Reminder: Larry defrauded the government for years

All things outside of Burning Man.

Reminder: Larry defrauded the government for years

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:58 pm

When I first knew Larry, back in the late 80's, he was living off of disability. He claimed to have fucked his shoulder up in a motorcycle accident, but in fact there was nothing wrong with him. He was fraudulently claiming disability for years, and must have gotten tens of thousands of dollars out of the government. This is quite immoral, as the money that he got could have helped support someone who really needed it. I'm worried that he's setting a bad example to Burning Man groupies like Action Girl, who might follow their leader's example and decide they just want to live off of the state for a few years, instead of contributing to society.

So, now that he's making lots of money off of Burning Man, I think we should encourage Larry to pay back some of the disability money he fraudulently claimed--or at least to donate a substantial sum to charity.

Postby SED » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:06 pm

Of course, the government has been defrauding the rest of us for much longer. Why don't you get on their case?
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:44 am

ITYM "God".
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby BurningManRocks » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:18 am

SED wrote:Of course, the government has been defrauding the rest of us for much longer. Why don't you get on their case?

I'm a Republican too. Keep government out of our pocket books and in our bedrooms!
BurningManRocks

Return to Open Discussion