U-Me: The Unfortunate Monkey Experience

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby CapSmashy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:01 pm

Jelly, it was my absolute pleasure to help!!!!

U-Me ROCKED!!!!!!!!! :)
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks, you guys. Maybe I'm going through withdrawal on not having a project but we are already brainstorming on one for 2008. This thread points the way: viewtopic.php?t=21785
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:18 pm

Yeah, I have to say your never ending creativity kind of scares me, Jelly.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:39 am

Ah shucks. Could not have pulled it off without such a great team previously mentioned. I hope Zsu Zsu is headed for the same popularity.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby unjonharley » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:50 am

jelly, ya done good.. for a spinless fish.. had fun with it
unjonharley

Postby CapSmashy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:15 pm

I took these on Sunday. Such a cute little monkey. :)

CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks, Cap'n, for the great pics. Love Killbuck's proud placement of your Terminal City patch on the chimp. If you shot those on Sunday, that was when the seat sensor finally failed on the input level. We were wrenching on it up until the burn, but we were ready for a day of rest and I loved the way U-Me had playa-caked stoner eyes so we just let it sit with no "rides" after that.

Anybody got any video or still shots of the dark inside with lights and such going off?
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Ranger Genius » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:23 pm

I've got some great ones, jelly, but they're at work. Watch this space tomorrow.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Postby Ranger Genius » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:09 pm

Here's the best one.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Let's all pile in to the capsule and watch this just one more time together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMEhvvkgxyM
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:46 pm

Dang, you're one weird oven mitt researcher...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby Tiahaar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Let's all pile in to the capsule and watch this just one more time together:

Bravo! Bravo! To spawn such fun as this is the glory of Burning Man :D
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Ranger Genius » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:34 pm

Some footage of the U-me in action.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q-g00htg1gY
Ranger Genius

U-Me Debriefing

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:25 am

Debrief of U-Me at San Francisco Decompression:

* The Pawn programmed in new text hints and helped yet again with loading the capsule
* We got prime placement, a corner at the mouth of the main entrance
* Killbuck made a nice placard for the nosecone so folks could read about the piece
* Z-Spy set up a Tang dispensary with little paper cups so peeps didn't mind the wait
* Lines averaged eight to 12 participants, and they packed in as many as five at a time
* We left out the steel mesh screen for a more intimate Monkey Experience
* The seat weight sensor failed again, Munz has a better idea for the future, if any
* Somebody ripped off the backup chimp head from Killbuck's tent... Kiwi's?
* d6 spun a DJ set next door, with a great floor-cleaner piece of space ambient washes to which Killbuck and I pretended to be colliding space junk
* Many said "I saw it on the playa but never got to go inside" to which we replied "You are the exact person we brought it here for... enjoy this Tang... IN SPACE!
* Renting a truck to haul it was a good choice.
* A couple of people darted up to me during the event and fired off a series of questions all in one sentence like: "What's inside? Will I like it? How long is the wait?" I replied "I don't know the answers to any of those questions, but I can tell you that our installation next year is entirely about you!". (Zsu Zsu)
* DaBomb stopped by in a lovely red Spanish dress complete with black veil to interview us for an upcoming Burncast.net episode for our community... drink!
* Overall the energy at the event was sensational and contagious. Smiles were returned and they were genuine. It was the Indian Summer of Love in beautiful San Francisco.

Thank you to the participants the staff of Elves, Crimson Rose, Lady Bee, Betty June, Brad, Z-Spy and all who made it possible from the U-Me crew:

Kernul Killbuck
Mister Jellyfish
The Pawn
Munz
Zulegoona
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Let's all pile in to the capsule and watch this just one more time together:

Ahhhh... I'd forgotten... just how GOOD... the old days were...

... IN SPACE!
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:50 pm

Hell, I almost forgot the high point of the SF Decom...

Cryptofishy's ride aboard the U-Me... IN SPACE!
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby robotland » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 am

Can't you just call the monkey "Zsu Zsu" and bring the capsule back out next year?
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:54 am

Yes. Good idea! I posted some thoughts over on the Zsu Zsu thread.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Finding True Love, IN SPACE!!!

Postby alphabetty » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:01 pm

Ok this is a real story. First off, on the playa I visited U-Me while significantly but gently altered, and lovedlovedloved it and though I had lost my actual ASS as I laughed it off so hard. But luckily it's still there, because for decompression, I invited a woman who I had met on this dating site online, I hardly knew her and I knew she went to the Green Man so I said hey how about it? So the first thing, I fell for her when I laid eyes on her in line, then we immediately proceed to the capsule and I say, you HAVE to do this! Plus you have to be good at math (because I'd been in there twice already at decom while waiting for her to get there) and so we went in alone. She denies you have to be good at math, but I say you do, because it's not that easy to do the whole pushing buttons thing when you are either stoned or laughing really hard. Unless you are good at math, IN SPACE!

I let her have the seat (which is only significant because we are both women and I'm the femmier one) but not before impressing her by pulling UP on it to re-set it. We did the whole thing and laughed so hard it was really fun, and ultra romantic in a wierd IN SPACE kinda way.

So, now we are about dying of being in love, and we fondly reminisce about the beginnings of this three weeks and two days romance we started in the space capsule with the monkey.

I thank you for this art and all you did. And the Tang.
alphabetty

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:57 pm

Oh, my! That's the best U-Me story yet! You actually fell in love... IN SPACE!

If you two ever get married, please invite the monkey to your wedding... IN SPACE!

Please PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you something funny.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:50 am

best way to start a love affair is with an interspecial threesome in space.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Alpha Betty's Story

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Here's the enchanting story:

My experience of the U ME by Alpha Betty:

"At Burningman I was told that the space capsule over at 0300 and Esplanade was not to be missed. I headed over there and enjoyed it one night but didn't actually get to sit in the chair and play with it till Decompression, where I stood in line three times to go in. The first time I went in with a man next to me in line, then I went in with some Russian tourists, and the third time, when I felt I had mastered it, was with a brand new date. We had a blast, especially since I knew how to do it and felt like a big in the know space stud. I loved watching her sit on the vibrating seat and laugh and laugh. We made it all the way through and this was the start of a beautiful thing - we are at this moment on our honeymoon in Hawaii. All because of U ME and the space capsule. Falling in love IN SPACE is highly recommended. Especially if you're queer and prone to weird love anyhow. Thanks you guys for the fabulous experience and I hope you either bring it out again OR another amazing fun interactive love boat type thing next year!"
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Previous

Return to Open Discussion