Where the fuck does this go?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby gyre » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:52 am

gyre

Postby wedeliver » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 am

Black Magic? Newspaper Claims Suspect Turned Into a Goat

LAGOS, Nigeria — One of Nigeria's biggest daily newspapers reported that police implicated a goat in an attempted automobile theft. In a front-page article on Friday, the Vanguard newspaper said that two men tried to steal a Mazda car two days earlier in Kwara State, with one suspect transforming himself into a goat as vigilantes cornered him.

The paper quoted police spokesman Tunde Mohammed as saying that while one suspect escaped, the other transformed into a goat as he was about to be apprehended.

The newspaper reported that police paraded the goat before journalists, and published a picture of the animal.

Police in the state couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Belief in black magic is widespread in Nigeria, particularly in far-flung rural areas.

The goat will be tried in a local court, if found guilty the Judge and Jury will cook the goat slowly over and open fire and then after the evil spirits are burned (we can relate to that) away, they gets to eat him.

Here is a image of the evil Bovidae follows

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482506,00.html
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby robotland » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:36 am

gyre wrote:A Practical Use For Coolers

25 Days at Sea in Shark Infested Waters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... sinks.html
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 05,00.html

Best thing gleaned from article? ....A new nicknmae for coolers. "Esky".
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Elderberry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:41 am

wedeliver wrote:
Black Magic? Newspaper Claims Suspect Turned Into a Goat

LAGOS, Nigeria — One of Nigeria's biggest daily newspapers reported that police implicated a goat in an attempted automobile theft. In a front-page article on Friday, the Vanguard newspaper said that two men tried to steal a Mazda car two days earlier in Kwara State, with one suspect transforming himself into a goat as vigilantes cornered him.

The paper quoted police spokesman Tunde Mohammed as saying that while one suspect escaped, the other transformed into a goat as he was about to be apprehended.

The newspaper reported that police paraded the goat before journalists, and published a picture of the animal.

Police in the state couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Belief in black magic is widespread in Nigeria, particularly in far-flung rural areas.

The goat will be tried in a local court, if found guilty the Judge and Jury will cook the goat slowly over and open fire and then after the evil spirits are burned (we can relate to that) away, they gets to eat him.

Here is a image of the evil Bovidae follows

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482506,00.html

And this is 2009? I was going to say unbelievable, but on second thought I don't know how this is much different than people that chose to believe in any other imaginary diety--just funnier.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 am

wedeliver wrote:
Here is a image of the evil Bovidae follows.
A bovid is a cow. The latin root for goat is capri as in capricorn and capricious.
A few more
Ovid = sheep
Equid/equine = horse
canid/canine = dog
felid/feline = cat
lupine = wolf
picine = fish
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Playmobil Security Check Point

Postby gyre » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:44 am

Playmobil Security Check Point

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002CYTL2
http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3906-Po ... pd_sbs_t_1
http://www.intotheweeds.com/2008/03/pla ... point.html

Be sure to read the comments.
I can't find the safe cracking set now.

* This is great learning too for young brownshirts. I am waiting for a few accessories though, kids size jackboots and a toy Taser. Think how much fun that will be for your young Martin Bormann types. I envision a low voltage say 5KV instead of 50kv to give a realistic but non-hazardous jolt. Next we can have a nice Nerf Nightstick and little Heinrich can have great start getting ready for his future job with the TSA, local police force or the new STASI ( Secure Transportation And Safety Inititive) Be the first on your block. I also look forward to the upcoming Halliburton Play detention center real simulated barbed wire.

* I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!". But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital. The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I've heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I'll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush).

Also, check out the "People who Bought Items Like This Also Bought..." rig. Dianetics? WTF?
gyre

Postby Elderberry » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 am

That's funny stuff.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby wedeliver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:57 pm

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby betrdanevr » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 pm

betrdanevr

Does this go under evolution?

Postby gyre » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 am

'You have to be comfortable with it': Weta designers agreed the prosthetic had to become part of Nadya
It was two years ago that she wrote to the Oscar-winning special effects company to ask them to make her a tail.
Dream come true: Double amputee Nadya Vessey models her new tail, courtesy of Weta Workshop

Woman becomes a mermaid after 'Lord of the Rings' special effects shop gives her new prosthetic

A double amputee who lost both her legs as a child has turned into a mermaid with the help of an Oscar-winning special-effects workshop.

Nadya Vessey, from Auckland, New Zealand, suffered a medical condition as a child that forced doctors to amputate both her legs.

When a little boy asked her what happened to her legs, she told him she was a mermaid.

The idea stuck - and, two years ago, she wrote to Oscar-winning special effects company Weta Workshop in Wellington, New Zealand, to ask them to make her a tail.

She never believed they actually would.

But for the people behind the special effects in blockbuster hits like 'Lord of the Rings', 'The Chronicles of Narnia', and 'King Kong', the task was a piece of cake.

Now the astounded - and delighted - Nadya has a fully-functioning tail.

It comes complete with a fitted suit, and covered with digitally printed sock with hand-painted mermaid scales.

'A prosthetic is a prosthetic, and your body has to be comfortable with it and you have to mentally make it part of yourself,' Nadya, who has been swimming in a pool and Auckland Harbour, told New Zealand media.

'It was absolutely amazing,' said costumer Lee Williams. 'It's beautiful to watch Nadya swim and to see that dream come true and to be a part of that. I feel quite blessed.'

Williams said she had 'wanted [Nadya] to be beautiful and sexy'.

And it was important the tail look realistic, she added. 'What became apparent was that she actually physically wanted to look like a mermaid.'

Weta Workshop director Richard Taylor, more used to winning Oscars for visual effects from movies such as Lord of the Rings, was delighted to make it happen.

'She was very patient. We haven't always been able to fulfil some requests. We were engaged in it pretty quickly because it was a challenge.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... hetic.html
gyre

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Psst, Kernel, you could do this, couldn't you?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby gyre » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:51 am

I ran across this caution while trying to translate a favorite show from Channel Four.
Love this.

Many of the items in this list are highly vernacular, quickly obsolescent, age-specific, and/or regional expressions, which foreigners might be best served by avoiding.
gyre

Postby gyre » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:36 pm

gyre

Postby Monkeypoo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:26 pm

I did a research on RETURN....

Monkeypoo

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Postby wedeliver » Sat May 30, 2009 5:58 pm

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

King's Dominion, Virginia

Postby gyre » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:41 pm

There was an item on the news today about ufos and smoke rings in virginia.
I recognize that smoke ring.
Turns out there are lots of items about smoke ring ufos on the interweb.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4yneuf_HT4[/youtube]

http://www.fox43tv.com/dpp/video/UFO_at ... 15_2534233

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/Laura-Kn ... -07-03.htm
gyre

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:43 pm

That lady is D-U-M-B, and that spells moon.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby gyre » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Interesting docko and a lot of material.

http://southernfolklore.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=384
gyre

Postby littleflower » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:02 pm

littleflower

Postby **burn** » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby gyre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Burn,
I would suggest pasting anything you want to save from ebay or craigslist on eplaya, as they soon change.

Littleflower, that's a very funny webhouse.
gyre

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:24 am

Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby littleflower » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:45 am

Japan train workers check grins with smile meter

TOKYO – Her uniform looks good, with striped scarf and blue cap in perfect order, but railway employee Mitsue Endo has one thing to do before she faces the masses — pass the smile test.
Endo, who works at hectic Shinagawa Station in central Tokyo for Keihin Express Railway Co., sits in front of a laptop computer with a digital camera mounted on top. At first she is a bit grim-faced, and the verdict from the company's smile-rating software is instant and candid.
"Smile: 0" pops up on the screen.
She breaks into a broad grin and the computer responds cheerfully, giving her a score of 70.
The company has installed the system to help employees check their smiles before heading out to face customers. The test is optional, but at major stations like Shinagawa, the 250,000 riders who pass through per day can be rushed and agitated, and a happy face can go a long way.
"Smiling helps our interaction with the passengers. I think the atmosphere becomes more relaxing with a smile," says Endo, whose job includes helping lost customers find their way and dealing with ticketing mishaps.
Keihin uses the software at 15 of its 72 stations, concentrating on the busier locations.
Taichi Takahashi, who works in public relations at the train operator, says it gives employees a chance to examine themselves before they go to work.
"I don't think that we have had much opportunity to stare at our faces that close and for that long to check our facial expressions until now," he said.

scary ...
littleflower

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:55 am

That would be a cool rig to set up on the playa.
Sounds very japanese.
gyre

Postby gyre » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:24 pm

I just like the paint job.

gyre

Smart Smijten

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:35 am

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news ... 1378.html#
If anyone can tell me how to get these images to work, please tell me.

Smart Smijten

Amsterdam, July 25, 2009 [DutchAmsterdam.nl] — Amsterdam police is deeply concerned about a new craze in which vandals toss parked cars from the Smart brand into the city’s canals.

The so-called ‘Smart tossing’ takes place mainly during the weekend, when many youths are out for a night on the town.

According to locally-published newspaper De Telegraaf police has not wanted to publicize this form of vandalism for fear of copy-cat incidents. However, police officers are paying extra attention to Amsterdam’s canals, especially during the weekends.

The Smart cars are small enough to be parked with head or tail pointing to the water.

One man who parked his Smart car that way said police woken him with the message that his car had been pushed into the canal.

“Several weeks ago the same thing happened to my companion’s Smart,â€
gyre

Postby SilverOrange » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:09 am

Hey gyre, just cut off the url after the .jpg and they seem to work fine.
SilverOrange

Re: Smart Smijten

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:42 pm

gyre

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion