The only reason no vending is allowed at Burning Man...

All things outside of Burning Man.

The only reason no vending is allowed at Burning Man...

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:11 pm

...is because Larry and BMORG want to make all the money themselves. If vendors were selling coffee and snacks, that would cut into the profits BMORG makes from the center cafe. If vendors were selling Burning Man t-shirts and baseball caps, that would cut into the profits BMORG makes from merchandise. If you can't see this, you are extremely naive.

Postby Jane Eric » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:17 pm

If vending of Burning Man t-shirts and baseball caps started at Burning Man I'd stop going and if you can't see why then you are extremely naive.
Jane Eric

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:19 pm

[quote="Jane Eric"]If vending of Burning Man t-shirts and baseball caps started at Burning Man I'd stop going and if you can't see why then you are extremely naive.[/quote]

No you wouldn't. You'd keep going even if the event was jointly sponsored by Chevron and Halliburton. Larry and BMORG will walk all over people like you as much as they want, and you will always let them.

Postby Jane Eric » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:22 pm

No you wouldn't. You'd keep going even if the event was jointly sponsored by Chevron and Halliburton.

Okay, I'll take the bait.

Fuck you, you fucking fuckwit. You have no idea what or what I would or would not do. Spout off all you like but you haven't a clue or you are extremely naive.
Jane Eric

Postby Jane Eric » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:23 pm

Ahh, I feel better now.
Jane Eric

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:24 pm

[quote="Jane Eric"][quote]No you wouldn't. You'd keep going even if the event was jointly sponsored by Chevron and Halliburton.[/quote]

Okay, I'll take the bait.

Fuck you, you fucking fuckwit. You have no idea what or what I would or would not do. Spout off all you like but you haven't a clue or you are extremely naive.[/quote]

But I DO know exactly what you would or would not do. Your psychological profile is just like that of most Burning Man attendees: a follower looking for a place where he or she belongs. Sorry for the hard home truths, buddy, but I'm telling you this for your own good.

Postby Lydia Love » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:24 pm

Jane, you are so *good* at that.

*applause*
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby TestesInSac » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:25 pm

WillSmallPenisRoger wrote:Larry and BMORG will walk all over people like you as much as they want, and you will always let them.

Just like we'll call you a useless, sak-o-shit troll as much as we want, and you'll always just let us.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Jane Eric » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:28 pm

But I DO know exactly what you would or would not do. Your psychological profile is just like that of most Burning Man attendees: a follower looking for a place where he or she belongs. Sorry for the hard home truths, buddy, but I'm telling you this for your own good.

DO you now, buddy? DO you really?

Heh.

Oh yeah, I forgot this part....

DO you really or are you just extremely naive?
Jane Eric

Postby Jane Eric » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:29 pm

Why is that when a troll comes along sometimes it is just impossible to put the stick down without poking it to see if something disgusting comes out of it?
Jane Eric

Postby TestesInSac » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:31 pm

Jane Eric wrote:Why is that when a troll comes along sometimes it is just impossible to put the stick down without poking it to see if something disgusting comes out of it?

Well, if you poke that stick up his ass, you may not want it back.
I am my own sock puppet.
TestesInSac

Postby Lydia Love » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:31 pm

For my own good! For my own good!

I feel so loved.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby bgirl » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:26 pm

Quote:But I DO know exactly what you would or would not do. Your psychological profile is just like that of most Burning Man attendees: a follower looking for a place where he or she belongs. Sorry for the hard home truths, buddy, but I'm telling you this for your own good.[/quote] Hey, smallmanwithapenis,sorry to burst your bubble but I do believe that most people strive to find a place,be it physical ,spiritual,emotional,etc... to belong to,experience for a time or be part of during their lifetime, you silly nitwit. Sociology,Anthropology and Psychology 100 basics , nimrod.
bgirl

Postby Kinetic II » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:37 pm

Troll Alert! I knew it was too peaceful around here.
Kinetic II

Postby sphene » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:41 pm

Hi, is this the Fuck thread?

What a fucking nimrod.
sphene

Postby rodent » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:37 pm

Ahhhhhhh... just when I thought that the eplaya was getting boring....

mmmm... flamewar... less filling... tastes great...
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby blyslv » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:50 pm

Actually he's right. I AM a follower. It's great to get that off my chest.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Flux » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:53 am

blyslv wrote:I AM a follower.

Me too! Me too! Me too!
Flux

Postby tzimisce1313 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:03 am

rodent wrote:Ahhhhhhh... just when I thought that the eplaya was getting boring....

mmmm... flamewar... less filling... tastes great...

lmfao... there's nothing better then a good ol' fashioned flame war. :wink:
tzimisce1313

Postby actiongrl » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:37 am

In my next life, I want to come back as someone who has time to spend half-cocked'ly deriding that which I do not actually understand, by casting uninformed and partially-baked aspersions into crowds of its supporters who could care less what I think. Just to see what it feels like.
actiongrl

Postby Flux » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:44 am

actiongrl wrote:In my next life, I want to come back as someone who has time to spend half-cocked'ly deriding that which I do not actually understand, by casting uninformed and partially-baked aspersions into crowds of its supporters who could care less what I think. Just to see what it feels like.

Well said, AG! I don't even have enough time to do all the shit I really, really care about! What luxury to have time to fuck with other people's experiences just for fun.
Flux

Re: The only reason no vending is allowed at Burning Man...

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:03 am

[quote="WillSmallPenisRoger"]...is because Larry and BMORG want to make all the money themselves. If vendors were selling coffee and snacks, that would cut into the profits BMORG makes from the center cafe. If vendors were selling Burning Man t-shirts and baseball caps, that would cut into the profits BMORG makes from merchandise. If you can't see this, you are extremely naive.[/quote]

If you have a captive market, why open it to competition?

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:12 am

Wow! this is good. :lol:
even though...........
DE FACTO

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:00 am

Did someone forget to give this guy his fucking gift at his last burn?
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby rodent » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:21 am

JezebelinHell wrote:Did someone forget to give this guy his fucking gift at his last burn?

Badger... it's all you...
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby Rob the Wop » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:19 am

There is no doubt in my mind that WillSmallPenisRoger and DE FACTO are one and the same. Except Will actually contributes more.

The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby Kinetic II » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:37 am

Rob the Wop wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that WillSmallPenisRoger and DE FACTO are one and the same. Except Will actually contributes more.

Uh, I don't think so. I see subtle differences in sentence structure and other tendencies that has me saying they are not the same person. Look closer, not at the message he wants to convey but at the choice of words. There are a lot of clues for the trained eye.
Kinetic II

Postby Isotopia » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:44 am

Nah, BoyWithPenisSmallerThanWill's unique perspective of things suggests he's been around for a bit. I'd guess he's a bitter, disillusioned, ex-volunteer or undercompensated DPW lame-o. Further, the continued Marian/Crimson ragging suggests either a unrequeited return of affections by one or both of the women at some point or they've always dismissed this little shithat as the spooky little loser that he undoubtedly is. Yeah, either ex-DPW or some invisible little putz who probably hung out at the HQ for a year or so doing 'volunteer' work so he could get close enough without coming on as a stalker or grovelling lap dog searching for attentions, acknowledgement or a friendly face.

This guy's been around for at least two years I think. His first post I'm betting are the one's that suggested Will was responsible for the unfortunate death that took place up near the 80 acres before the 2002 event.

Sad, sad boy.
Isotopia

Postby Jane Eric » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:56 am

WillSmallPenisRoger wrote:
WillSmallPenisRoger wrote:...is because Larry and BMORG want to make all the money themselves. If vendors were selling coffee and snacks, that would cut into the profits BMORG makes from the center cafe. If vendors were selling Burning Man t-shirts and baseball caps, that would cut into the profits BMORG makes from merchandise. If you can't see this, you are extremely naive.

If you have a captive market, why open it to competition?

hahahahahaha He's quoting himself. Oh will the entertainment value ~never~ stop??
Jane Eric

Postby Jane Eric » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:58 am

I know! I know!

It's someone who really really really really really wanted the Plonk! and s/he's out to prove why.
Jane Eric

Next

Return to Open Discussion