The reversal of eminent domain

All things outside of Burning Man.

The reversal of eminent domain

Postby Archantael » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:13 am

Over the past several days, some of the postings have turned into a personal battle ground for a few of the members of the board of who the real trolls are etc and who is trying to take the board away from the general public for the use of a private few.

While trying to establish the rules and guidelines of people posting, one must think of the fore fathers of our constitution and how they drew upon the theories of Locke, Hobbs, and Montesquie and what they believed created an equal and just society.

We must have rules and guidelines in place to keep chaos from free reign. I feel it is imperative that we have some rules and regulations in place and some of the members have come up with some great guidelines
I think we should implement them to protect each other against abusive postings and from the trolls trying to create havoc and chaos on the board
Archantael

Postby Zane5100 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:08 pm

Maybe people should relax and let go of their desire to have something conform to their personal vision.

shit, now I'm guilty that... damn
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Postby Zane5100 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:21 pm

On a more serious note,

Having been guilty of degenerating into an ugly, self-destructive flame with someone else on this board, I feel I have a perspective on this.

It started over nothing, did not go anywhere, and ended up with me getting into a real bind as my emotions ran away with themselves.

The emotion expended wasn't worth it and nothing was "won."

When I saw what I did to myself, and that nothing was accomplished, I quit participating in flames. An arguement or discussion is fine and healthy in most cases, but when you're having to invest your ego and sense of self into the exchange, that's when it starts to get real unhealthy. If a discussion degenerates into a flame, you don't have to continue (and yes, that's much easier said than done).

Long story short, if you are needing to "punish someone" or "prove you're right" or "prove them wrong," then you might want to take a hard look as to why it's so important for you to do so.

That's all I've got to say about it.
Zane5100

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:27 pm

If anyone is interested in contributing to a discussion about the formation of comminuty guidelines for the eplaya, there is a thread right now in the "Policis & Our Community" section:

viewtopic.php?t=2519
Ivy

Postby Zane5100 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:45 pm

Ah,... I just slipped into a very cynical frame of mind.

The admin(s) can stomp on anyone they wish whenever they want to and they don't have to clear it with or justify it to the "community."

Maybe a few lightning bolts from the blue will get some attention.
Zane5100

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:55 pm

No, Zane, I thought you had a good response, it was just my feeble attempt to keep the conversations together instead of having 14 separate discussions in 12 different places about it. My li'l feeble mind has trouble keeping track sometimes.
Ivy

Postby Zane5100 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:00 pm

Ivy wrote:No, Zane, I thought you had a good response, it was just my feeble attempt to keep the conversations together instead of having 14 separate discussions in 12 different places about it. My li'l feeble mind has trouble keeping track sometimes.

No worries--I got your intent. You're cool, as always... I went over to the other thread and spread my vitriol over there.

I'm just in a really pissy state of mind right now with all of this negativity.
Zane5100

Postby SED » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:09 pm

I'm a banana.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Chai Guy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:55 pm

Long story short, if you are needing to "punish someone" or "prove you're right" or "prove them wrong," then you might want to take a hard look as to why it's so important for you to do so.

Think of how many wars we could prevent by following these simple instructions.

Think of the kids we could raise by following these simple instructions.

Think of the relationships we could have by following these simple instructions.

You might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
Chai Guy

Postby gizray » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:09 pm

i love eminent domain. those guys rock........
gizray

It's big, it's yellow, and it's in my pants...

Postby Last Real Burner » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:51 pm

Last Real Burner

Postby Archantael » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:27 pm

edit :oops:
Last edited by Archantael on Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archantael

Postby Archantael » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:39 pm

edit :oops:
Last edited by Archantael on Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Archantael

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:49 pm

He's got an email address, use it to speak for yourself.
Ivy

Postby Isotopia » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:56 pm

The emotion expended wasn't worth it and nothing was "won."

You just need a little more practice.
Isotopia

Postby Araceli » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:41 pm

Archantael wrote::?

I guess a vast amount of the intellectual converstations departed with
K II, when he left for the great beyond. I miss him already. K where are you, we miss you, and need your great intellect to help these poor sap suckers see the light of day.

Archantael, K is gone. To be specific he's at one of these two places:
http://www.northamericantungsten.com/ & http://ekati.bhpbilliton.com/index.asp
He left for Calgary and then Yellowknife this morning. And he could be gone a week, a month, who the hell knows, and who cares. He needed a break, the poor guy was frazzled to no end and then he got obsessed with the eplaya which I don't understand that at all. Most of his posts seemed to involve just a core group of people at the end who drove him crazy. That's why I came on here in the first place; I wanted to understand what was driving him psychotic. And I still don't understand. It's just a bunch of people talking about an event in the desert. Whoopee. This stuff consumed him. And especially the people on this board which again I don't see the special attraction.

Anyway he's gone, and since I haven't figured it out either why bother? Move on.
Araceli

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:46 pm

Again, I not-so-humbly suggest that email addresses are indeed a wonderful invention.
Ivy

Postby Araceli » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:50 pm

Sorry Ivy but I got sick of the questions. Now everybody knows so maybe the questions will stop. K has critics but seems to have strong support if my inbox is any indication.
Araceli

Postby Booker » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:53 pm

Booker

Postby Archantael » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:56 pm

blank
Last edited by Archantael on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Archantael

Postby III » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:59 pm

well, it's just a bunch of people on a fucking, camping, trip.
III

Postby Archantael » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:02 pm

one rather large camping trip with alot of fun involved.
Archantael

Postby Archantael » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:03 pm

All right, who the hell am I kidding it is according to III a large fucking campiing trip.
Archantael

Postby III » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:19 pm

>according to III

bob actually.

i'm just a parrot.
III

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:47 pm

Sorry Ivy but I got sick of the questions. Now everybody knows so maybe the questions will stop. K has critics but seems to have strong support if my inbox is any indication.

The questions appear to have been directed to you, I assume in PM or email, since I don't recall seeing an overabunance of them in the public forums. I think replying to them in like would have been more appropriate.
Ivy

Re: The reversal of eminent domain

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:06 pm

One might expect more in the way of personal introduction prior to getting fucked.

This is not a society. It's an art festival. I've been an art fag on the art crew for seven odd years, btw.

Black Rock City, LLC puts on the art festival. It's governing board operates out of a leased office loft in San Francisco, overlooking a once-thriving harbor and rail shipping district currently undergoing redevelopment. There, in a bright room hogging too much of the west-side window space, is the eplaya. Andie can probably see it from her doorway.

So... what was this about eminent domain? We have tenant laws here, you know.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby actiongrl » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:31 pm

Yeah, the tech room gets all the good sunsets.
actiongrl

Postby Araceli » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:48 pm

Ivy, I now appoint you Miss Netiquette. I'm sorry I took the easy way out but I was just as annoyed with the private questions as you were with my post. So it's done, you made a public spectacle out of it. Let's move on.
Araceli

Postby antron » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:51 pm

Araceli wrote:Ivy, I now appoint you Miss Netiquette. I'm sorry I took the easy way out but I was just as annoyed with the private questions as you were with my post. So it's done, you made a public spectacle out of it. Let's move on.

i guess you told her, then, didn't you.
hmph.
antron

Postby Araceli » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:23 am

I didn't want to tell her anything but the questions had to cease. Ivy was just being herself from what I gather and I was wrong to cop an attitude.
Araceli

Next

Return to Open Discussion