(de)contextualizing schwarzenegger

All things outside of Burning Man.

(de)contextualizing schwarzenegger

Postby drowned_saved » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:40 pm

i think richard riordan, california's newly appointed education secretary, put it best at today's inaugural festivities...on the qualities our new governor brings with him to the office (and the quotation is accurate): "whatever he touches, he does."

credit the new adminstration with honesty, i guess...you can't ask for more than this out of the gate.
drowned_saved

Postby Patience » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:54 pm

Remind me to not get within arm's length of him.
It's not that I hate you. It's just that I'm a much better person than you.
Patience

Postby drowned_saved » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:57 pm

nipsey should know what he's up against.
drowned_saved

Postby Kinetic II » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:29 pm

I had no idea he had 4 kids. The Washington Post had a pic of all 6 of them splashed on their website. Obviously he had no problem telling Maria "I'll be back". We know he kept his word 4x at least.

Maybe all those steroids left something there...he had 4 kids...he might have a small chunk of working brain left.

I still think he's in for a very rude awakening and he won't get hardly anything he wants.
Kinetic II

Schwartzenmarraige

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:37 pm

Someone told me of an interview with a woman who had been interviewed by Maria Schriver about being raped. Apparently after the Schriver interview (or during a commercial) Maria told her how brave she had been to tell her boyfriend (who was apparently totally supportive) because if she (Maria) had been raped her husband would view her as damaged goods and wouldn't stand by her.
I don't know if he expects the women he gropes in elevators to be thrown out by their paramours and husbands, but really, really creepy if he'd do the same.
BlueBirdPoof

Postby TawnyGnosis » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:38 pm

Blue Bird prof, do you have the article that said that? I'd like to read it.

If the Governator has sexually harassed so many women, and his position in the state is a job, what job allows people to act this way? If someone else is likely to lose their job because of this predatory behavior, than why doesn't he?

Answer: Power is everything.
Heaven's going to burn your eyes
TawnyGnosis

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:50 pm

TawnyGnosis wrote:Blue Bird prof, do you have the article that said that? I'd like to read it.

I'm afraid it was a radio. Knowing my informant I'd guess Pacifica http://www.pacifica.org/
I did a search in the archives and came up with this--I don't have audio on this computer, so I can't check for sure, but this looks right.
http://pacifica.legalinformationmanagem ... 0&FG=0&QS=

(Democracy Now, August 29, 2003)

I was elsewhere when that was broadcast. . .
BlueBirdPoof

Postby TawnyGnosis » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:13 pm

Ahhh good ol' Pacifica. Yeah I listen to way too much Pacifica for my good, I think it makes me more paranoid than I would be if I didn't listen to it.
Heaven's going to burn your eyes
TawnyGnosis

Return to Open Discussion