two programmers arguing in the next cubicle over about whose fault some arcane error's is... And I'm about to listen to the sound of my chair going over the cubicle and into their midst...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer
samtzu

Postby Rian Jackson » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:49 pm

samtzu wrote:Two programmers arguing in the next cubicle over about whose fault some arcane error's is... And I'm about to listen to the sound of my chair going over the cubicle and into their midst...

beware of calling anything arcane on these boards. it can get you in big trouble.
surlier than thou
Rian Jackson

Postby samtzu » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:15 pm

Rian Jackson wrote:
samtzu wrote:Two programmers arguing in the next cubicle over about whose fault some arcane error's is... And I'm about to listen to the sound of my chair going over the cubicle and into their midst...

beware of calling anything arcane on these boards. it can get you in big trouble.

Good point... how about:
Two immature, whiney, programmers arguing in the next cubicle over about who's at fault for some programming error that is beyond my ken, and beyond my patience to listen to ... And I'm about to listen to the sound of my chair going over the cubicle and into their midst, to be shortly followed by... Me, leaping into their midst, like Conan into a gang well armed thugs, only to emerge victorious, swathed in blood and gore, but unharmed, due to my excellent skill with the broad, finely honed sword, made by the greatest craftsman in all Cimmeria, etc., etc., ad nauseum... ...and whatever happened to Gore?... Yeah, we liked him!
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer
samtzu

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:26 pm

buckethead alien wrote:Someone had to revive this thread.

Glad you did.

I'm listening to this snipet from a pirated piece of software someone I was working with on a job was installing before I jumped into his case for not fucking things up for me by installing that software while helping me on my gig. (run-on)

I really think this snipett is kinda cool.......but I'm rid of that software.. :twisted: . Wish I knew who wrote it.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:26 pm

wish I knew who wrote the music that is. :P :x

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:04 pm

At present I'm listening to a 2-year-old who doesn't want to vacate the bath tub. :-/
Alpha

Postby tisha2 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:28 pm

:lol: :lol:

two 7 yo's and a 2 yo that don't want to go to bed!!
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:34 pm

Hey maybe your 2yo and mine need to get together. They'll both stay up, but at least they can amuse each other while we go hit the bar... :-)
Alpha

Postby tisha2 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:44 pm

ooh! and the 7yo's can babysit!!
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:55 pm

sounds from the Red Sox Locker Room
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby amnesia » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:53 pm

There is a certain vacumn, beneath mine eyes.

A pitch not for ears, though known indelibly throughout
this head.

Would it be taste! A flavor to delight?

Not that, most sought though fleeting want.

Could I seek by flesh this want of mine, and find other more divine?

Surely scent, but what aire brought mine just may leave...

Thought, the one true always freind of mine
amnesia

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:02 pm

hey eplayans...check out this web site:
http://www.blindsailing.com/index.htm

these two people are legally blind and they are now sailing around the world!
Since we all love sending messages on the net, I thought you might like to know that you can send these folks a message too, apparently they have a satellite internet hook-up on their vessel. I wanna do this too (sail around the globe)....anybody wanna go sailing?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Sandwichman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:06 am

I am listening to "Soundbwoy super status reggae breaks and beats" an absolute gorgeous journey of dubby/reggae beats that makes me miss the days of enjoying a nice fat spliff

Earlier I was checking out a compilation called "Psychedlic Soul" it is rare funk and soul tracks from the Atlantic and Warner vaults. Very tasty grooves.

Jason
oonsa oonsa for your feets click here
Sandwichman

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:30 am

No shit, there I was, all ready to go to sleep. Teeth brushed, vites taken, and THEN...

Bloody Peter Van De Graf had to go and play Glinka's "Ruslan and Ludmila Overture." Now I'm as jacked as a five-year-old after a tickle-war.

Eh, well. Could be worse. He could have bracketed it with Bizet's "Gypsy Song" and Bernstein's "Candide Overture." And at least now I know what to play when I need to open up a good solid can of Wake The Hell Up...
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:31 am

games without frontiers
this ones for Joel......

Peter Gabriel and Deep Forest - While the Earth Sleeps

And this ones for all my Muslim friends celebrating Ramadan.

That's right, That's what I'm listening to.

So sue me.

That's right sue me.

Burningman should sue me........Peter Gabriel and all the Muslims should sue me. Go ahead......sue me.

no problem..........Download it. It's awsome and it's what I'm listening to.

Anyone have a problem? ..........sue me............

Thank you very much.

enjoy. :lol:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:40 am

And FUCK BUSH!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:41 am

Wrong thread...... :x

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:48 am

And if you feel that you should'nt listen to any of it your an ignorant fuck.

:shock:

:lol:

well you're missin out any way............. :P

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby RingO'Fire » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:03 am

Buck Owens and the Buckaroo's - Greatest Hits Volume 1

I just saw this documentary on CMT a couple of days ago called "Lost Highway." It's a four-part BBC documentary on American country music that is totally amazing. In one episode called "Beyond Nashville", they talked about the pioneers of the "Bakersfield Sound", Buck Owens and Merle Haggard. The show also details how Willie Nelson came out of Austin and the history of Waylon, Kris Kristofferson, Gram Parsons & the Flying Burrito Brothers, etc. It's really an amazing documentary series.

Until two days ago, as far as I knew, Buck Owens was just this old hack who had been on the TV show "Hee-Haw" when I was growing up. My parents listened to country music when I was a kid, so naturally I hated the shit. I still don't like most contemporary country/western music on country music radio. Anyway, I never realized what a talented music pioneer Buck was until I learned about him on "Lost Highway" the other day. Apparently, The Beatles were also huge Buck Owens fans. I just got the CD last night; I already love it.

Here's a link to a clip from the "Lost Highway" series (requires Windows Media Player 9):
http://www.cmt.com/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/index.jhtml?
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby samtzu » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:39 am

Well, Ring, we have the same tastes. I, too, was raised on Country music, and I too hate it... it's like bad Pop, or bad Rock N' Roll... but I have my favorites. Buck doesn't rise up as high as Johnny Cash, or Willie Nelson, but he does have his place. I despise Merle for his "Oakie From Miskogee", but I grudgingly admit he made some good fucking music. And Graham Parsons? FUCK!! He was fucking brilliant. "Hickory Wind" was one of my all time favorites.... Emmy Lou did it justice... It was a shame he died.

Well, nuff said... back to work... Oh, and I'm listening to the whinney voiced trainer flipping out over problems with the new computer system. Off to the fuck thread.
samtzu

Postby RingO'Fire » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:52 am

Hey Sam,
I agree, Buck Owens isn't nearly the caliber of Johnny Cash or Willie, but he's definately fun to listen to. Johnny Cash definately rules! I especially like "Ring of Fire"! [heh heh heh]

Seriously though, I just bought the remastered "The Fabulous Johnny Cash" last week. It was his first release on Columbia Records (1959). The only part I don't like about this album is the Jordonaires on backing vocals parroting Johnny's lyrics. I'd rather just listen to Johnny sing.

Since I was so vociferous in my objections to country music as an adolescent, after I bought this album, I just had to call my mom and tell her, "...you're never going to believe what album I just bought..." She said, "See, I told you that was good music! It just goes to show, you shuld always listen to your momma!"

Until I watched the "Lost Highway" documentary, I thought that the band Nazareth wrote "Love Hurts." Now that I've heard Gram and Emmylou sing it, I know what the song's supposed to sound like. I'm having girlfriend problems right now too, so the deep soulfulness of the Gram and Emmylou version really resonated with me.

My next planned music acquistions, in no particular order, are: Gram Parsons, New Riders of the Purple Sage, JJ Cale, and John Hartford.
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby Q_ » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:55 am

I love it when Johnny sings hurt.... Fantabulous
Seek not to follow in the footsteps of the wise but seek what they sought
Q_

Postby SilkenTofu » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:01 am

Low - One More Reason to Forget

perfect for this rainy, overcast day in Sacramento.
I am a bit tied up at the moment...but if you leave your name and number.....
SilkenTofu

Location: in a cold case in the healthfood eisle at your local grocery store

Postby BAS » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:11 pm

Well, I was listening to the rain outside my bedroom window...; however, it seems that it stopped raining when I wasn't paying attention! :?

I wanna go sailing around the world! Or go by airship-- Neiman-Marcus is currently selling zeppelins for "only" $10 million each! :shock:

Brian
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Next

Return to Open Discussion