Booby trap wars

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:18 am

I don't actually own a video camera, but I'm trying to borrow one for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to capture some of this torment on film, and you can all laugh at my roommate. He'll be thrilled.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby rodent » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:33 am

if you pull this off (with footage that is)... then you're my new hero.
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby Don Muerto » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:47 am

Depending on the type of container they are in, you could doctor his toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner. Habanero in the toothpaste, mineral oil in the shampoo, and Nair in the conditioner bottle are some evil thoughts that come to mind.

Love the catfood/tuna trick (files that away for friend's house).

What about using a water-soluble glue to glue some stuff in place? A little elmer's glue could pin keys to counters, shoes to the porch, sunglasses closed, wallet closed, razor to stand, glasses to nighttable, etc. Soaking in warm water will dissolve the bond, but yanking free might damage one or both surfaces, so you may want to be judicious.

Since you will be replacing his alarm clock with yours, why not locate yours across his room that you have unscrewed the lightbulbs from and rearranged the furniture in. Nothing more disorienting than a klaxon driving you to stumble through an unfamiliar room in the dark.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Don Muerto

Hurling buckets at crappers

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:19 am

"My prediction; we'll see a lot of bucket-hurling at porta potties in 2004.
Let's see how long it takes for some evil bastard to figure out how to set someone up this way.
Beware the camp located right next to the crappers handing out popcorn..."

That's just fucked up wrong. I like it... I like it a lot! It's right up there with shooting off firecrackers outside the Blue Loos. Just don't mar the pottie's plastic with the bucket. I must say that's a nifty way to fuck someone's day. Oh... that was your goal wasn't it?...to make some random fellow-burner unhappy? Thanks for the heads-up.
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

lighten up francis

Postby aforceforgood » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:02 pm

It was a joke- but thanks for your post robbiedobbie, it should help clue in the retards how fucked up that would be...

Ok, now we need to come up with a punishment/retribution for bucket hurlers.
aforceforgood

Postby Raheer » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:50 am

Don Muerto wrote:Depending on the type of container they are in, you could doctor his toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner. Habanero in the toothpaste, mineral oil in the shampoo, and Nair in the conditioner bottle are some evil thoughts that come to mind.

I'm personally in favour of putting a full tube of SuperGlue in the shampoo....

And pure capsaicin oil in his toothpaste. You can pick it up at a local hot-foods store, or a western store that carries more than just clothing. (Are you familar with the Scoville food heat rating system? It's based on detectability of the heat of a food diluted in water. If it's detectable in 1litre of water, then it's rating is 10 Scoville. A jalapeno rates 100 Scoville. A habinero, 5000. Pure Capsaicin oil? A mere 525,000 Scoville. Yes, you read that right...).

And yes, I am an evil person. MU-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Raheer
Politics. From the Latin poly, meaning 'many', and the Modern English ticks, meaning 'blood-sucking parasites'....
Raheer

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:04 am

I'm not trying to KILL him, I just wanna fuck with him a little.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Skyhawk » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:33 pm

a few things come to mind..

If your friend is in any way a health nut, switch out his daily multi-vitamin with an over the counter sleeping medication, or caffiene based weight loss pill.. one way, after all the Chaos he will still be wrecked, or the other, being unused to the weight loss crap will have him vibrating in place..

but thats a little subtle..

is he a heavy sleeper? consider the merits of stapling (could be loud, but Awful strong) or epoxy-gluing the the edges of his sheets to the frame of the bed all the way around. wait till the marks asleep, creep in a pull the blankets or sheets, whatever is on top, down Tighter and as far up towards the head of the bed a possible without waking the sleeper, then secure the edges at both sides, the foot, and anywhere you can.. now when those alarms go off there will be a Big struggle.. ever woken up trapped in bed like that? hope you never do..

and a last bedtime evil.. I forget the name of that stuff.. its a high strength glue for attaching facial appliences (like fake eyebrows and rubber noses). its Not liquid latex, but youl find it right next to the liquid latex in a costume or halloween shop this time of year. comes in a little glass bottle with a tiny brush in the cap. anyway.. get this stuff and go to town.. glue fingers together? a few drops on the palm before Gently returning palm to resting on the chest etc..

<insert=evil laugh>
Skyhawk

Postby Lydia Love » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:41 pm

I forget the name of that stuff.. its a high strength glue for attaching facial appliences

Spirit Gum.

This could actually be used to glue many improbable items to the sleeping victim...

Cotton balls would be pretty funny - and spirit gum doesn't come off easily without the remover (which I think is mostly mineral oil) so neither would all the bits of cotton.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Don Muerto » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:43 pm

Oooh! Cotton balls! heh
Don Muerto

Postby mac » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:35 am

when roomate get's car place jack under rear of car and elevate ever so slightly. just enough to refuse traction.
mac

Postby JezebelinHell » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:32 am

As much fun as gluing cotton balls to my roommate sounds, it violates the rules of booby trap wars, as it is not an actual booby trap, but a prank. Booby traps must be set so that the mark activates them himself, or in someway interacts with them (the alarm clock is actually bending the rules a little). We got all diplomatic about this, after years of tormenting each other. I'd get in trouble if I broke the rules.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Rob the Wop » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:39 am

There's always shaving cream in the shoes.
The other, other white meat.
Rob the Wop

Postby JezebelinHell » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:42 am

If he owned more than one pair of shoes I'd do that, but I don't want to prevent outdoor mobility for an entire day.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Flux » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:08 am

I'm sure you've considered this, Jezebel, but I just have to point out that the payback is going to be a motherfucker!
Flux

Postby JezebelinHell » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:15 am

He's not all that creative. I usually see his booby traps coming from a mile away. Plus, he's too lazy to do anything elaborate. If he ever does nail my ass, I promise to let you guys know all about it.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Don Muerto » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:15 am

JezebelinHell wrote:I'd get in trouble if I broke the rules.

Maybe, but isn't the 'shock and awe' of a pre-emptive, unilateral, combined booby-trap/prank campaign worth it? It worked in Iraq...
Don Muerto

Postby JezebelinHell » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:20 am

But then he'd be allowed to pull non booby trap pranks on me, and I'd get toasted.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Don Muerto » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:27 am

JezebelinHell wrote:But then he'd be allowed to pull non booby trap pranks on me, and I'd get toasted.

No, you just have to keep him occupied. hyuck hyuck hyuck
Don Muerto

Postby Flux » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:29 am

JezebelinHell wrote:He's not all that creative. I usually see his booby traps coming from a mile away. Plus, he's too lazy to do anything elaborate.

What the hell is he doing in this competition, then? More balls than brains? Secretly masochistic? Keeps thinking that "one of these days..." a la Wile E. Coyote?
Flux

Postby JezebelinHell » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:35 am

We used to be a team, cause my other roommate was a whiny pussy we liked to fuck with. Then whiny pussy boy moved out, and we had to keep the booby traps going. They were way too much fun.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby III » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:46 pm

has he tried the capsicum on the sex toys trick on you yet?
III

Previous

Return to Open Discussion