Potpourri

All things outside of Burning Man.

Potpourri

Postby RebA! » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:14 pm

Color yellow

Yellow sucks

Cyan doesnt suck as bad as yellow

White however is the suckiest. Why is that an option?

Violet isnt too bad.

This laughing icon looks possessed :lol:
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner
RebA!

Postby Halo Joe » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:26 pm

I like ice cream!
You were burning long before you stepped into this fire. -- EB
Halo Joe

Postby pyrokitten » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:08 pm

i like cake
pyrokitten

Postby tbone » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:37 pm

pudding
tbone

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:58 pm

Stickybuns!!! =D

...and Fetelbaum says, "Mom, you're funny!" :3
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Dyna-lite » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:13 am

Ocean Beach, SF

Monday 9-15-03 at 10:00 AM PST
Set waves are waist to chest high this morning. A moderate to strong south-southwest wind is making surf conditions very poor. The waves are disorganized, bumpy, and weak. We have very cloudy skies and mild to cool weather at the coast.

Waaaaa

....it's the same all down the coast. NO SOUP TODAY!!

Please continue......
Dyna-lite

Yah Stickybuns!

Postby WarmFuzzy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:52 am

[quote="diane o'thirst"]Stickybuns!!! =D

I like stickybuns, too, but the chef can only make them sticky a couple of times a day! <smirk>
WarmFuzzy

Postby JezebelinHell » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:37 am

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

HELL

Postby DJ PNL » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:46 pm

My parents dogs breath smells like death :evil:
DJ PNL

Postby Raheer » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:59 am

There are three thousand four hundred thirty eight different ways to pick your nose, if your nasal passages are large enough....

Raheer

ps: Raheer does not know this from experence....
Raheer

Postby J » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:19 am

Raheer, please stop speaking in the 3rd person. With every post you type I am angered more and more.
Please forget the words that I just blurted out
It wasn't me, it was my strange and creeping doubt
J

Postby Alpha » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:32 am

vonfunk wrote:Raheer, please stop speaking in the 3rd person. With every post you type I am angered more and more.

Jimmy's down!
Alpha

Nifty Multiple-Use Piece o' Luggage

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:50 pm

I just got my Valley Vet equine catalog today and was thumbing through it. It's kinda pricey but they had an item in the Trailering section that pricked my ears up, on virtue of its neatness.

It's called the Bench Water Caddy. It's made of food-safe plastic and includes a 25-gallon water tank, bracketing a central storage compartment (20" long x 11.5" wide x 4" deep) and topped by a padded, sturdy lid which can be used as both step and bench. The lid comes in three colours, grey, hunter green and tan. It also includes molded-in beverage-holders in the water tanks. The piece weighs 30 pounds and costs $83.95.

One could do better for storage, it's clearly only for brushes and grooming aids, but for the water tank/bench/drink holders/step features it looks pretty good. I'd rather get a friend or two and lift out my water in one go than heft around six or seven carboys. I'm thinking the storage compartment would work nicely for my Open Me First box.

http://www.valleyvet.com High Country Plastics Bench Water Caddy.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Re: Nifty Multiple-Use Piece o' Luggage

Postby jennnk » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:36 pm

diane o'thirst wrote:It's called the Bench Water Caddy. It's made of food-safe plastic and includes a 25-gallon water tank, bracketing a central storage compartment (20" long x 11.5" wide x 4" deep) and topped by a padded, sturdy lid which can be used as both step and bench. The lid comes in three colours, grey, hunter green and tan. It also includes molded-in beverage-holders in the water tanks. The piece weighs 30 pounds and costs $83.95. http://www.valleyvet.com High Country Plastics Bench Water Caddy.

is this what you're talking about?
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07e04-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5
do something every day that scares you.
go confidently in the direction of your dream! LIve the life you've imagined --H.D. Thoreau
jennnk

Re: Nifty Multiple-Use Piece o' Luggage

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:55 pm

jennnk wrote:is this what you're talking about?

<LOL> Yes! :D
I came straight to the forum when I saw it in the catalog, we probably crossed bandwidths in cyberspace because right after I posted I went on a click-search for it. Didn't take long...

Anyway, I'm thinking of taking a roadtrip to Idaho in the spring. Go check and see if Moscow (as in Moscow Hide 'n Furs) and the town that company is in are anywhere near each other...
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Niacin » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:30 pm

I got your cyan colour as white.

Cheers,
Max
lebenskunstler - noun, German - someone for whom life is an art form.
Niacin

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Zondermaan

Cool Revisionist Trailer

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:08 pm

Saw something really cool on the Interstate last night.

A van pulling a trailer passed me and pulled in front. He was going...ehh, let's say he was doing the <i>practical</i> speed limit ;) In my headlights, I noted that the trailer <b>had only one wheel mounted in the middle of the floor!</b>

Whoa! This merits some investigation. I went out into the other lane and drew alongside him, even with his bumper, and took a look at the workings. What looked like a couple stabilizers jutting from the underside of the two leading edges of the trailer were actually, on further study, <i>hitches</i> and the trailer was riding on a big, 14" industrial strength caster. The trailer itself was a 4x4x4' cube painted red and mounted with very functional lights. I don't remember seeing a trailer jack but I would imagine there was one.

I didn't get a better look because I was too circumspect to blink him over to the shoulder for an on-the-spot interview. I would imagine the pitch forces on the hitches would be about the same as any trailer but the roll and yaw are probably hellish. I followed him about thirty miles before I had to get off and I didn't see any fishtailing; he did skate back and forth in the lane a little but that may or may not just be his style of driving.

Basically, he created a literal 5th wheel trailer for, I'm guessing, around $150 in materials (and probably a lot less than that if one is signed up with Freecycle). It didn't fishtail and moved <i>with</i> the vehicle. I'd have to see how a rig like this would handle parking and city traffic before making a final assessment.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:47 am

Hell, why bother packing and heading out to the playa these days? Not when we have a virtual BRC at our fingertips.

Have a look....

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,61732,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_3
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:58 pm

Hell, why bother packing and heading out to the playa these days? Not when we have a virtual BRC at our fingertips.

You know, I was thinking this weekend that I might post something about how I had designed a video a game of Burning Man, I had it all figured out too, I was even going to set up a mock website this morning and hopefully post something on it by this evening. This was all going to be my idea of a sick joke. Please tell me this is a joke too?
Chai Guy

Return to Open Discussion