ePlaya Thunder Dome

All things outside of Burning Man.

ePlaya Thunder Dome

Postby SED » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:51 pm

A note from your Moderators

What happens in ePlaya Thunder Dome stays in ePlaya Thunder Dome. Moderators are not responsible for breaking up fights herein. Participation in ePlaya Thunder Dome is at your own risk. Moderators & administrators will still enforce the TOS as they see fit.

The ePlaya and Burning Man are becoming less dangerous, physically and emotionally. Cops are everywhere. I decry this warming trend and am doing my part to keep it hot and dangerous here on the boards.

Ad hominem attacks are for pussies and low-rent punks. It's ideas and thoughts I threaten. No rule can govern me, and I'll only recognize the personal authority of those who know me personally.

There's a list of offenses which will bring down the lash. That's the risk. What they are only I know. That's the adventure.

I'm offering this space as a reserve area in whick I will dole out unalloyed criticism to those who think they can handle it. It's my offer to contain my nasty side to one thread, as long as those who are summoned arrive forthwith, preferably with sufficient armour. Please have all your shit together, so I can enjoy the fullness of its distruction.

If no one comes, I'll revisit the playa at large and find them myself, wherever I feel like looking.

Who's first?
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Jewel*** » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:53 am

Fuck off....
Jewel***

Postby BigCock » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:08 am

woops! wrong thread ...
BigCock

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:16 am

Jewel*** wrote:Fuck off....

. . . uh . . . ok.
SED

Postby AntiM » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:27 am

Ya know, I have the feeling you'll get more plonkers than fighters.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby pinemom » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:49 am

plonk
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby pinemom » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:11 am

woops forgot to explaine:::

If I need someone to belittle me,

I have "friends" I hold at a arms distance...for the simple reason that all they ever did was point out the wrong in you, even if it was a mirror they were looking at when they did it.

I have cynicle and hypocritical family members, that walk on this earth thinking their shit dont stick, but are waiting on tense laurels just waiting for someone to make a error in judgement so they can blast whatever shred of remorse for said action right through the ceiling. But always keeping their Skeletons well hidden.

I have the IRS to audit me, for no reason at all, just a drop in the hat they called it...and screw my case up so bad I havent received a refund for 8 years!!! $28,000.00 Im now owed!

I have X-husbands who I gave my life to, my love to,stayed completely faithful to,gave my very soul to, that I beared their children, that when the divorce's came, they fought me tooth and nail for custody of said children...and when I won custody, I drove the children back in forth(they didnt have transportation) so they could have equal time with their fathers...only to have the fathers, move to Not have pay the measly $200. a month in child support(which I never raised!)...for yrs. Forcing me to raise my girls by myself!!!
Screw the money, what pissed me off was their dads were to busy now to spend time with them! then why did they make us spend their college money on fighting for custody???

I have had wonderful jobs that I loved and made fantastic money at, only to have the owners daughter come in and take my job, and cut me down to 2 days a week, just to get me to quit.Knowing I would cause I couldnt support my family.

I have MY own skeletons in the closet...difference IS.....I take them out a periodically DANCE with them! Facing ones short-comings is the best therapy to make them more understandable, more realistically dealt with!

If it wasnt for my shortcomings...I would be Normal...and I really dont think I would like that....NO, I know I wouldnt like that not one tiny bit!

So My question to you my dear friend...
(meant with utmost respect!!!)...what short comings are you trying to hide by lashing out on your eplaya friends?

I really do think there something wrong. These people these wonderful wonderful people, loving each other unconditionally (ok well most of them),
Why do you feel the need to knock peoples heads together?
pinemom

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:05 am

I have no idea why, but I've been feeling intensely vicious lately.

I'm gonna take a break and figure it out.

Sorry for being a jerk.
SED

Postby pinemom » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:07 am

..hehhee...sounds like you just need to get your brains fucked out!
pinemom

Postby Jewel*** » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:12 am

pinemom wrote:..hehhee...sounds like you just need to get your brains fucked out!

it's on the list PMom............it's on the list
Jewel***

Postby pinemom » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:24 am

yeah you know wild savage kind, throwing things off the kitchen counters,kitchen table,coffee table, firplace mantel,stairway,wall,wake up with strange bruising kind of sex!

Hot sweaty crazy sex.......

.........hmmm?

Oh........... Titwi...hun, can i talk to you for a minute?
pinemom

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:29 am

I guess some people stir stuff with a spoon and simmer to perfection. Others just get a front end loader with a ten yard bucket and sling it everywhere.

:lol: Just a matter of degree and how much backsplash you want/expect :roll:
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby BigCock » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:42 am

bounds off top rope, lands in ring in fighting pose with a horrifying screetch

Ok Mr. Disturbed, I'm ready. Give me your worst. I try to keep my nose fairly clean around here, but hey, nobody's perfect. Let's hear it.
BigCock

Postby Dr BENWAYLADEN » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:57 am

SED
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:39 am Post subject:

This is the norm on this thread, now. It appears that various individuals tend to take themselves and other waaaaaaaay too seriously. At the actual event, the social forces that encourage cohesion and discourage violent confrontation almost always overpower the petty bickering you see here. Other threads manage to stay lighter and more fun. The things to do, if you're asking, is avoid in enaging in trolling or responding to attacks. I've learned that gradually, though I still let myself poke fun at people who get all ranty and ragey over nothing. But even that gets old. What you should definitely NOT do is try to re-engineer the social structure of the the threads. Start your own if you want--anyone can._________________It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

I guess you forgot this SED.....You fucking Idiot!
Dr BENWAYLADEN

Postby Ranger Genius » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:02 am

Bring it, bitch.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Postby unjonharley » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:03 am

Dr BENWAYLADEN wrote:
SED

This is the norm on this thread, now. It appears that various individuals tend to take themselves and other waaaaaaaay too seriously. At the actual event, the social forces that encourage cohesion and discourage violent confrontation almost always overpower the petty bickering you see here. Other threads manage to stay lighter and more fun. The things to do, if you're asking, is avoid in enaging in trolling or responding to attacks. I've learned that gradually, though I still let myself poke fun at people who get all ranty and ragey over nothing. But even that gets old. What you should definitely NOT do is try to re-engineer the social structure of the the threads. Start your own if you want--anyone can._________________It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

/
ROTFLMFAO
unjonharley

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:37 pm

Took a break. Figured it out. Thanks to all for responding will be back with more.
SED

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:38 pm

pinemom wrote:..hehhee...sounds like you just need to get your brains fucked out!

Yes indeed. Deadly Semen Buildup has made me more warlike than usual.
SED

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:41 pm

BigCock wrote:bounds off top rope, lands in ring in fighting pose with a horrifying screetch

Ok Mr. Disturbed, I'm ready. Give me your worst. I try to keep my nose fairly clean around here, but hey, nobody's perfect. Let's hear it.

I can't oblige you, BC. You haven't made any really assinine remarks that I can think of. I'm not going to just hand out beatings for nothing. They must be earned. Now, if you want a simple smack in the head, that I can give you. Just not here. This thread is full-on savage beatings.
SED

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Dr BENWAYLADEN wrote:
SED

I haven't forgotten any of that, BenWay, and I still stand by it. We should assume that definitions of 'trolling' can vary, but I believe a responsible review of my posts will show that they are reactive in nature.

I don't go around looking for fools to smack. What I am looking for are instances of poor and sloppy thinking. As far as responding to attacks, such as you calling me a fucking idiot just now, all I can say is that I'm responding to YOU, not your abuse. Let me just add I'm a bit flattered that you would go over three years of my postings and that you seem to have read them. Don't let anyone tell you it was a waste of time.
SED

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:06 pm

unjonharley wrote:ROTFLMFAO

It pleases me that you are so amused, and that you have been distracted from your role as a passive spectator of the events on Mt. Hood.
SED

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:07 pm

Ranger Genius wrote:Image

Bring it, bitch.

Which one is you, RG?
SED

Postby Dr BENWAYLADEN » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:20 pm

I didn’t waste any time reading all your posts I found the quote reading someone else’s posts.

By the way did you every get treatment for your herpes that oozing sore on your lip is nasty. Hope you didn’t have sex with anyone without telling him or her did you?
I deplore brutality, It's not efficient. On the other hand, prolonged mistreatment, short of physical violence, gives rise, when skillfully applied, to anxiety and a feeling of special guilt.
Dr BENWAYLADEN

Re: ePlaya Thunder Dome

Postby ZaphodBurner » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:44 pm

SED wrote:I'm offering this space as a reserve area in whick I will dole out unalloyed criticism to those who think they can handle it.

I'm in!

I'll bet you the entire nation of North Korea that they find one hiker alive in a snowcave. No amputations except for the injured one if it turns out they find him too. Wait, is that fair? I'll double down and you Hong Kong, too.

-c
"Any connection between American art and American nature is purely coincidental, but this is only because the nation as a whole has no contact with reality." -Ignatius Reilly.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Badger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 pm

By the way did you every get treatment for your herpes that oozing sore on your lip is nasty. Hope you didn’t have sex with anyone without telling him or her did you?

Is this playing around? Sometimes you really can't tell. If not it's definitely a violation of the Terms of agreement.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby tisha2 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:09 pm

ohmygod, badger....that video is fucked UP!

well, what a waste of a perfectly enjoyable bitchfest. i was all excited by the thread title - ready to get back to some of the old days of friendly, expert flame throwing...back when a hearty 'FUCK OFF!' was the dearest form of 'I love you!'...but no... *sniffsniff* ...not to be...

it doesn't have to *hurtful*...witty banter can be fun!!

and, yeah...that oozing sore comment was totally out of line.
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby unjonharley » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:32 pm

SED wrote:
unjonharley wrote:ROTFLMFAO

It pleases me that you are so amused, and that you have been distracted from your role as a passive spectator of the events on Mt. Hood.

/
Thank you, I have done my time in search teams.. I'm to old and cripled up to climb anymore. I can and have tended tac when called on.
unjonharley

Postby spectabillis » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:19 pm

SED wrote: What I am looking for are instances of poor and sloppy thinking.

dude, what internet are you on?

an ePlaya thunderdome was discussed before, last time by me and chaiguy. the problem was talking smack about someone who doesnt want to get into it. in other words, someone uses it to make accusations about another that may be false (yeah, that never happens, right?) but even though the other person may be innocent and does not want to get dragged into a conflict, they still feel like they have to defend themselves or their reputation. another problem is the gang or communal beating tendency, how do you keep others from jumping in?

i think those were the points that killed the idea, cant remember the details though. if i had a link to other relevant discussions in policy feedback i would post them but hey.. thats no longer going to be my problem.
spectabillis

Postby SED » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:47 pm

tisha2 wrote:a hearty 'FUCK OFF!' was the...but no... *sniffsniff* ...not to be...

Actually, that FUCK OFF was in the finest old eplaya tradition. A man is lucky to have Jewel tell him to fuck off.
SED

Postby Jewel*** » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:37 pm

SED wrote:
tisha2 wrote:a hearty 'FUCK OFF!' was the...but no... *sniffsniff* ...not to be...

Actually, that FUCK OFF was in the finest old eplaya tradition. A man is lucky to have Jewel tell him to fuck off.

:wink:
Jewel***

Next

Return to Open Discussion