Where the fuck does this go?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby gyre » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 am

Why does anyone accept a totally corrupt system to begin with?

No evidence of any type handled exclusively by the police should be admitted in court.
No appearance of ethical conduct or guarantee of validity is possible.
It can't even pass the smell test.

In no other venue are such corrupt practices allowed, yet people act as if this is normal.
It is beyond unacceptable, even without a known issue.

As this case shows, there is no transparency when falsification is practiced, nor is it possible to enforce.

The current system is a guarantee of fraud.
If you tried to run a pharmaceutical test on aspirin the way police evidence is handled, you'd be laughed out the door.
gyre

Postby can't sit still » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Gyre, just make sure that you don't go to Cuba. If you are caught with a Cuban stamp in your passport, your info is sent straight to the Office of Foreign Asset Control.
There is no arrest, arraignment, trial, conviction and sentencing. OFAC notifies you what your fine and / or sentence is. You can get $ 300,000 and / or 10 years. You broke the Helms-Burton act,, the Torticelli act, and the Trading With the Enemy act.
A few people tried to contest. OFAC didn't have any judges so they borrowed judges from the Mining dept of the Dept of the Interior. It's illegal to spend any money in Cuba. If you went,, you're guilty.

On a lighter note; "Speaking before his arrest, he said: ''Everybody wants a flame thrower on a motor bike."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ested.html
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

The fluid piano

Postby gyre » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:36 pm

gyre

Postby gyre » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:11 pm

I mentioned experiments applying emf to the brain creating temporary artistic ability and compulsion.
This is a bit different.
I wonder how safe mobiles are?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8593748.stm

Magnets 'can modify our morality'

Scientists have shown they can change people's moral judgements by disrupting a specific area of the brain with magnetic pulses.

They identified a region of the brain just above and behind the right ear which appears to control morality.

And by using magnetic pulses to block cell activity they impaired volunteers' notion of right and wrong.

The small Massachusetts Institute of Technology study appears in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Lead researcher Dr Liane Young said: "You think of morality as being a really high-level behaviour.

"To be able to apply a magnetic field to a specific brain region and change people's moral judgments is really astonishing."

The key area of the brain is a knot of nerve cells known as the right temporo-parietal junction (RTPJ).

The researchers subjected 20 volunteers to a number of tests designed to assess their notions of right and wrong.

In one scenario participants were asked how acceptable it was for a man to let his girlfriend walk across a bridge he knew to be unsafe.

After receiving a 500 millisecond magnetic pulse to the scalp, the volunteers delivered verdicts based on outcome rather than moral principle.

If the girlfriend made it across the bridge safely, her boyfriend was not seen as having done anything wrong.

In effect, they were unable to make moral judgments that require an understanding of other people's intentions.

Previous work has shown the RTPJ to be highly active when people think about the thoughts and beliefs of others.

Electric currents

The MIT team pinpointed the region in volunteers using a sophisticated functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) brain scan.

They then targeted the area using a technique called transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to create weak electric currents that temporarily stop brain cells working normally.

In one test, volunteers were exposed to TMS for 25 minutes before reading stories involving morally questionable characters, and being asked to judge their actions.

In a second experiment, volunteers were subjected to a much shorter 500 millisecond TMS burst while being asked to make a moral judgement.

In both cases, the researchers found that when the RTPJ was disrupted volunteers were more likely to judge actions solely on the basis of whether they caused harm - not whether they were morally wrong in themselves.

Morally dubious acts with a "happy" ending were often deemed acceptable.

Sarah-Jayne Blakemore, a brain expert at University College London, said the findings were insightful.

"The study suggests that this region - the RTPJ - is necessary for moral reasoning.

"What is interesting is that this is a region that is very late developing - into adolescence and beyond right into the 20s.

"The next step would be to look at how or whether moral development changes through childhood into adulthood."
gyre

Postby can't sit still » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Prove your patriotism

WALK NAKED IN AMERICA DAY

Don't forget to mark your calendars.

As you may already know, it is a sin for a Muslim male to see any woman other than his wife naked and if he does, he must commit suicide. So next Saturday at 1 PM Eastern Time, all American women are asked to walk out of their house completely naked to help weed out any neighborhood terrorists.

Circling your block for one hour is recommended for this anti-terrorist effort.

All patriotic men are to position themselves in lawn chairs in front of their houses to demonstrate their support for the women and to prove that they are not Muslim terrorist sympathizers. Since Islam also does not approve of alcohol, a cold 6-pack at your side is further proof of your patriotism.

The American government appreciates your efforts to root out terrorists and applauds your participation in this anti- terrorist activity.

God bless America !

P.S.. It is your patriotic duty to inform others. If you don't send to at least 1 person, you're a terrorist-sympathizing, lily-livered coward and are possibly aiding and abetting terrorists.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

HERE HERE
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

where where?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Sham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm

PART PAYMENT

ATTENTION:

MY NAME IS REV JOHN PAUL I AM ONE OF THE(UN) MEMBER ONE OF AFRICANS REPETITIVE AND ALSO A CONSULTANT OF DIPLOMATIC SHIPMENT /CONSIGNMENT CARGO I AM ONE OF THE NEWLY APPOINTED IN LONDON UK MEETING WITH ALL THE CHIEF EXECUTION MEMBERS WITH UNITED NATION ORG BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND ALL THE DIPLOMATIC CARGO HANDLER, NOW IT IS MY DUTY TO CONTACT YOU FOR THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR BOX FUNDS CONSIGNMENT THAT CONTENT YOUR PART PAYMENT OF ($4,000.000.00 MILLION U.S DOLLARS,)HAVE BEEN ALREADY ARRIVED IN UN BUILDING IN TEXAS USA WHICH THEY SUPPOSE TO TAKE DELIVERY IMMEDIATELY TO YOU AT YOUR DOOR STEP, NOTE: THAT I NEED YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS AND YOUR FULL CONTACT ADDRESS WILL BE NEEDED. TO DELIVER YOUR FUNDS CONSIGNMENT TO YOU AT YOUR DOOR STEP BELLOW IS MY PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS TO REPLY ME: revjpaul@***mail.com

I WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU, MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

REGARD,

REV JOHN PAUL
Sham

Postby can't sit still » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

With $ 4 million smackeroos, you can have a pizza delivered to everyone at the burn. That's the most worthwhile cause that I can think of. :lol:
can't sit still

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:15 am

This Is Why You're Fat;

Irish Egg Rolls
Egg rolls stuffed with corned beef, cabbage and swiss cheese.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby can't sit still » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Hey,, looks yummy. It rates right up there with Haggis;
http://images.google.com/images?q=haggi ... CBMQsAQwAA
can't sit still

Postby Risky » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 am

Risky

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 am

PIXELS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcXtT3rZcqg[/youtube]
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Risky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:09 pm

So has anyone tried KFC's new Double Down Sandwich?
Risky

Postby ygmir » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 pm

well, no........but, I've.......well, er..........aw jeeze..........never mind.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Isotopia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 pm

So has anyone tried KFC's new Double Down Sandwich?

I'd rather suck the skid marks out of Mr. T's underwear.
Isotopia

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 am

Fire_Moose

Postby gyre » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:29 am

Why We Can't Do 3 Things at Once

For those who find it tough to juggle more than a couple things at once, don't despair. The brain is set up to manage two tasks, but not more, a new study suggests.

That's because, when faced with two tasks, a part of the brain known as the medial prefrontal cortex (MFC) divides so that half of the region focuses on one task and the other half on the other task. This division of labor allows a person to keep track of two tasks pretty readily, but if you throw in a third, things get a bit muddled.

"What really the results show is that we can readily divide tasking. We can cook, and at the same time talk on the phone, and switch back and forth between these two activities," said study researcher Etienne Koechlin of the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris, France. "However, we cannot multitask with more than two tasks."

The results will be published this week in the journal Science.

Multitasking in the brain

The MFC is thought to be part of the brain's "motivational system." Specifically, it helps monitor the value of rewards and drives a person's behavior according to that value. In other words, it's where rewards are represented in the brain.

Scientists knew that a region at the very front of the brain, called the anterior prefrontal cortex (APC), was involved in multitasking. But they weren't sure how the MFC was involved. Are the rewards for the different tasks represented separately? Or summed together?

Koechlin and his colleagues had 32 subjects complete a letter-matching task while they had their brains scanned with functional magnetic resonance imagining (fMRI). The subjects saw uppercase letters on a screen and had to determine whether those letters were presented in the correct order to spell out a certain word. They were given money if they performed the task with no errors.

The researchers saw that, the higher the monetary reward, the more activity there was in the MFC.

But then they made the task more difficult. In addition to uppercase letters, the subjects were also presented with lowercase letters, and had to switch back and forth between matching the uppercase letters to spell out, say, T-A-B-L-E-T, and lowercase letters to spell out t-a-b-l-e-t.

During this duel task, the MFC divided up the labor. One hemisphere of the brain encoded the reward associated with the uppercase letter task, and so showed activity during that task, while the other region encoded the reward associated with the lowercase task, Koechlin said.

Essentially, the brain behaved "as if each frontal lobe was pursuing its own goal," Koechlin said.

To make things even more complicated, the researchers introduced a third letter-matching task. Here, they saw the subject's accuracy drop considerably. It was as though, once each hemisphere was occupied with managing one task, there was nowhere for the third task to go.

"[The] subjects perform as if they systematically forget one of the three tasks," Koechlin told LiveScience.

Decision-making

The results might also explain why humans seem to have a hard time making decisions between more than two things, Koechlin said.

Previous work has indicated that people like binary choices, or decisions between two things. They have difficultly when decisions involve more than two choices, Koechlin said. When faced with three or more choices, subjects don't appear to evaluate them rationally; they simply start discarding choices until they get back to a binary choice.

This is perhaps because your brain can't keep track of the rewards involved with more than two choices, Koechlin said.

http://www.livescience.com/health/brain ... 00415.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/why ... ingsatonce

http://www.livescience.com/culture/etc/ ... worst.html
http://www.livescience.com/health/05062 ... isten.html
gyre

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 am

you still shouldn't drive and talk/TXT on yer cell...

jus' sayin'
Fire_Moose

Postby gyre » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 am

Fire_Moose wrote:you still shouldn't drive and talk/TXT on yer cell...

jus' sayin'

I don't think they're encouraging that.
Read the last link I posted.
gyre

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 am

I didnt catch that link the first time. but ya pretty much.... on another note...

Fire_Moose

Postby littleflower » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 pm

littleflower

Best line today...

Postby gyre » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:26 pm

"You have to work around the head but the snakes are prone to waking, which can be disconcerting," he explained.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8625553.stm
gyre

Postby Fire_Moose » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Is this a Dandylion?

Fire_Moose

Postby ibdave » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 pm

You know the Motivational poster you see around? well these are the opposite.... 8) 8) :shock:

http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby AntiM » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:21 pm

I love those! I see they have more products now.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:59 pm

AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Suck.
Squeeze.
Bang.
Blow.