Hey all, also, Looking for a band for a wedding

All things outside of Burning Man.

Hey all, also, Looking for a band for a wedding

Postby AuldAne » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:11 pm

Hello everyone. It's been quite a while since I've posted, and I hope everyone is doing well. I'm pleased to see that the political and a little philosophical debate still rages on here on the eplaya. I know some of you don't like it, but I find the range of attitudes and approaches so fascinating.

However, I come for another purpose. I'm going to be getting married in April, and we're looking for a band. I'm looking for a more traditional style than usually found at BM, but we thought it would be doubleplus cool if they were a BM related group, even if it be through a degree of separation or two.

My aim stylistically is for a range from big band swing to funk. For the first, Count Basie and Benny Goodman are in our thoughts more than Sinatra, for the second probably more James Brown than Parliament. But of course we're flexible.

It will be located in Felton, CA, about 40 minutes south of San Jose. Anyone know of anything that might remotely fit the bill? I welcome input or insight from you all, friends old and new. Feel free to contact my email, auldane@cruzio.com.

PS Casnimot, Stu, and Zane, I have something for you. Email me and ye shall recieve.

PPS forgive the post, I know that there is an appropriate place for such requests but I figured I had other things to say too...
[A man] would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
AuldAne

Return to Open Discussion