Has the IRS ever investigated Burning Man?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Has the IRS ever investigated Burning Man?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:45 pm

I would, if I were them. I really doubt shady characters like Larry and his associates would declare, for example, cash that was generated by ticket sales at the gate. Should I call the IRS and tell them of my suspicions? What do you guys think?

Postby III » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:53 pm

>What do you guys think?

a little bit of reading with only a moderate attempt at comprehension should probably make that more than clear.
III

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:06 pm

[quote="III"]>What do you guys think?

a little bit of reading with only a moderate attempt at comprehension should probably make that more than clear.[/quote]

Good one! Touche!

Postby Kinetic II » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:02 pm

Post pulled....I know my message was read, and there's no point in leaving it up anymore.
Last edited by Kinetic II on Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinetic II

Re: Has the IRS ever investigated Burning Man?

Postby SED » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:03 pm

WillSmallPenisRoger wrote:I would, if I were them. I really doubt shady characters like Larry and his associates would declare, for example, cash that was generated by ticket sales at the gate. Should I call the IRS and tell them of my suspicions? What do you guys think?

Do that. But first post your SS number and tax returns for the past five years, along with your proof of citizenship. While you're at it, fuckface, have your chromosomes checked for a miscount.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:04 am

"Tip jar" almost rhymes with "Hitler", he Goebbeled.
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby BurningManRocks » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:15 am

I hope the IRS doesn't investigate Burning Man. I'd hate to think of poor Larry losing all his money and going to jail.
BurningManRocks

Postby Kinetic II » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:23 am

Trolls and sockpuppets galore. Will this zoo ever end? The threads get pushed to the bottom and along comes a sock and pushes the shit right back up again. Thanks a hell of a lot, BM Rocks.
Kinetic II

Postby BurningManRocks » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:26 am

Kinetic II wrote:Trolls and sockpuppets galore. Will this zoo ever end? The threads get pushed to the bottom and along comes a sock and pushes the shit right back up again. Thanks a hell of a lot, BM Rocks.

I don't like WSPR either. But I think he wins unless we answer him and show him for the fool that he is. We can't let his crap go unanswered.
BurningManRocks

Postby Kinetic II » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:33 am

So now you've done it. Later on today he's going to come back and flood the board with more respones. A few of us, mainly the Last Real Burner came in and moved older threads up by posting to cover his stuff up. Now your responses brought it all back to the top. He gets more attention and the cycle continues.

I know it's tempting to respond...you have no idea how many times I hit the back button. But responding no matter how good your argument is will never work. You can't win this way.

I wish you luck in trying to take him on....your gonna need it.
Kinetic II

Postby Lydia Love » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:38 am

Bet wspr and bmr are the same person. If they aren't, they might as well be.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:09 am

Why get hysterical about things beyond your control?

I'm beginning to love WillSmallPenisRoger, if only for her/his command of the tongue.
Bob

Postby ecliptic » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:15 am

I'm with Lydia. BMR is just the latest incarnation of WSPR. He's just trying to keep his own threads going.
ecliptic

Postby BurningManRocks » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:21 am

ecliptic wrote:I'm with Lydia. BMR is just the latest incarnation of WSPR. He's just trying to keep his own threads going.

Enough of your paranoia! I'm definitely not WSPR. I know that by answering him I de facto bump his threads, but so be it! Slanders like his cannot go unanswered. People will still read them if they are on the top of the board or on the bottom. It's important to refute people like him. If we don't, the public perception of Burning Man could suffer.
BurningManRocks

Postby technopatra » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:27 am

BurningManRocks wrote:
ecliptic wrote:I'm with Lydia. BMR is just the latest incarnation of WSPR. He's just trying to keep his own threads going.

Enough of your paranoia! I'm definitely not WSPR. I know that by answering him I de facto bump his threads, but so be it! Slanders like his cannot go unanswered. People will still read them if they are on the top of the board or on the bottom. It's important to refute people like him. If we don't, the public perception of Burning Man could suffer.

Quite the opposite is true. If you keep responding, you encourage his behavior by feeding his sad, bitter need for attention. If you ignore the troll, even he will eventually realize that no one's biting and find some folks to bother
technopatra

Postby Patience » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:08 pm

uh... Technopatra? You're feeding him right now.
It's not that I hate you. It's just that I'm a much better person than you.
Patience

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:32 pm

BurningManRocks wrote:
I don't like WSPR either. But I think he wins unless we answer him and show him for the fool that he is. We can't let his crap go unanswered.

Wrong!! IF you continue to respond to his posts you give him exactly what he wants.... Attention.... and NO! he doesn't win if you ingore him.... he only wins every time you give him credence by responding to his drivel....

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:44 pm

Lydia Love wrote:Bet wspr and bmr are the same person. If they aren't, they might as well be.

and after responding to it.. I looked at the date it joined.. and Ya know.. I would bet YOU are RIGHT!! they are the same.....

Geesh... that person NEEDS medication.... that many splits constitutes MPD... no wonder they post so much crap...... Ok... now that I have fed it too... :roll: do I feel stupid..

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:43 pm

technopatra wrote:....If you keep responding, you encourage his behavior by feeding his sad, bitter need for attention. If you ignore the troll, even he will eventually realize that no one's biting and find some folks to bother

Let's separate truth from fiction... er, opinion. I think these are truisms:

A troll is not a person, in the original online context. A good troll consists of one or more posts to a forum, designed in the spirit of Zen koans to change the minds of the unsuspecting. The tendency of unsuspecting users to fire off a Pavlovian response to a troll is an artifact of online discourse.

I troll, usually with the intention of being instructive, but I am not a troll.

Many people offer opinions on trolling, only proving that trolling means entirely different things to different people.

"Trolling" and "abuse of the board" are different things, unless someone unwisely defines it that way.

Canonical Burning Man trolls include "Larry's a capitalist", "smoking is banned", "the playa is closed", "the cafe hurts me", etc.

Responding to eplaya threads does not have any verifiable relationship with the mental condition or emotional state of the OP (original poster).

Likewise, responding cannot be proved to indicate anything true about the intentions, mental condition or emotional state of the responder.

Picking any thread at random, you might encounter posts containing what could be interpreted as mindless blather, kind thoughts, snide insinuations, useful information, or libelous attacks.

The decision to avoid posting to any topic on the eplaya is a personal one.

Not replying to a thread, under the current phpBB configuration, lets it drop to the bottom of the thread list.

However, any undeleted thread is part of the searchable archive.

Any thread in the archive can be bumped to the top of the thread list at any future time, by users with good, bad, or indifferent intentions.

Tolerance of blatant personal attacks reflects on the board, its users, and its owner, but only those with admin access can do anything verifiably effective about it.

Opinion:

Leaving poisonous shit in the eplaya archive stinks.

Threads or posts with titles containing what could be interpreted as blatant personal attacks on any real person, whether they are past or present LLC members or Jason from Iowa, should be deleted.

All posts posted using a login name that could also be interpreted as a blatant personal attack on some real person should be deleted.

Warning, blocking, or otherwise dealing punitively with eplaya users is a different issue.
Bob

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:22 pm

[quote="Bob"]

All posts posted using a login name that could also be interpreted as a blatant personal attack on some real person should be deleted.

[/quote]

I take it you are referring to *my* login name. But I don't see why you feel that it should be interpreted as a "blatant personal attack." Sure, I'm drawing attention to the fact that Will Roger has a small penis. But is there anything wrong with having a small penis? Penises come in all shapes and sizes, and the fact that Will Roger's comes in an especially small size is no reflection on the man himself. I may well decide, at some future point, to launch a "blatant personal attack" on him for being a world-class asshole (which, by all accounts, he is), but I would never dream of attacking him or anyone else for being genitally underendowed.

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:52 am

Guess it's all about me, WSPR.

Based on recent poling data, most of the men and discriminating women have collectively shrunk from your pen name. Can't be a good thing, can it?

How'd you get a glimpse, btw? From which angle? Was a telescope involved? JPEGs?
Bob

Postby Raheer » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:34 am

BurningManRocks wrote:

Enough of your paranoia! I'm definitely not WSPR. I know that by answering him I de facto bump his threads....

You do NOT 'de facto' bump the thread; De Facto, at least compared to you/WSPR (in other words, you...), is an intellegent individual who does not NEED to bump his own threads to validate his existance. (Not that anything really could validate your existance. You should be disqualified from the race. The Human race.)

Raheer, who has grown incredibly sick of WSPR
Politics. From the Latin poly, meaning 'many', and the Modern English ticks, meaning 'blood-sucking parasites'....
Raheer

Postby III » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:17 am

>intellegent individual who does not NEED to bump his own threads to validate his existance

empirical evidence does not bear this out.
III

Postby Raheer » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:34 am

III wrote:>intellegent individual who does not NEED to bump his own threads to validate his existance

empirical evidence does not bear this out.

Perhaps not, but he's certainly less annoying than WSPR, agreed?

Raheer
Politics. From the Latin poly, meaning 'many', and the Modern English ticks, meaning 'blood-sucking parasites'....
Raheer

Postby III » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:05 am

>less annoying than WSPR, agreed?

i can see how he would be to some people, but for me, no he's not.

(which is not in any way support for wspr - we've gotten to the point of discussing minute differences in awfulness)
III

bump-diddy-bump-bump...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:25 am

I like WSPR, it's just that he smells like pee and keeps his hands on his really small penis a lot.

crypticlly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby Kinetic II » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:57 am

wspr is actually providing a service of late. He's posting and keeping some discussions going. Otherwise this place would be dead, it was dropping off before the trolling started.
Kinetic II

Return to Open Discussion