Does anyone know a good bike designer?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Does anyone know a good bike designer?

Postby papabear » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:29 pm

I am looking to have a bike designed for next year that would better suit the environment than what was stolen from me this year. (it was a real good mountain bike witha GPS system intergrated). If you know of some one or somewhere to look, i would be most appreciative.

One thing i am doing is installing a small trackking device so if the bike get stolen... i can track it down.

Thanks
papabear

Postby Angry Butterfly » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:22 pm

Look int getting a Jamis, I have had mine for years and I know people with customs who like mine better.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby papabear » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:01 pm

i looked at them... can i ask why people have liked yours better. I wonder if they can put fatty tires on them?

Papabear
papabear

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:23 pm

PetsUntilEaten

Postby Angry Butterfly » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:41 pm

The people who have customs that like my jamis better really like how light, nimble and strong it is, they like it better than the customs because it cost about a third as much and is more "nimble" (the exact word used by 3 different people) and comfortable than theirs, while having a comparable quality. I probably should have pointed out that it ALREADY HAS fatty tires and really nice components. It is a 93 Jamis Ukiah BTW. In fact, I sent it home on our camp's truck, and one of my friends thought it was abandoned and called dibs on it. He was sad indeed when I claimed it.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:25 pm

ok.

what's a jamis?
PetsUntilEaten

Postby papabear » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:02 pm

thats funny for your friend. I like them a lot. They look like it could hold my weight and could be real sweet. I was looking into a new GPS/5-mile radio that would attach and then I need to figure out a tracking device. Yeah i am a bit of a tech geek, but love a good burn as well. Just don't want to lose my shit again. That sucked.

Thanks for the tips.
papabear

Postby Angry Butterfly » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:11 pm

Jamis is a very small us bike company, the bikes are all made in Tiwan, but are all steel and of extremely high quality and come with a lifetime guarentee. this bike has gotten me laid twice. Seriously, I love it. They aren't even that expensive, just hard to find.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Last Real Burner » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:39 am

papabear wrote: Just don't want to lose my shit again. That sucked.

Next time take precautions.

incoherently,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby Last Real Burner » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:41 am

Or just get an alarm...

unimaginationably,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby nymphgonebad » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:00 am

i love you mr smith!
nymphgonebad

Postby papabear » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:36 am

well i was pretty prepared. In fact i had just unlocked my bike from our shade structure and walked 10 feet away in our camp to get a screw driver... by the time i turned back around (not more than 20 seconds)... it was gone. It was night . Not much i can do when someone is watching me and waiting for the oportunity to grab my shit. Oh well. Next year my bike will have some sort of tracking device installed in the frame. Low Power Radio frequency tracking seems the way to go.
papabear

Postby papabear » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:37 am

I liked the pictures though... that Redneck alarm is a great model.

Ha ha.

Papabear.
papabear

Return to Open Discussion