has anyone seen this website?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:58 pm

Alpha wrote:I'm no Bush apologist but I'm not sure we can just lay this at that despicable family's feet.

sure we can. for 4 generations of Bush. since Hitler and before. dont forget, Kennedy was shot in Texas.

You also have the history of Poindexter, Powell and Kissenger. they all are linked.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:00 pm

The CIA has had a bad drug habit almost from the get-go. The original funding of LSD research in this country was from them back in the 60s, maybe even late 50s. They funded Marijuana research as well. In fact, they are probably more responcible for popularizing illicit drugs in this country than--
Than--
Well, there's no comparable organization. Certainly they introduced a lot of people to a lot of substances, by funding research they got it to a lot of university intellectuals who might never otherwise have gone down to gritty neighborhoods and sampled. There is a certain shamelessness to their continued experimentation with other people's minds.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby angrykittie25 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:39 pm

Today I ran across an anti-burning man web publishing by a christian reporter. I like to read things like this because it reminds me how closed minded many in society are and how riddiculous their perceptions are. IMO I thought this site to be very humorous and so very exaggerated that it nearly brought me to tears (laughing that is). Just wondering what anyone else thought of it. Normally I wouldn't post a web site that is trying to undermine burning man, but it is so silly that I don't think they would ever have a leg to stand on.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/970741/posts

P.S I see nothing wrong with Christians in general, but this guy just seemed a little off his rocker.
angrykittie25

Postby Alpha » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:47 pm

That guy's got it all wrong.. Burning Man lasts eight days, not four.
Alpha

Postby pheonixphire000 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:49 pm

that's what I was thinking, :lol:
pheonixphire000

Postby III » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:19 am

it wasn't always 8 days. that was written about the '96 event, i believe.
III

Postby III » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:56 am

(probably written in '99, but the references are to '96...)
III

Postby stuart » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:28 pm

I just read that entire thread.

crissakes! and I thought the eplaya was self-righteous and contentious.
stuart

Postby juanicoheal » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:38 pm

Thomas Horn 'Burning Man hell' wrote:The Burning Man is a no-holds-barred New Age "Woodstock" style festival, where neo-pagans, wiccans, transvestitie entertainers, and back-slidden Christians go to trance, perform rituals, burn sacrifices to pagan gods and goddesses, dance in the nude, engage in sex, and otherwise "express" themselves and become one with Gaia.

Attendees set up theme camps such as "Lost Vegas," "Motel 666," and "Crucifixion With a Celebrity" (where one can purchase a picture of a crucified obese Elvis). Hamburgers are sold by devil-worshippers at the McSatan cafe, and T-shirts are available that proudly proclaim, "Praise The Whore."

The Burning Man itself is a 40-foot-high effigy of the "Spirit Cave Man" (sacred to local Indians and New Agers) which is torched, together with just about everything else, at the close of the festivities.

WOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!!
juanicoheal

Postby rodent » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:57 pm

Hey!! wasn't someone gonna lock this thread?

I mean... people are having fun now... STOP IT QUICK!!!

:)
(smiley, for the humor impaired)
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby juanicoheal » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:13 pm

Hey!! wasn't someone gonna lock this thread?

Why?

- oo sorry, I see your smiley now....
juanicoheal

Previous

Return to Open Discussion