For some people being nice is....

All things outside of Burning Man.

For some people being nice is....

Postby DE FACTO » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:16 pm

For some people being nice is just too painful. and others beign intelligent looses it's fun.

I posted a nice (or as nice as possible) post to try to not just be nice but have those that are having a tough time with my artistic way of being a chance to resolve thier issues with an intelligent soulution. To give you an idea what I posted I will let you judge for your self:

Mr. No - Nov 07 2003, 10:08PM (edit)
I'm sorry that you felt that way after my response to your PM.

One thing for sure is that when posting on the internet weather it be email, chat or bbs's they don't read as they are truly ment to be. your message was seriously taken into consideration before it was returned with answer to you. As well as the PM from precip and many others.

One thing is for sure.

Myself and many others are using the eplaya not just for technical resorces. We use it to connect with others.
For planning events with other burners and sevral other reasons, in addition to to having some fun I find that (IMHO) the 'quote' funtion does make a real diffrence and cuts down on any misunderstandings.

You guys should try it on me sometimes. You'd be suprised at what the response will be most of the time.
It does'nt take but a few clicks to do. Hey I do it.

I've respected you guys by never posting here before and would like to keep it that way. (never posting here again)<Plonk> this post if you like but I think most of you guys are ok. Others never will like me and that's ok. Not everybody in the world will ever like each other. I don't expect that from any of you.
But it would be nice (good bad and ugly) if you would try the 'quote' function on me at least once. It may just make you feel better.

Mr. No.

P.s.

I won't read the response here. I like using Eplaya so if you like send me a response there. thanks

I think I've made it pretty clear myself. what do you think?

P.S. I will read the responses here. Also it's best to quote me if you really want to be or prove that you are a true smart badd ass.

:twisted: :lol:
DE FACTO

Postby Badger » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:19 am

[PLONK!]
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby III » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:27 am

i'm quite sure that being one of the people who can't stand tony puts me in damn fine company.

he's welcome to hang out with all those people who can't stand me. i'm sure they'll all get along great.
III

Shaddup n Sitdown...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:20 am

If I hear one more thread oudda youse, I swear Im gonna....

prerequestivly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Cross post: Just to make sure you get this.

Postby Patience » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:35 pm

Okay, I wasn't going to bother responding to all this shit but:

Tony: I've met you, and you seem like an okay guy. We got along just fine. But brother, you have got to be the biggest drama queen I have ever seen. Why do you have to make all your bitching wars public domain?

Please, keep your personal arguments personal. This board is so clogged up with bullshit already, it's hard to find the real discussions. Please understand that your beef with precip or anybody else is not interesting to anybody but the involved parties, and there's no need to make a thread for it.

Look man, you may not know this, but the way you post on this board has an effect on the board as a whole. It's one thing to get into a content-based argument (though I prefer discussion to argument). It's wholly another to conduct bitch-fight after bitch-fight because... i don't know why... because you think it's funny?

Anyway, I know that it takes two to tango and all, but the vast majority of the ad hominem flame wars on this board involve you, and I don't think that's a coincidence. So please, for the love of Nipsey, chill the fuck out.

That is all.

In my best Spock voice...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:41 pm

Patience running out of Patience. Fascinating. Image

trekkly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby Patience » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:52 pm

Quite to the contrary, Smith. Running out of patience would have involved a lot more expletives and less use of the word "please."
It's not that I hate you. It's just that I'm a much better person than you.
Patience

Postby Wind_Borne » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:53 pm

This ungoing struggle reminds me of Pyrrhus, or perhaps Sarajevo. No winners, just loosers.

May I suggest that an effective response your foes' jibes would be an enigmatic, Buhdda like silence.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington
Wind_Borne

Postby DE FACTO » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:15 am

III wrote:i'm quite sure that being one of the people who can't stand tony puts me in damn fine company.

he's welcome to hang out with all those people who can't stand me. i'm sure they'll all get along great.

Never said I could'nt stand you.

Also, just to let you guys know that I have'nt deserted you lovely people.
I have'nt gone and hid or leaped into a corner to cry. :lol:
I have read everything (including : http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet )

and I thought that was better than having any of the staff rewrite it.

(I'm a copy and paste kind of guy)

I'll be back in a few days. My Rasta friend came into town from Manchester and I need to spend some time with him. So I'm gonna write this as fast as I can and just hope that it makes quick sense.
(plus I'm showing him how this bbs works.....bet you don't belive me)

Tony: I've met you, and you seem like an okay guy. We got along just fine. But brother, you have got to be the biggest drama queen I have ever seen. Why do you have to make all your bitching wars public domain?

No drama here.

as far as the "Why do you have to make all your bitching wars public domain? " hey....
precipitate - Nov 07 2003, 10:35PM
Keep offa my goddamned lawn!
Good. He won't read the response here.

Digiman/De Facto/Mr. No, you are an ass. You have, as far as I've seen in all your written communications, no redeeming qualities. You are a troll of the highest degree. Please go get fucked with something very sharp and unpleasant.

Belive it or not this was placed in the public domain along with some other silly stuff. Just because I placed it here from another public domain does not make it any less private domain as it is public. It is still wrong to have done "slander" to begin with after none was directed to any indivisuals or groups by my person.

Also, you must be very young, younger than I thought, if you think you can go into someones house metaphorically speaking , eat their intellectual food, then steal their silverware and brag about it.

Lets see....are you speaking of the threads I posted and my response to III about how I enjoyed replys within?

"In this way you have enemies in all those whom you have injured in seizing that principality, and you are not able to keep those friends who put you there because of your not being able to satisfy them in the way they expected, and you cannot take strong measures against them, feeling bound to them. For, although one may be very strong in armed forces, yet in entering a province one has always need of the goodwill of the natives." In other words- a big fat <plonk> on your head.

Enimies are always abound. It's something I've learned to live with and deal with. ( I'm sure someone will have something to say about that.)

But--come to think of it-- there is another book that has been mentioned on one of the boards. It's a childrens book called Harriett the Spy I believed aimed right about at your age and grade level. Nice that it came up here as I hadnt thought of it in years. Since you so obviously exhibit the behaviours of a twleve year old perhaps you will be able to take in the lesson of what happened to Harriet when she was found out.

Insults have never been the best way to treat a "troll"

I so detest people who screw others under the auspices that they have been harmed. Not only is it evil. It lacks style.

Goes without saying since I've already said above in resopnse to the "making all your bitching wars public", the statements above were placed in the public domain along with some other silly stuff.
I never did that to anyone here.

" I dont like it that someone uses me for their marketing scheme. "

well looks like you got that info from someone that missunderstood some info that came from somewhere that was not directed to you all.

"I forgot to say that when you grow up MrD, you will learn that often those people who ended up being the most helpful in your personal edification are not always the most friendly."

So you are one edifying indivisual that is giving me your sorrel nag of harry redunding pester so called advise.
It would be really nice if the quotes were used.

As always the "Last Real Burner" has the utmost eloquent way of stating matters at hand at the best of times;

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.

"Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else. "

I'll pick up some more on this either tomorrow or monday......mabey not.

( I still don't belive you scored 120. take the test again. that sounds too low.)

P.S. it would be nice if there was a real way to find out if they all really took the test and what the real results were. I'm gonna take that test now.

Asta!
DE FACTO

Stupidity is it's own defense...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:01 am

Yeah De, I wasn't paying attention most of the time, and for some reason, my cat was just starving for attention of course. I didn't even even get to finish, I think I answered like only 30 questions. Maybe I'll take it myself later. Fortunatly, I pretty much know where I stand in the intellgence thing, at 14 it was discovered I was in the top 1% in the nation on the SAT scores, and was invited to participate in the "Gifted Students Foundation" program (100 of the top students in the country minimum IQ requirement was 120 and above) until I was 18. I wasn't the dumbest one there, if you're asking.Image

namasticly,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

Postby Sylvia » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:55 pm

You know, Tony ol' pal, you do serve a purpose. If I ever I feel like slapping some idiot around, you're always there, and always deserving.

No surpise that LA didn't work out for you. They are much less willing to suffer fools down there. But whyja hafta come here? I guess for the same reason so many others do. Here in Frisco, you can be what you are, even if you're a fuckwittted punching bag.

You're some kind of pro bottom type, aren't you?
Have a nice hot cup
of Shut the Fuck Up!
Sylvia

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:56 pm

Sylvia wrote:No surpise that LA didn't work out for you. They are much less willing to suffer fools down there.

I'm from N.Y. where most don't think too much of L.A.

An East meets west thing.

Be greatful I'm a little more tolorant than what most should expect from N.Y.ers.
They can be rather unmercyful.

(never underestimate my niceness)
DE FACTO

Postby III » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:11 pm

>They can be rather unmercyful.

i'm sure you found this out first hand.

while i was in new york, the people there seemed much more welcoming than i was interested in staying there. it's not a pretty place, i can understand why they're desperate for people to share their misery.
III

Postby Flux » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:21 pm

III wrote:while i was in new york, the people there seemed much more welcoming than i was interested in staying there. it's not a pretty place, i can understand why they're desperate for people to share their misery.

I felt much the same way when I was there. I don't think I'm well-suited for big city life, but even so I have the occasional desire to live in San Francisco, or at least close enough to get there quickly via mass transit.

New York, on the other hand, didn't tempt me in the least. It was interesting to visit, but I definitely wouldn't want to live there.

I know they're always carrying on about it being the greatest city on earth and all that, but I don't see it, myself.
Flux

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:25 pm

III wrote:>They can be rather unmercyful.

i'm sure you found this out first hand.

while i was in new york, the people there seemed much more welcoming than i was interested in staying there. it's not a pretty place, i can understand why they're desperate for people to share their misery.

Let me rephrase this. I'm A born and Raised New Yorker. I did not need to find out anything.
Everyone there is nice now. That is a new thing since 1992. even nicer since 9/11.
Mostly due to indivisuals not from N.Y.

Anyone that feels that N.Y.ers are miserable do not understand what reality is really about.

N.Y.ers seriously belive that if you can make it there you can make it anywhere. now if your looking for something for me to have found out about N.Y. that is it.
DE FACTO

Postby joel the ornery » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:50 pm

Will that incessant buzzing sound ever stop?
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:16 pm

Flux wrote:New York, on the other hand, didn't tempt me in the least. It was interesting to visit, but I definitely wouldn't want to live there.

I know they're always carrying on about it being the greatest city on earth and all that, but I don't see it, myself.

I've never actually been, but the mere hype puts me off. I'm always suspicious of too many people going on too long about how wonderful something is. I figure, mass delusion and how was the saucer ride, anyway?
BlueBirdPoof

Postby Lydia Love » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:28 pm

You know what I liked about my (very brief) visit to New York?

The third rail. Right there in the subway, the opportunity for anyone to monumentally fuck up and die with no guard rails or nothing - just a sign saying don't touch the third rail.

Seattle would *never* trust it's citizens enough to have something as hazardous as the third rail out in the open...
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Blenderhead » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:31 pm

> I'm always suspicious of too many people going on too long about how wonderful something is.

Damn straight. That's why Badger and Trey are indispensible.
Blenderhead

Postby III » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:44 pm

yeah. i think badger is wonderful...
III

Postby Isotopia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:54 pm

Aw, you guys are so sweet to that boy - even though he can be such an ass at times.
Isotopia

Postby blyslv » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:52 pm

I grew up around New York, for years it was my benchmark of what a city should be. More so then most places, it's a great place to live if you're rich, lousy if you're poor.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Patience » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:57 pm

I've visited NYC a few times. It definitely has a magic to it. In the end it's just too unfriendly for my tastes. But it sure can be a hell of a lot of fun. True, though... It'd be lousy to live there if you're poor.
It's not that I hate you. It's just that I'm a much better person than you.
Patience

Postby Jane Eric » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:59 pm

For a long time my sig line was: This IS as nice as it gets. But it's still true.
Jane Eric

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:00 pm

I never said that I wouldn't go to NYC if the opportunity arose. Well, maybe I did, but decades ago, and I don't think any of you heard.
BlueBirdPoof

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:02 pm

I went to NYC back in the 90's.

Geraldo invited me on his program.

It was cool. No freaks, pretty straight up.

Ended up hanging out with Lisa Sliwa (cool woman) who was the wife of the nerd guy who founded the Guardian Angels although I wasn't there for anything related to that...
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

nyc rocks

Postby technopatra » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:24 pm

I just went to NYC for the first time since I was kid, and I had an incredible time. I was all prepared with my mental armor, ready to duke it out with the big bad attitudes I had heard so much about. I had all my yelling-at-strangers-on-the-street snaps at the ready (my all-time fav: "Fuck you, you fucking fuck!". Had my don't-even-try-to-fuck-with-asshole stride down pat. Had my cultivated bitch-look tucked in like a shiv into my ass-kicking boots.

Imagine my surprise when I got there and everyone was nice. I mean, _really_ nice. I didn't get a lick of attitude in the entire 4 days I was there. Even people bumping into you on the street stop to say "excuse me", and when I had to ask for directions on the subway a half a dozen people helped me right away. I was totally amazed and delighted.

I was also expecting to be intimidated by the energy & bustle, but it was great. And MY GOD there are SO many single, straight guys there. Everywhere. It really was a notable change from SF. If I wasn't so rooted here with my community, I'd move to NY in a NY minute.

btw it's been my experience that LA does suffer fools gladly, but that's probably my NoCal prejudice rearing it's ugly head. The cools folks down there eventually find each other, and they all seem to end up in Gigsville.
technopatra

Postby Ivy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:26 pm

and they all seem to end up in Gigsville

*ahem*
Ivy

Postby DE FACTO » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:43 pm

Sylvia wrote:You know, Tony ol' pal, you do serve a purpose. If I ever I feel like slapping some idiot around, you're always there, and always deserving.

No surpise that LA didn't work out for you. They are much less willing to suffer fools down there. But whyja hafta come here? I guess for the same reason so many others do. Here in Frisco, you can be what you are, even if you're a fuckwittted punching bag.

You're some kind of pro bottom type, aren't you?

So now....Mr. Sylvia, looks like L.A. is looking kinda good these days.
There is absolutely no reason why anyone should joke about L.A.

Seems they can do it by themselves these days.

( hey I have friends in L.A. that say the same thing. Athough much of America can be placed in the same catagory.) :lol:
DE FACTO

Return to Open Discussion