how about this website? www.stopburningman.org

All things outside of Burning Man.

how about this website? www.stopburningman.org

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:57 pm

Guest
 

Postby bushonk » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:13 pm

how about this crossposting? www.stoppostingthisineveryforum.com

the site's been around for a while, and will probably be around for a while. While there may be quite a bit of truth behind it, especially the parts regarding the fact that the playa is indeed an ecosystem that could use some attention, I tend to think that the verbage is a bit slanted to get the author's point across. It's impossible to have an event the size of BM without some side effects, despite the LNT ideals.
User avatar
bushonk
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:24 am
Location: NW of the burn

Postby Badger » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:07 pm

Am I being completely out of line in wondering if Allanon's obsession (and multiple crossposts) about the site in question somehow might have something to do with his/her participation in it?

Just seems like online behavior I've seen enough times in the past that makes me think that the question should at least be asked.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:19 am

my god. you have been heard. if you want a real response try not shoving this crap down our throats.

please.

thanks.
User avatar
glam_daddy
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:33 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:20 am

I wonder concidering the name of this section of this post should be concidered a 'rumor' or a 'lie'

thank you drive through
User avatar
glam_daddy
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:33 pm
Location: San Francisco

its neither a rmor or lie

Postby allanon2 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:01 am

[quote="glam_daddy"]I wonder concidering the name of this section of this post should be concidered a 'rumor' or a 'lie'



the only lies are what is told to you all.
you all beleive it becuase you liek the event which is fine.
but when people say one thing but do anouther i have severe issues. i am a etacher in San Jose and if we did that to our students they would never trust us.
yel burnngman man LLC does that to you everyday and you trust them

ahhh hipocrits.
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Postby Chimp » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:51 am

Dear mother of God!! Your spelling is a real fucking shocker Allanon2.

I mean c'mon sunshine, it's fucking useless. Make a bit more bloody effort. Paying attention? Right then...

I before E except after C...sorry, too advanced?

Perhaps we should begin with a run through the alphabet...

A B C D E F G...oh you know that you say, okay then...

Spell the following word, what has wings and flies?

B_ _ D

NO NO NO!!!! Its not BURD, stupid boy,

its BIRD

Oh, I give up.
User avatar
Chimp
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:58 am
Location: London / England

ahh chimp you are just a flammer and dont care about facts

Postby allanon2 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:28 am

so what facts woudl you like discussed?

i can repute them all :)
well almost all from
www.stopburningman.org


Chimp wrote:Dear mother of God!! Your spelling is a real fucking shocker Allanon2.

I mean c'mon sunshine, it's fucking useless. Make a bit more bloody effort. Paying attention? Right then...

I before E except after C...sorry, too advanced?

Perhaps we should begin with a run through the alphabet...

A B C D E F G...oh you know that you say, okay then...

Spell the following word, what has wings and flies?

B_ _ D

NO NO NO!!!! Its not BURD, stupid boy,

its BIRD

Oh, I give up.
Last edited by allanon2 on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Postby Chimp » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:26 am

What in god's name is a flammer?
User avatar
Chimp
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:58 am
Location: London / England

Postby bushonk » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:42 am

Jesus, you're a teacher? Well... there goes the youth of San Jose...
User avatar
bushonk
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:24 am
Location: NW of the burn

Postby respecttheplanet » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:48 am

bushonk wrote:Jesus, you're a teacher? Well... there goes the youth of San Jose...


Nice to see attacks directed the wrong way.

What about the fact that the actions of the Burning Man event are damaging the local ecosystem?
respecttheplanet
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:32 am

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:22 pm

bushonk wrote:Jesus, you're a teacher?

You know I spent 30 seconds wondering what kind of poisenous acids and other chemicals that etcher in San Jose was releasing into the atmosphere.
User avatar
BlueBirdPoof
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:44 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Postby Badger » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:27 pm

so what facts woudl you like discussed?


No discussion. Thank you. Your sleazoid, round about way of initiating the thread(s) already suggests to this reader that facts are the last fucking thing you want discussed here.

How about just coming out and discussing your agenda.

Own it.

Though I suspect not many here would agree with it you'd at least have the comfort of knowing that you initiated it honestly rather than follow through with your spineless, coward's dialogue.

And it is spineless BTW.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

my agenda? is for peopel to be aware and openminded

Postby allanon2 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:55 pm

Badger wrote:
so what facts woudl you like discussed?


No discussion. Thank you. Your sleazoid, round about way of initiating the thread(s) already suggests to this reader that facts are the last fucking thing you want discussed here.



questions yes i want them.


How about just coming out and discussing your agenda.

Own it.

Though I suspect not many here would agree with it you'd at least have the comfort of knowing that you initiated it honestly rather than follow through with your spineless, coward's dialogue.



my agenda is for peopel to be aware of what the truth is
be open minded
be understanding.
i was their in 1989or was it 1990 when burning man first went to the pliya. i was with john law and the san francisco cacophony society first went to blackrock.
I was the one who ran the san francisco cacopohony soceities BBS from aroudn 1990 to 1992 i think.

so yes i know what i am talkign about
so just ask. or are you afraid of the truth? are you afraid that your house of cards in your mind will fall down?


And it is spineless BTW.
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Welp

Postby stopbmorg » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:06 pm

Contact information has been posted, both mailing and emailing, more information added to www.stopburningman.org, including pictures and a couple of good proposals for solutions.

So now what? Are you folks going to hypercriticize the proposed solutions? Be quiet and hope they go away? What's the next move?
stopbmorg
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:48 am

Postby Badger » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:37 pm

So now what? Are you folks going to hypercriticize the proposed solutions? Be quiet and hope they go away? What's the next move?


Well, for starters, seeing how you behave in any subsequent posts you might contribute to in so far as the rest of us figuring out if you any credibilty - not that you didn't start out of the gate with a huge deficit of the stuff.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

The information is there

Postby stopbmorg » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:20 am

For you to look at.

First off, and this is a leap of faith perhaps, you need to realize that allanon, RTP and stopbmorg are indeed 3 different people. For example, I can spell and form complete sentences. Allanon, though a teacher, does not represent himself well in print.

That said, we *do* want critical and constructive feedback on the proposal put forth on the www.stopburningman.org site. If some members of the BM community think it is reasonable, and certainly we think it is reasonable, then it would be worthwhile to push the issue with the LLC managers.

If the BM community does not find it reasonable, we will push for it with the LLC, BLM and anyone else who will give it some heed.

We're not going to go away. We have a stake in this as much as the BM community does. We're not disgrunted former burners. We're not people that Larry/Will/Marian somehow personally angered or offended. We actually care about the place, it's beauty, its natural and ecological value.

It is admittedly annoying though to see the mantra of LNT spread so far and wide, while at the same time the LLC itself seems to violate that mantra in many ways. And that's got to stop.
stopbmorg
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:48 am

same

Postby Zona » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:03 pm

Same trolls, different names. Pooping themselfs, and then sitting in it, don't you feel the burning. There always has to be one in every group. It's proof that abortion is not fatal.
Laika and me went on a ride.
User avatar
Zona
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:56 am
Location: San Carlos

Postby bushonk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:23 pm

why bother with a proposal for a solution to the problem? The site is stopburningman.org It seems that since the site went up, it was intended more to rally the troops behind a force to stop burningman. There was no intention (based on the content of the site) implied of fixing any of the problems that you mention. It also seems that now that that idea has not produced the intended results, you're changing the mission of stopburningman.org. I didn't care to fully believe that you had an unbiased opinion in your earliest days, nor do I believe that now. In fact, I'm pretty much done visiting the site, as you seem to update it to back up your views on this forum.
User avatar
bushonk
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:24 am
Location: NW of the burn

Postby Isotopia » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:55 pm

It's proof that abortion is not fatal.


Also an excellent example of why the mother's of some animals eat their young.
User avatar
Isotopia
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 am

Postby allanon2 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:04 pm

bushonk wrote:why bother with a proposal for a solution to the problem? The site is stopburningman.org It seems that since the site went up, it was intended more to rally the troops behind a force to stop burningman. There was no intention (based on the content of the site) implied of fixing any of the problems that you mention. It also seems that now that that idea has not produced the intended results, you're changing the mission of stopburningman.org. I didn't care to fully believe that you had an unbiased opinion in your earliest days, nor do I believe that now. In fact, I'm pretty much done visiting the site, as you seem to update it to back up your views on this forum.


umm the website has solutions listed?
and it was you guys that asked for proofto be submitted
and if you want proff does that not mean thta we have to show it?
and that means updatign the website?

sigh
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Postby Isotopia » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:56 pm

and if you want proff does that not mean thta we have to show it?


No. Absolutely not.

You're required to do nothing.

But doing nothing substantive in the way of facts (v. unfounded opinions) insures your credibility will continue to hover somewhere below that of roach shit on a kitchen floor.
User avatar
Isotopia
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 am

Postby KellY » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:32 pm

To all the stopburningman people, sock puppets, and/or multiple personalities:

The insane number of threads this whole discussion is happening on seems both detrimental to the board and the topic itself, with all the cross-postings, redundant questions, etc. If you are actually concerned about the environmental impact of the event and not just trying to fuck with our community, please pick one thread to carry on the discussion, or start a single new one, and let's proceed from there. Any post aside from saying "Let's go to this thread" will look suspiciously troll-like, I am thinking.

To everyone else on the board, I respectfully ask that you don't post on any more of these threads until a single one is chosen. I'm sorry about the multiple cross postings and if this seems high-handed. I suppose I could have asked the moderators to intervene, but you know...radical self-reliance and all that.
"Of what use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings?" -Diogenes
User avatar
KellY
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:32 am

lets go here

Postby allanon2 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:13 pm

allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

What do you do?

Postby Rider » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:16 am

allanon2:
What is your connection to the playa? What do you do on the playa?
Rider
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:56 am

Postby technopatra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:51 am

Rider, this thread was moved to viewtopic.php?t=2771&highlight=

thx.
technopatra
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:04 pm
Location: SF, CA


Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest