Booby trap wars

All things outside of Burning Man.

Booby trap wars

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:25 am

My best friend of the last five years is moving back to Reno after spending a year in Vegas, and I'm looking to welcome him back properly. During the four years we lived together (right up until he moved away) we had ongoing booby trap wars in our apartment. From the mundane (thumb-tacking fishing line back and forth across the hallway), to the bazaar (attaching stuffed bunnies to the ceiling fan so that they smacked whoever hit the switch in the living room in the head), we kept each other on our toes. Now the poor boy does not have a very good memory due to several years of imbibing far too many illegal substances, so I doubt that he's properly prepared for how badly I'm gonna booby trap the house when he gets back. I've got a few ideas already, but you guys are all creative as hell, and I figured something like this would be right up your ally. Requirements are as follows:

Booby trap must not cause actual physical harm that could cause hospitalization or missed days of work. Minor physical harm is acceptable, but no pits with sharpened punji sticks at the bottom, or anything like that.

Trap must not cause extensive damage to property (we rent).

Trap must be easy and quick to set-up and take down, or at least disarm, as there will be several rugrats running around the house.

Must be something that can feasably be set-up by October 30th (welcome home day).

Must not be overly expensive or require any extensive carpentry skills.

I get bonus points if I make him cry or piss himself.

Here's hoping you guys can come up with some ideas I haven't. I promise to take and post pictures of the results of any booby trap ideas you give me.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby III » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:43 am

> piss himself

saran wrap across the toilet bowl (under the seat) after he goes to bed after a heavy night of drinking.

it's even funnier if he tries to throw up...
III

Postby III » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:43 am

or you could invite alice over. now *there's* a booby trap waiting to happen...
III

Postby Blenderhead » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:54 am

One for the bedroom:

1. Position a small hook in the ceiling almost directly above (and a little bit in front of, towards the feet) where his head will rest while sleeping.

2. While he is sleeping, use fishing line to suspend the most gory mask or severed-head prop that you can find from the hook, right about at waking eye-level.

3. Wait for morning.
Blenderhead

Postby rodent » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:11 am

difficult, but not impossible...

Fill one of the overhead kitchen cabinets with ping pong balls. When he opens the cabinet, AVALANCHE!!!

To do this, you may have to use a cardboard face to cover the front of the cabinet while the doors are open, with a small hole cut in it to put the balls in. When the cabinet is full, close the door and slip the cardboard cover out.

You could also use billiard balls... but you said no injuries... :(
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby Blenderhead » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:13 am

rodent wrote:difficult, but not impossible...

Fill one of the overhead kitchen cabinets with ping pong balls. When he opens the cabinet, AVALANCHE!!!

To do this, you may have to use a cardboard face to cover the front of the cabinet while the doors are open, with a small hole cut in it to put the balls in. When the cabinet is full, close the door and slip the cardboard cover out.

You could also use billiard balls... but you said no injuries... :(

HA! This one also works with medicine cabinets, if you have the kind that you can remove the shelves from.
Blenderhead

Postby Phydeau » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:41 am

III wrote:> piss himself

saran wrap across the toilet bowl (under the seat) after he goes to bed after a heavy night of drinking.

it's even funnier if he tries to throw up...

I was going to suggest that very thing, hilarious but a real mess to clean up afterwards. Advise from experience: remove the bathroom throw carpet prior.
Image Phydeau
Phydeau

Postby aforceforgood » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:52 am

You should check out your local library for books on practical jokes- that's where I got these which I tortured my little brother with for a while...

two of my favorites;

string, wound gently around the person as he sleeps from shoulder to shin, will eventually immobilize them.

This one made my bro cry out in surprise;

red koolaid in the empty space of the showerhead will make the water come out looking like blood. If he's one of those people who turns on the water to let it warm up, you might need to play around with the delivery system, maybe put the koolaid in gelatin capsules or ice that will melt in warm water, delaying the red water/blood effect. Yeah, I'm a devious mofo.
aforceforgood

Postby Raheer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:39 am

Saran wrap pulled TIGHT across a doorway at chest height. WHAM! They hit the floor....

Switching the contents of the salt shaker and the sugar bowl. (Makes for REALLY lousy tea...).

If you have the plumbing skills, fix the sink so the warm/cold directions for the faucet are backwards.

The old water bucket atop the door trick.

Tape the end of the toilet paper roll to itself so it's impossible to find the end....

Raheer
Politics. From the Latin poly, meaning 'many', and the Modern English ticks, meaning 'blood-sucking parasites'....
Raheer

Postby Don Muerto » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:01 am

Don't underestimate electronics either...

What is the volume and station of the alarm clock? Why not switch to Mariachi at high volume while the target sleeps and set it forward an hour? (This works with the car stereo too, -nothing like getting a full-volume blast of tuba oom-pa-pa when you turn the key.)

Change the greeting on the target's cell phone to read "Looking..." "No Service" or whatever the appropriate message is for their provider.

Properly configured (call-alert disabled) and hidden, a pair of two-way radios can be used to simulate a disembodied voice... "They are EVIL and must be stoppped!" Schizophrenia can be fun...

Buy some of those greeting cards that play a tune, remove the electronic package and trigger from the cards and hide them in the roomate's car and room. They are *tiny* and difficult to locate. Batteries last an annoyingly long time, and clever use of the trigger can ensure that they only sing in the presence of the target.

Do they own a computer? You can schedule a process to open up a series of funny/sick images or psuedo-hacker messages when the computer is running. My personal favorite is a fake personals ad with a picture of some toothless-git, some decidedly frightening description and a message personalized to the target. That or a plain message reading. "3|1+3 h4x0r 53z - 4ll y0ur b4s3 4r3 b3l0ng t0 us" PM me if you need help with this one.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Don Muerto

Postby Don Muerto » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:03 am

Two more for the toilet:

Upper Decker - To defecate in the upper tank, -preferably when it has time to sit and 'think' before that first flush. (You may not want to do this in your own home. For real.)

Boomer - To hurl a non-marking, handleless rubber bucket at the bathroom door when the target is crapping. You must weigh the value of small marks and/or nicks on the door vs. them "pinching off" like a bolt-cutter in the hands of a PCP freak. Leaves the victim in the uncomfortable state of being only half done, but so puckered that continuance is difficult.
Don Muerto

Postby DogBoy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:48 pm

Can you believe Don Muerto said-
Boomer - To hurl a non-marking, handleless rubber bucket at the bathroom door when the target is crapping. You must weigh the value of small marks and/or nicks on the door vs. them "pinching off" like a bolt-cutter in the hands of a PCP freak. Leaves the victim in the uncomfortable state of being only half done, but so puckered that continuance is difficult.

That is wicked.

Don Muerto, I like your style.
DogBoy

Location: Twins City, OR "The hardest place to find in Oregon"

Postby aforceforgood » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:03 pm

My prediction; we'll see a lot of bucket-hurling at porta potties in 2004.

So I'd offer the following tip for those not wanting to exit the crapper bleeding from the bunghole- (unless this is a common occurance for you anyways) leave the popcorn at home.

A rapidly constricting shpincter and razor-sharp kernals don't mix.

Let's see how long it takes for some evil bastard to figure out how to set someone up this way.

Beware the camp located right next to the crappers handing out popcorn...
aforceforgood

Postby DogBoy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:29 pm

How can I request a campsite next to a row...they always seem to park cars there.
DogBoy

Location: Twins City, OR "The hardest place to find in Oregon"

Postby Don Muerto » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:01 pm

DogBoy wrote:Don Muerto, I like your style.

You don't know the half of it, DogBoy. I'll be looking you up at your camp come '04
Don Muerto

Postby aforceforgood » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:41 pm

Ok, quick test, who else envisioned a bucket hitting a portapotty and hearing an anguished "GAAAAUGH!!" from inside, followed by someone hobbling out, maybe a trickle of blood running down their leg...

Aforceforgood's twin brother Aforceforevil- hiya!
aforceforgood

Postby ibdave » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:13 pm

[quote="Don Muerto"]Don't underestimate electronics either...

What is the volume and station of the alarm clock? Why not switch to Mariachi at high volume while the target sleeps and set it forward an hour? :twisted:
When checking out of Hotels we set the alarm for 4a.m. and loud.. A nice surprisefor the next roomies... :evil:
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby JezebelinHell » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:52 pm

Excellent...**twiddles fingers Mr. Burns style**

I will definitely be using a few of these. I've got five booby traps set for within the first hour of the poor guy waking up now. This is how his day will go:

5:00am -- Wake to really loud mariachi music playing on an alarm clock that's cleverly had the snooze and off buttons removed, and is on battery power (I'm rigging my extra alarm clock right now, gonna switch them while he's asleep).

5:05am -- Open door and get hit with about 20 pounds of confetti (or something similar). It would take too long to explain how I'm rigging this up, but I promise to post pictures.

5:15am -- Step into shower that's had a few chicken boulean cubes placed in the shower head. Spend the rest of the day smelling like chicken.

5:30am -- Step out of shower, turn on light in living room, get hit by all the flour that was heavily sprinkled on top of the ceiling fan blades (with any luck, this will happen while his hair's still wet).

6:00am -- Get out to car, find that the entire thing's been saran wrapped rather thoroughly (although this one won't work now, because he won't have a car for a little while after he gets back).

Also, something extra devious that I've always wanted to do, but I've never hated anybody enough to pull it on them:
Purchase a cheap Wal-Mart humidifier. Fill with really cheap tequila, place in your roommate's bedroom while he/she's away at work and leave it running. Turn it off and remove it an hour before they get home. By that time the stench of cheap tequila will have permeated everything they own (clothes, bed linen, furniture, books, etc). Repeat as often as desired. Note: Tequila can be replaced with any of the following. Jagermeister, sour milk, urine, Steel Reserve, patchouli.

Edited for insomnia related spelling errors
Last edited by JezebelinHell on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby rodent » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:34 am

you... are... evil...

do me a favor, remind me, every now and then, to NEVER piss you off :(
---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby Phydeau » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:57 am

depending upon how mean you are and how soundly they sleep, if you squeeze a shot of denture adhesive into their mouth it'll temporarily glue their teeth together. Don't do this to a passed out drunk, tho.
Image Phydeau
Phydeau

Postby aforceforeeevil » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:07 am

I like the cut of your jib Jezebel- have you ever considered the benefits of dating an older rich man?
I'm not really evil, I'm just misunder- ...*

Well, actually, now that I think about it, I am evil.
aforceforeeevil

Postby JezebelinHell » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:22 am

Do those benefits include a weak heart and lack of a prenuptual agreement?
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby aforceforeeevil » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:37 am

Well, actually I have no heart, and any prenuptual agreement would pertain more to the disposition of your heart and other organs should anything ... "unfortunate" ... shall we say, happen to you, more than it would financial matters...

I of course would be shattered if you were to be snatched from my loving clutches and would want to keep as much of you with me as possible.

Especially your kidneys, corneas, liver, blood, tear ducts and pancreas.
I'm not really evil, I'm just misunder- ...*

Well, actually, now that I think about it, I am evil.
aforceforeeevil

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:23 am

JezebelinHell wrote:5:15am -- Step into shower that's had a few chicken boulean cubes placed in the shower head. Spend the rest of the day smelling like chicken.

You are beautiful.
Alpha

Postby Blenderhead » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:34 am

You HAVE to rig some kind of video stream for this.

You just HAVE to.

Please?

Pretty please?
Blenderhead

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:57 am

If you can get any of it on videotape, I'll volunteer my services to make it into an MPG... :-)
Alpha

Postby Taniwha » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:23 pm

JezebelinHell wrote:I5:15am -- Step into shower that's had a few chicken boulean cubes placed in the shower head. Spend the rest of the day smelling like chicken.
5:30am -- Step out of shower, turn on light in living room, get hit by all the flour that was heavily sprinkled on top of the ceiling fan blades (with any luck, this will happen while his hair's still wet).

Mmm .... Matzo-ball soup ....
Taniwha

other pranks . . .

Postby gilligan » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:40 am

Place friends bed on toilet paper rolls, causes collapse when they jump on it . . .

Cupping! Place a 44 oz. soft drink cup inside cabinets full of water, leaning against the door so it tilts out and causes that "oops I pissed my pants" look when the mark opens the cabinet

remove all the labels from canned food, substitute cat food for the tuna, remove the labels . . .
gilligan

Postby JezebelinHell » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:11 am

Haha! When I was seven years old I switched the labels on the cat food and the tuna. Pissed my mom off something awful. I was always a little bastard.
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby Flux » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:14 am

JezebelinHell wrote:Haha! When I was seven years old I switched the labels on the cat food and the tuna. Pissed my mom off something awful. I was always a little bastard.

No shit? That's cool! You must have been a rockin' kid!
Flux

Next

Return to Open Discussion