Survivor Burningman Reference

All things outside of Burning Man.

Survivor Burningman Reference

Postby LeChatNoir » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:03 pm

Ok... so who else caught the reference to BM on Survivor?

Yeah, yeah... it’s the only show I watch... I identify with Rupert.

The word is spreading I suppose. Is that good or bad?
LeChatNoir

Re: Survivor Burningman Reference

Postby PurpleKoosh » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:43 pm

LaChatNoir wrote:Ok... so who else caught the reference to BM on Survivor?

Heh. My husband was at his mother's place, and called to make sure I'd seen it.

I was pleased to see that Jerri is still wearing her BM pendant. And Richard looks great in his Utilikilt. (Now we just need to get Rupert into one....)
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003

Postby LeChatNoir » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:46 pm

Ha!

I didn't notice the pendant, but did noticed the Utilikilt. In fact, I think I'll be ordering mine tommorrow. Finally got the money WhooHoo!!

Matt
LeChatNoir

Postby Icepack » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:45 am

PurpleKoosh wrote:

I was pleased to see that Jerri is still wearing her BM pendant. And Richard looks great in his Utilikilt. (Now we just need to get Rupert into one....)

Now if we could just get Richard to wear it! Naked Richard is NOT something I need to see on tv. I'm all for nudity, but it seems like he does it just to be extra obnoxious.

I was VERY pleased to see them burn the man. But I wish it hadn't just been done at the end with everyone leaving. It would have been nice if it was for everybody to see, rather than just that team.

Do you think Larry Harvey will object about it, like Burning Man infringement or some dumb thing like that?
Icepack

Not to be elitest...

Postby Plaid » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:50 pm

Not to be elitest...

But do we really want the general television audience knowing about Burning Man? Jerri quietly wearing her pendant, great... but more than that... ? Are we asking for trouble?

I do love that she's listed Mutatyor as her favorite band (on her profile)... and hope they don't edit her so badly this year. I think she's great, and they didn't paint her out very well last time she was on.

;) Plaid
*\<>/**\<>/**\<>/**\<>/**\<>/*

Plaid, the perfect combination
of color, form, and life.
Plaid

larry can'town the term burning man

Postby allanon2 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:10 pm

Cultures have been burning men for thousands of year.
now if they use burning man as a reference to a community event where tickets are sold etc...then the LLC can have a issue.

I doknow that people have been burning men for thousands of years as a religous things.

Icepack wrote:
PurpleKoosh wrote:

Now if we could just get Richard to wear it! Naked Richard is NOT something I need to see on tv. I'm all for nudity, but it seems like he does it just to be extra obnoxious.

I was VERY pleased to see them burn the man. But I wish it hadn't just been done at the end with everyone leaving. It would have been nice if it was for everybody to see, rather than just that team.

Do you think Larry Harvey will object about it, like Burning Man infringement or some dumb thing like that?
allanon2

Postby PurpleKoosh » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:41 pm

Icepack wrote:
PurpleKoosh wrote:I was pleased to see that Jerri is still wearing her BM pendant. And Richard looks great in his Utilikilt. (Now we just need to get Rupert into one....)

I think he does it because he feels it's expected of him at this point. Remember JP's remark at the challenge: "Richard Hatch is naked - Survivor All-Stars is ON!"

And think about it: We see plenty of naked people of all shapes and sizes when we're Home (hell, if I didn't sunburn so easily, I'd be one of them). At least in Richard's case we get the benefit of having his bits digitized....
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:00 pm

I doknow that people have been burning men for thousands of years as a religous things.

Yep. Just as they have been misrepresenting the truth.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:05 pm

But do we really want the general television audience knowing about Burning Man?

Ummm... too late, the cat's out of the bag, my Mom has been watching the burn on CNN for the last 4 or 5 years (I think she said she missed it this year for some reason). Every year she says " I looked for you, but I don't think I saw you, maybe you should wear something that stands out more?" Sure thing Mom!

And then there's the Simpsons Episode, Reno 911, etc....
Chai Guy

Postby Icepack » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:15 pm

PurpleKoosh wrote:
Icepack wrote:
PurpleKoosh wrote:I was pleased to see that Jerri is still wearing her BM pendant. And Richard looks great in his Utilikilt. (Now we just need to get Rupert into one....)

I think he does it because he feels it's expected of him at this point. Remember JP's remark at the challenge: "Richard Hatch is naked - Survivor All-Stars is ON!"

And think about it: We see plenty of naked people of all shapes and sizes when we're Home (hell, if I didn't sunburn so easily, I'd be one of them). At least in Richard's case we get the benefit of having his bits digitized....

His bits digitized.... .yes!! Well said! In the water, fine. I could never understood why people bathe with their bathing suits on or whatever anyway, but dropping his clothes at the beginning of the challenge.. expected of him? Sure. So do the unexpected! I'd rather see that utilikilt.
Icepack

Return to Open Discussion