Guns, Love Em or Leave Em

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Guns, Love Em or Leave Em

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:23 pm

nice what about Walther?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby can't sit still » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 pm

This came in mail;

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011

For the last several years a company called "The Freedom Group" has been buying up American gun and ammunition manufacturers.

Some of these companies are:

Bushmaster,
Marlin,
Remington,
DPMS,
Dakota Arms and
H&R.
DPMS Panther Arms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC

Some people worry that Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. Of course, If you control the manufacturers you can decide not to sell to civilians, or, you can raise the prices to ridiculous levels or you can make the supply of guns and ammo scarce - all sorts of logjams.

What a perfect way to control America's guns!

If you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a Wall Street investment company called "Cerberus Capital Management".

"Cerberus" in the epic book "The Inferno" by Dante Alighieri, is a three-headed demon hound (from Roman mythology) that guards the Gates of Hell to prevent those damned souls who have just crossed the river Styx, from escaping back to the world.

Investor GEORGE SOROS owns Cerberus!
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 pm

behind every plot does not a Soros lurk. I'd worry about the Trilateral Commission and Bilderbergers instead.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Foxfur » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm

can't sit still wrote:
Investor GEORGE SOROS owns Cerberus!

I began to worry until I remembered what truly motivates that fat bastard. Money.
He might talk about social change but he's as greedy as they come.

Cowboyangel, I loves me that PPS.
We don't currently have a Walther in our collection. Unless you count the Umarex / Walther P99 pellet pistol...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur @ 2:45 & C

Postby ygmir » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:50 pm

my fav all time Walther:

PPK/s .380

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Bin Noddin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:03 pm

"Its Bond . . . James Bond"
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby ygmir » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Bin Noddin wrote:"Its Bond . . . James Bond"

how, could anyone go wrong emulating him?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Bin Noddin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 pm

You've got the savoir faire - might as well use it.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby gyre » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 am

http://myholysmoke.com/
http://myholysmoke.com/About.html

Planning a loved ones final arrangements can be a challenging responsibility, one you want to do with care and consideration. Allow Holy Smoke to help you create a tribute to your outdoorsman or woman like no other.

gyre

Postby gyre » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:04 pm

The slidestop release on my 9mm is almost flush to the body, but very hard to release easily.

I now have an extension welded to it about an inch long, in the shape of a comet, with the tail trailing downward toward the rear of the gun.
It is about an eighth of an inch thick from the side of the gun.

After emptying the magazine and replacing it, only a light touch with the tip of the thumb is enough to release the slide and reload the chamber.

In theory it could be a wider obstruction when drawing, but seems well worth it.

Stock design above the magazine
gyre

Postby Foxfur » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:14 pm

gyre wrote:http://myholysmoke.com/
http://myholysmoke.com/About.html

Planning a loved ones final arrangements can be a challenging responsibility, one you want to do with care and consideration. Allow Holy Smoke to help you create a tribute to your outdoorsman or woman like no other.

Ah, the venerable 105mm M2A1 (AKA M101A1) split-trail howitzer. My battallion had these when I joined up. We later switched em out for the M102. We were an airmobile unit so it made sense to have howitzers that could be air dropped with the rest of our shit. Sure beats FedEx.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby Lassen Forge » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Only problem I see with the PPK (or it's cousin, the PPK/S), is they have a cost to weight ration which is pretty steep. Of course, the trade off is you DO get what you pay for - While a little heavy, I know of a /S that will put a nice 3" at 25 group... which may be enough to make someone think twice with a rather concerted group of 38/100" holes in and about their sternum...

Sure, they're not as powerful as their parabellum cousin, or not quite the excavator as S. Colt & Co designated with their just under 1/2" bore (of which I am a rather huge fan), but for a firearm that, were we subjects of the People's Republik allowed the same rights and freedoms allowed in most other states, would fit the bill rather nicely to make a recently-ventillated thug-ugly scumball realize they picked the wrong subject to rob, rape, and/or pillage...

- - - - -

On another recent topic... Regardless of his financial desires, anyone dismissing one G. Soros's desire to bring us into a weak, unarmed subjugation under his powerful self and cronies really has ones head in the clouds. IF someone as he owns and controls firearm companies, it's almost a slam dunk that 2 things happen - One, those purchasing presently legal arms will be in his database for those who need their arms removed, and Two, if one such as he controls the firearms or ammo (or both), it will be available to only those who wish to suppress the general population, rather than support their rights and freedoms, through his supplied arms to the oppressors.

You think hard on what someone who has, as his personal mission, declared to disarm America as his pet and driven desire, taking over numerous firearms companies through a series of laddered hidden shill companies. You think REALLY hard on why he would do that. And if you think it's just for the "profit", then he's already won you over as his Subject.

- - - - -

Finally... Damn, Gyre, that IS an awful small slide stop. While it'd be good for not snagging on garments, etc, it seems as dysfunctional as is as, well, yeah. I like the mod you spoke of, seems quick and simple to fix something that would otherwise be a real PITA.

- - - - -

Safe Shooting...
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby gyre » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:10 pm

The release could actually be a lot smaller than the modification, but we can always do it over or cut it down.
It's very idiot proof now.

I like the trailing curve to it.

Next will be modifying the slide grips and cutting them up to the ejection port.
I want it operable soaked in sweat or anything else.
I want to cut them deeper and wider.
If we can get a dovetail for the milling machine, the leading edges will be undercut.
gyre

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:17 am

Yo people...check this cool little thing out....looks like what you'd carry in Resident Evil.....
cowboyangel

Postby Sail Man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Bin Noddin wrote:You've got the savoir faire - might as well use it.

Fife. Barney Fife.

Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Sail Man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:On another recent topic... Regardless of his financial desires, anyone dismissing one G. Soros's desire to bring us into a weak, unarmed subjugation under his powerful self and cronies really has ones head in the clouds. IF someone as he owns and controls firearm companies, it's almost a slam dunk that 2 things happen - One, those purchasing presently legal arms will be in his database for those who need their arms removed, and Two, if one such as he controls the firearms or ammo (or both), it will be available to only those who wish to suppress the general population, rather than support their rights and freedoms, through his supplied arms to the oppressors.

You think hard on what someone who has, as his personal mission, declared to disarm America as his pet and driven desire, taking over numerous firearms companies through a series of laddered hidden shill companies. You think REALLY hard on why he would do that. And if you think it's just for the "profit", then he's already won you over as his Subject.

Safe Shooting...

Bravo BBS.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Elderberry » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:On another recent topic... Regardless of his financial desires, anyone dismissing one G. Soros's desire to bring us into a weak, unarmed subjugation under his powerful self and cronies really has ones head in the clouds. IF someone as he owns and controls firearm companies, it's almost a slam dunk that 2 things happen - One, those purchasing presently legal arms will be in his database for those who need their arms removed, and Two, if one such as he controls the firearms or ammo (or both), it will be available to only those who wish to suppress the general population, rather than support their rights and freedoms, through his supplied arms to the oppressors.
Safe Shooting...

Do you have any links of quotes by him to support this?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Foxfur » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote: One, those purchasing presently legal arms will be in his database for those who need their arms removed...

When I was a licensed federal firearms dealer in the mid 1990's, I maintained, as required by law, a bound book containing the BATF form 4473's of all purchases of firearms that I sold. These contain the firearm's serial number, the purchaser's address, and their SSN.
Federal law mandated that I keep this bound book for a period of no less than 20 years from the date of expiry of my license.
You can imagine how devastated I was when I realized that I had just thrown it into a raging burn barrel while burning sensitive documents during a change of address. The fire was simply too hot to reach in and remove the book. I'm sorry.

For a good example, fictional, of the use of these forms to track down firearms owners for the purposes of firearms confiscation, watch Red Dawn, wherein director John Milius portrays the use of the forms by hostile foreign occupiers to facilitate this end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_4473

This same strategy will be employed by our domestic authorities toward the same end should the need ever arise.
I have talked to numerous licensees and found that they could very well make the same mistake should this scenario ever present itself.
That makes me sleep a bit easier.
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:43 am

yeah, "Red Dawn" in that respect, was an eye opener, way back then..........
problem is, and we all know it:
"if they want ya, they're gonna get ya".......it won't matter who's burned what.
Most of us, have bought weapons, from varying sources, over the years, and, there will be a data base related.
Here in PRC, the DOJ has records of most all handgun purchases and a lot of long gun.
Once, a friend in the sheriffs dept. checked, just for fun, to see what came up under my name..........dang....a list of weapons, way, way back, and, numbers unreal. I had not thought of the fact, that, they don't necessarily remove a gun from "your list" when you sell it.......especially if done prior to the "registration" regulations.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:55 am

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, as you all know, but seeing the police reaction to the recent OWS peaceful protests has certainly given me cause for concern. Someone here posted a video of the armed protestors at an OWS event and I was surprised at the range of emotions watching that had for me. I can't help but wonder if those open carry guys were at the Oakland OWS event what the outcome might have been. Would the police used force against armed protesters? Would they have done nothing and let the protesters alone? I hope were not moving to the point of having it tested.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 am

jkisha wrote:I'm not big on conspiracy theories, as you all know, but seeing the police reaction to the recent OWS peaceful protests has certainly given me cause for concern. Someone here posted a video of the armed protestors at an OWS event and I was surprised at the range of emotions watching that had for me. I can't help but wonder if those open carry guys were at the Oakland OWS event what the outcome might have been. Would the police used force against armed protesters? Would they have done nothing and let the protesters alone? I hope were not moving to the point of having it tested.

there's a saying, I may butcher it, but, the meaning applies, I think:

The difference, between oppression and freedom, is an armed populace

I can see, a direct correlation, JK, in your observations.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Foxfur » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:04 am

red_dawn_ObtainForm4473.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:37 pm

jkisha wrote:I'm not big on conspiracy theories, as you all know, but seeing the police reaction to the recent OWS peaceful protests has certainly given me cause for concern. Someone here posted a video of the armed protestors at an OWS event and I was surprised at the range of emotions watching that had for me. I can't help but wonder if those open carry guys were at the Oakland OWS event what the outcome might have been. Would the police used force against armed protesters? Would they have done nothing and let the protesters alone? I hope were not moving to the point of having it tested.

It's mostly always the state- police, National Guard, company goons, including private contractors like XE who do the violence, the shooting and the killing.
Sometimes they just do it themselves dressed as protesters. Nice to know how to use firearms and more importantly, know tactics and strategies.
cowboyangel

Postby gyre » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm

from a newsletter

Today Wisconsin's new concealed carry statute went into effect.
We'd like to welcome Wisconsin into the Free World.
As of today, a Tennessee carry permit is valid in Wisconsin.

Illinois is now the only state in the US with no legal provision for civilian self defense.
gyre

Postby Foxfur » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Don't forget California...
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby gyre » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:56 pm

As I understand it, the law allows carry in most places in california.
That can amount to a defacto prohibition though, as it used to, here.

I was shocked to find I would have no problem getting a permit in Massachusetts, but that may be due to knowing the right people, or just the right area.

I know someone in b hills with plenty of clout, that still can't get a permit there.
They have a gun collection over the state line.

My understanding is that in rural counties, it depends on the sheriff.
gyre

Postby gyre » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:02 am

Do you carry when trick-or-treating?

For background, this happened in an upscale suburb outside of the city.

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/F ... FekQA.cspx

MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - A vicious dog attack. Gunfire. Emergency surgery. Not such a happy Halloween for 9-year-old Chloe Mintz. But her family has high praise for the off-duty Memphis Police officer who saved her life.

Chloe was mauled by a German Shepherd while trick-or-treating at a home on Heather Leigh Lane in Cordova. The animal, a former police K-9 trained to take down and subdue a grown man, knocked its owner off her feet as it bolted from the backyard, through the entire length of the house, out the front door and into a group of kids.

The dog latched on to Chloe, her right arm and leg no match for the dog's powerful jaws.

"My daughter weighs 60 pounds," says Jay Mintz, Chloe's father, "and the dog weighs 120 pounds. I couldn't believe what I saw. The dog had gone into her arm, all the way through to the bone."

Luckily, says Mintz, an off-duty cop and his son were trick-or-treating with Chloe's group.

"The officer saw what was happening," says Mintz, "and jumped in to pull the dog off my child, at which point the dog bit him."

Mintz says that's when the cop pulled out a gun and shot the dog.

Chloe, her skeleton costume covered in blood, her limbs dotted with deep puncture wounds, her bones broken by the strength of the dog's bite, was rushed into emergency surgery. A plastic surgeon carefully stitched her up.

Her mother also needed medical attention. She tripped on some steps during the chaos and cut her knee and chin, requiring stitches.

Halloween 2011 proved to be traumatizing for the Mintz family, but Jay Mintz knows the outcome could have been deadly, if not for the quick thinking of a family friend who happened to be carrying a gun.

"I want to say this about that officer," Mintz tells abc24.com, "if that officer had not been there, every doctor I talked to last night said things would have been tremendously worse for my child."

The dog was taken to animal services and eventually put down. Memphis Police haven't charged the dog's owner with any crime. But the off-duty cop who proved to be a hero, may face disciplinary action because the weapon he used wasn't his department issued gun.

Mintz hopes the top brass at the MPD reward the officer's actions with praise, not a suspension.

"I asked him why he was carrying a gun if he was off-duty," Mintz tells abc24.com. "He told me, you just never know when you'll need it. This incident made me realize all it takes is an instant for something to happen."

Chloe was released from the hospital, and late Tuesday was back at home recuperating from her injuries.
gyre

Paintball Gun? Seriously?

Postby gyre » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:11 am

A 20-year-old man was shot after a dispute in the parking lot of a strip mall in the 1600 block of Whitten Road on Tuesday night.

The incident happened just after 9 p.m., according to the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. Two groups of people started arguing in the parking lot, and then someone started shooting a paintball gun, sheriff's spokesman Chip Washington said.

That escalated to shots fired from a real gun, and the victim was grazed in the head. He was in stable condition late Tuesday.

It's still too early to know what happened here, except that we now know a small calibre round will go right through a paintball helmet.
gyre

Genius At Work

Postby gyre » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 pm

We've had quite a few pizza delivery folks robbed and killed here, two killed in the last two years.
We even had a security guard shot point blank in the head recently.

Last night a pizza guy went to a home which turned out to be vacant.
Someone stepped out of the bushes holding a gun, asked what he was doing there.
When he said pizza, the robber told him to turn over his money.

The robber was shot three times.
The delivery guy is unhurt.
The 18 year old was found hiding at home across the street.
Critical condition with charges pending.
gyre

Re: Genius At Work

Postby BBadger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:20 pm

gyre wrote:Last night a pizza guy went to a home which turned out to be vacant.
Someone stepped out of the bushes holding a gun, asked what he was doing there.
When he said pizza, the robber told him to turn over his money.

The robber was shot three times.
The delivery guy is unhurt.
The 18 year old was found hiding at home across the street.
Critical condition with charges pending.

OWNED. Though the delivery guy should've finished the job. Dead criminals can't sue.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion