Why can't Larry score more chicks?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Why can't Larry score more chicks?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:28 pm

You'd think with all the groupies Burning Man attracts that Larry would get more tail--and cute tail at that. Yet he ended up with that dog Marian for several years, and now that she left him for another woman, I don't think he's gotten any skirt for months. Does he get so little sex because he's physically repulsive (he is definitely hygiene-challenged, to say the least), or is it because the constant chain-smoking has messed up his circulation and left him impotent?

Postby SED » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:46 pm

If you have a problem with Larry, why not grow some balls and go fuck him up, instead of talking shit and wasting bandwidth?

Better yet, why not just fuck off yourself and let Larry, the chicks and the IRS do their own business. Asshole.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Rob the Wop » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:29 am

How do you know that WillSmallPenisRoger is not really Larry himself?
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:49 am

Rob the Wop wrote:How do you know that WillSmallPenisRoger is not really Larry himself?

Ooooh. I like that idea!
BlueBirdPoof

Postby Para » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:00 am

okay if i may sound like a dumb blonde im going to and quote me too " whos larry?"
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
" its five o clock somewhere"
" where are we going? why am i in this hand basket"
Para

Postby Kinetic II » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:18 am

Para wrote:okay if i may sound like a dumb blonde im going to and quote me too " whos larry?"

Para, your new so there's no such thing as a dumb question. In this case they are referring to the hatted one, Larry Harvey, one of the originators of BM.

Here's a link that might clear up some confusion:
http://www.burningman.com/press/myths.html
Kinetic II

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:25 am

Larry Harvey is "founder of the Burning Man Project" and head of the Limitted Liability Corperation.

the official bio:
http://www.burningman.com/whatisburning ... y_bio.html

(includes links to lectures and interviews given)

There is something of a personality cult around him, to which I don't subscribe. (I distrust personality cults.) From what I've heard (I've never met him) he doesn't seem like a pleasent person to be around. To me this is not especially controversial, as he's basically a CEO. I expect CEOs to be SOBs. I honestly don't know that the event could be held in its current form without having someone of that sort in charge. The logistics are too big.

Of course, I could just be a brainwashed knee-jerk apologist flunky, seduced by the aura of power around him, so do some poking around and come up with your own conclusions.
BlueBirdPoof

Postby III » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:43 am

larry's not really an sob.
III

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:52 am

As I said, I haven't met him.
BlueBirdPoof

Postby stuart » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:00 pm

then maybe you should not have said
stuart

Postby stuart » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:01 pm

when you do so, you feed into that 'cult' thing you dislike.
stuart

Postby quiet girl » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:56 pm

BLUE BIRD POOF: From what I've heard (I've never met him) he doesn't seem like a pleasent person to be around.

Your sources are incorrect, whomever they are. He's actually quite nice, can converse intelligently on a number of subjects, is occasionally self-deprecating and has been a gentleman in an environment where one doesn't necessarily have to be that way to survive.

This says something about his character, especially considering all of the incoherent acid casualties, unimaginative media members and frustrating/ed government officials he deals with on a regular basis.
quiet girl

Postby BurningManRocks » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:09 am

Larry's a very spiritual person. Maybe he hasn't been getting laid because he's taken a vow of celibacy or something. There's more to life than sex, you know.
BurningManRocks

Postby Para » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:07 pm

ahhh okay thanks for the info........ and verry true to the person who said there is more to life than sex
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
" its five o clock somewhere"
" where are we going? why am i in this hand basket"
Para

Return to Open Discussion