Chicken fucking and PJ's dude up the cow's ass

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Burnt Coffee on the fire

Postby Zane5100 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:43 pm

deeohgeeman wrote:I don't think they necessarily want center camp to disappear (not all of them anyway) but they see huge hypocrisy and a reduction in the very strong message of self reliance and self expression in the current manifestation of center camp.

That sums up my feelings about Center Camp.
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Postby Tawnee Lynne » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:40 pm

I am not sure that my blunt approach was wrong. I am not happy that people got offended, however I am also one of those people. I was offended that so soon after such an incredible experience, that people would seem so unthankful as to start bitching only a week after the event. It wasn't all fun and games, it was tough out in the desert, but I would rather walk away with something positive to say, rather than sum up the experience in a negative tone. The cure for disease, is to cure the dis ease. My opinion is that the people that decided to run with my statements are miserable in their own right, and we all know the cliche of Misery loving company. Can a single person that has spent the last two weeks bitching at me for telling them that I don't like their bitching get the point? Can they not see the anger they are creating is just a manifestation within them, and really has little to do with me? The things that anger me in life have nothing to do with the strangers on this board. Yet we see an obvious display of their animosity. Do I care that I am new to burning man and eplaya? Hell no, because it was in my blood long before I knew its name. Am I in the wrong for telling people their bitching offends me? Hell no. Am I a cut throat writer who knows the value of words enough to get her point across that she detests negativity? Hell yes. My advice and opinion... those that don't like what I write can disagree with me all they want, and I will listen to a healthy debate anytime, I don't have to resort to attacking them on a personal level, I learned to let that go in kindergarten. I really dislike the assumption from several of you that I am taking my anger out on you. that would require me to be angry first. the closest that any of you will come to seeing me at that point,is resolution: resolution that if you don't want to hear my point, then there is no point in talking about it, or participating in a conversation further. the only reason I have been back a few times is because my personal life was put in a forum that should have been safe and without judgement, and I find that like burning man, the weekend guests are not getting the idea, and those that are burners acting all judgemental aren't the true burners and I am glad I see your true colors now. To me, my family i.e the burners I have in my life, we accept the total package. We have struggles, but in the end we all love each other and make up. Eplaya might contain my family members, but it is not my family. 8) :shock:
Tawnee Lynne
PS I took your advice and previewed my response, and didn't alter a single thing. If someone is offended, well, then just be offended.
Today I will help you to create music..the music is the echo of whatever precious memory we embrace from our innocent contact....Tawnee Lynne
Tawnee Lynne

Postby Zane5100 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:09 pm

Tawnee Lynne wrote:If someone is offended, well, then just be offended.

I'm not offended.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be...
Zane5100

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:12 pm

seem so unthankful as to start bitching only a week after the event.

Bet it won't help if I share that I complained some while *there* too.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby precipitate » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:27 pm

> Bet it won't help

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

Better watch out, Lydia. Tawnee doesn't like it when you quote her.
Claims you're picking apart her words.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby shuranuff » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:34 pm

wow
shuranuff

Postby III » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:57 pm

>doesn't like it when you quote her

that's why i prefer to paraphrase.
III

Postby Tawnee Lynne » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:57 pm

precipitation, you just like to start shit. IMO. You should change your playa name to Instigating NetNerd. 8) Lydia, I have no problem with. I think there is something to be said about the concept of " letting go" for all parties considered, my party included. Precipitation, you honestly must be looking for some female to put you in your place then walk away leaving you chained to your own words eh? Glutton for punishment is a sad state even I have fallen into, however it really isn't necessary in this arena... :mrgreen:
Today I will help you to create music..the music is the echo of whatever precious memory we embrace from our innocent contact....Tawnee Lynne
Tawnee Lynne

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:04 pm

Lydia, I have no problem with.

The mind boggles.

It's the freaking NAME isn't it? ISN'T IT???
Lydia Love

Postby precipitate » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:05 pm

> Precipitation, you honestly must be looking for some female to put you
> in your place then walk away leaving you chained to your own words eh?

<snort>
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby Jane Eric » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:57 pm

The very last person I ever fired in Corporate America was because he just couldn't seem to get people's names right. He worked in QA.
Jane Eric

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:28 pm

Miss Sparkle, would you consider deleting this entire worthless thread?

Next, mix 800 mg Skelaxin, 7.5 / 500 mg of Hydrocodone, and a nice 400 mg shot of Kava Kava and give it 45 minutes to work. Sit back and read through 284 pieces of mail, after junk filtering. Then get on e-playa and see what's been posted for the day....

And you'll get someone who thinks this entire thread and the personal attacks is the sorriest bunch of bullshit to ever be posted from Seattle in my fucking life.

Tawnee, as nasty as your posts are, maybe you need to let whatever it is your deciding not to treat take you early. The world will be a better place without you cluttering up the place. I can be negative but you practically ooze the stuff out of every fucking pore of your being. You come in here and run your mouth and people try to give a damn about you and you don't fucking get it, you keep posting your sorry ass little whining posts.

Fuck you, I put you in the same category as Chunking and Joseph Dunphy.

Why don't you do the world a favor, kill your internet connection and go find somewhere else to whine for a while, because we're sick of your whining, and really sick of it when you won't listen to reasonable arguments made against some of the things you said. E-playans like a challenge, a little negativity, but we ask for an open mind in return. Yours is closed, the proof is splashed all over your deleted posts. You chose to hide.

Then hide, and I pray to Kali that we are no longer cursed with your presence. If you have a spine...which I seriously doubt, you'll come back as yourself, have reasonable discussions, offer some constructive comments and maybe some compliments to balance the negativity....and you'll be welcome here. Otherwise....be gone.

This rant brought to you by Big Pharma: You too can have a better life through the magic of pharmaceuticals! The future is chemical!
Kinetic

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:34 pm

Jeebus K honey - you really turn on a dime don't ya?
Lydia Love

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:46 pm

Lydia Love wrote:Jeebus K honey - you really turn on a dime don't ya?

I shouldn't have posted that. I'm just very angry with the world right now, it's totally fucked up and shows no signs of improvement for a while.

As for Tawnee, I tried to be nice, and I got a nice fuck off for my trouble. Then she flames people I now know personally and franly I didn't like it. I met you too...if she would have sent crap your way, I'd of spoken up just the same.

She just hit a chord the wrong way at the wrong time. And unlike her, I'll leave my mistakes up so people can learn from them, and I can go back and have reminders of what not to do again.
Kinetic

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:54 pm

As for Tawnee, I tried to be nice, and I got a nice fuck off for my trouble

This will happen sometimes...

she flames people I now know personally and franly I didn't like it.

This will happen ALOT considering who your friends are. Outspoken, strong-willed people get flamed.

You just jumped from "advocate" to "i wash my hands" to "fuck off totally" so quickly... anyway I try to restrain myself from the "fuck off totally" bit - I think theres some hope of *anyone* learning *something* around here.

Take care, ok? You can always PM me if ya need...
Lydia Love

Postby Kinetic » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:25 pm

Lydia Love wrote:
You just jumped from "advocate" to "i wash my hands" to "fuck off totally" so quickly... anyway I try to restrain myself from the "fuck off totally" bit - I think theres some hope of *anyone* learning *something* around here.

The post just caught me at the wrong time...and was out of character for me.

I turned so fast because she attacked people that I know, some who I have met personally. Despite PJ's avatar and comments, in private he's been one of the strongest sources of support I had as I struggled to make it to BRC this year. He also flew out his sick friend and missed a lot of the event because he was putting his friends above his own wants and needs. Not many people would do that! I know PJ now, she doesn't and so I took issue with her misguided comments. For that I don't apologize. Not to disrupt PJ's rep but in private he's a damn good person and I highly admire him.

Except that he is still almost 80 posts ahead of me on the top 10 list! Will I ever catch him with his one or two line posts?
Kinetic

Postby Tawnee Lynne » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:07 am

umm Ken, you are the one that brought my personal life into this. I disagree about people bitching and all of you have a cow. Sheesh. I am glad I was your little sounding board with all of this, but alas you are not god of anything, and you have not the power to ban me from anywhere, furthermore, I was not in the least angry when I wrote any of it, whatever gave you that clue is beyond me. I tried to get past all the negative bullshit, your so called friend wouldn't shut his trap and instead of taking the bait I called him on it. Now I see that you have balls, however misplaced they are, but in my opinion you are the one who needs the drugs here. I like my canibis and my friends. At least they know how to interpet reading. You can again get pissed off, and again rant, but the truth is: 1. I am an optimist, and I hope that at some point you can get over your bitching. Two, I said Iwas open to debating and other ideas, but not personal attacks. Go back and reread that last statement. Thirdly, get off yor freaking high horses, as Lydia so projected when this endless stupid ranting started. Ok? I am having a nice evening, I hope you do also.
Tawnee Lynne
Tawnee Lynne

Postby nymphgonebad » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:15 am

gawd will you two just have sex already?!
nymphgonebad

Not that I want to follow Miss Flynne, but...

Postby Buckeroo » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:49 am

Kinetic,

Sorry if there's been any confusion.

I used to be "StarBoy." For verification, go to www.spectrumhomeinspection.com/pers.htm and notice that I'm not a country and western singer with bad 'tude and terminal cancer, shoot me an email to any of the site addresses calling me an obsequious sanctimonius fuckwit (OSF) and I'll shoot you one back. Maybe later tonight I'll place an obligatory StarBoy reference at the bottom of the page.

I deleted all my posts from the BM board, no matter what the subject. Call it whatever you want...I'm chosing to call it radical self expression. Sorry if anyone's been inconvenienced.

I renamed this thread because Zane, I think, said that mentioning chicken fucking and PJ's avatar was the only way to kill the thread for sure. I meant it as kind of a humorous farewell.

But of course...I'm still here. Sorta.

I'm having the worst fucking time getting back to real life. The worst. It doesn't help that I've been addicted to the e-playa, trying to squeeze fucking Tinkerbell until she poots out some more magic playa dust on me. I'm like one of those crazed junkies in Reefer Madness. ("Faster! Faster! Faster!") My decompression is not going well.

I'm still in a really deep funk. I've got to cut the cord at some point and get back to real life. I decided that I had to cut the cord here. But I kept coming back to read posts even though I wasn't posting anymore, kept looking at threads I'd started.

So, fuck it all, I just deleted them.

Sorry. I'm a recovering alcohlic/addict with 6 years clean, and sometimes my way of dealing with shit ain't so pretty. Almost feel like in a way that what I found at BM was better than any drug or drink I've ever had, and being an addict, well...I WANT MORE. But since I've got this history of overdoing it...more can be a very, very dangerous thing.

My deleting my posts, in my mind, was the basic equivalent of pouring that last bottle of Jack Daniels down the drain.

I wouldn't have responded this time 'cept that you took my actions and seemed to get even more p.o.'ed at Tawnee thinking they were her actions.

Not that, at this point, I even care about Tawnee's feelings. Just hated to see such a nice guy and voice of reason amongst the flames finally develop a caldera after blowing his top.

One request...if anyone's got anything to say to me or want to discuss what an e-dweeb I am, please PM me from here or EMAIL ME from my site, rather than post. The fewer reasons I have to come back here for now the better.

-Kyle
Buckeroo

Postby PJ » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:28 am

Kinetic wrote:...franly I didn't like it.

Is "franly" the feminine tense of "frankly"?

princess strych-9 wrote:gawd will you two just have sex already?!

Or, as a previous post suggests, go "have" a cow.
PJ

Postby Ivy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:24 am

I would disagree with deleting the thread. I do reacall there was some good discussion about absinthe a few pages back.

(Unless I've mixed up my threads yet again, damn this crazy system!)

Anyway, I don't like this whole "we don't like this thread anymore so let's delete it" or deleting posts or whatnot. It makes it far too easy to erase things that parhaps, without the power of erasure, might have been thought through a little more. Also, regardless of the negativity, there are things to be learned from these posts and others, in my opinion, they shouldn't be deleted. No take backs.

Just my $0.02.
Ivy

Re: Not that I want to follow Miss Flynne, but...

Postby Zane5100 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:23 am

Buckeroo wrote:I renamed this thread because Zane, I think, said that mentioning chicken fucking and PJ's avatar was the only way to kill the thread for sure. I meant it as kind of a humorous farewell.

Actually, I was referring to a pic that PJ liked to post of a dude, wearing a grin, with his hand/arm all the way up a cow's ass.

It's an old joke from the last incarnation of the e-playa.

Hang in there, big guy.
Zane5100

Postby Kinetic » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:31 am

Writing posts at 2:30 in the morning while tripping out on Hydrocodone is not recommended. And when your under extreme stress, it compounds the effects.

I know I'm not the God of anything, thanks for the reminder. But I am creating my own church so I can have my religion, my way, and take advantage of the benefits more organized churches get. Ya gotta play the game sometimes......that's why The Church of Kinetika is moving from concept to reality even as I type this. I'm testing the system and seeing what I can do with it...who knows what will happen.

The more I posted the deeper I got into a mess...I have two threads where I've posted and I should have kept my mouth shut. I didn't, now I'm paying for it.

All I wanted was to see the personal attacks stop and that's it. I know several of the people involved and I got defensive. And while it's not a good excuse, I was really tripping out on my muscle relaxer, my Lortab or Hydrocodone, and Kava Kava on top of that...so I was tripping good last night. And it was all legal to boot, and unfortunately needed as I was hurting badly but I won't go there.

So with that, I throw out mea culpas and admissions of guilt and say enough, I fucked up, post your flames and lets get on to more important things....

A final quote about me from a friend this week: "Flashes of brilliance, with a lot of failures in between....some unseen, some spectacular. The point is you try where most don't." Not to brag but she had a point.
Kinetic

Previous

Return to Open Discussion