Why won't BMORG address Burning Man's rape problem?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Why won't BMORG address Burning Man's rape problem?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:22 pm

Every year, more and more women are raped and sexually assaulted at Burning Man. Yet BMORG does nothing to address the problem. Couldn't they at least print some warnings about the problem in their marketing materials or on the Burning Man Web site? Couldn't they put the problem on the agenda at the upcoming "town meeting"? Apparently, they would prefer to sweep it under the carpet--and you people call ME sexist!?

Why does Bush spend a billion a week on war?

Postby bgirl » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:47 pm

Your transparent anger is REALLY sad and really redundant, almost manic.You act like you are a dog chasing your tail,with no idea how to stop.You need to be empowered ,willsmallpenisroger.If you feel so strongly about the various issues you posted,why not talk to the people that can do something about it,BMORG?I mean really ,take your thoughts and let the BM people know what you think.You seem to be teaming with ideas on how things should be run at BM.Combined with your never ending passion for these issues, you could be an invalueable assest to the ORG.(?)As I replied to you a month ago or so,why not set up a rape crisis center in or near center camp and educate the masses.Why not write a article about rape at BM or something,and have it published in piss clear,for fucks sake... just do something other than bitch silly dick!
bgirl

Postby bgirl » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:57 pm

:!:
bgirl

Postby madmatt » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:14 am

PLONK
madmatt

What rape problem?

Postby stopbmorg » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:21 pm

WSPR - How do you know there is a rape problem? Do you have reports, information (other than anecdotal) or other data to suppor that there is a problem? I'd sure like to know about it myself.
stopbmorg

Postby Badger » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:18 pm

Socks ar just a chattin' away today folks - aren't they?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Socks filled with quarters hurt...

Postby stopbmorg » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:25 am

and so does the truth.

www.stopburningman.org

More to come. Like I said, 1100 pages of FOIA documents take a while to dig through, photos take time to scan and information needs to be gathered. But there are some preliminary photos to start things off, at least.
stopbmorg

Postby glam_daddy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:15 am

prunes are neat
glam_daddy

Return to Open Discussion