Persons getting personal

We're doing it wrong...we know

Persons getting personal

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:21 pm

Tancorix

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:26 pm Post subject:
I've survived Frog Pond water for 2 years now with no adverse effects. Again simply don't drink the stuff.

There's a lot of people saying don't do this, don't do that...it's all part of the slippery slope that will eventually kill off the event as we know it.

I wonder...is Bob trying to become the top eplaya poster with all his posts of late?

I really don't care much that I'm the focus of K/T's latest hysterical sig-line, but I do care when such tactics become a potential example for everyone on the eplaya, especially in the non-General-Discussion topic areas.

No idea what this poster's real name is, btw, or why s/he chose me over anyone else on the eplaya to make note of in his/her sig-line, but I wouldn't want to see any eplaya participant made the target of another in this manner.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:26 pm

Man this is a new low for both of you guys.

What a stupid thread. :lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:46 pm

<plonk!>

<doh!>

Bob

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:00 pm

FWIW, your own de facto sig is as democratic as they come, if a little graphics-heavy. I'd literally kill to have <plonk> on the eplaya.

Bob

Postby Tancorix » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:12 pm

Why literally kill when you could volunteer and help the eplaya team with things that would free them up to implement the changes you seek? Again are you part of the solution, or part of the problem?

The tagline you quoted is mine. It was written to call attention to your increased number of posts of late. When De Facto made a similar volume of posts you made all sorts of comments about it. Would you care for a review of the archives on the subject?

There is no attack in simply stating a fact. You are posting more. Your totals have the potential to reach the top slot. If you consider that negative, then you have deeper problems than I'd care to be associated with. Some people would consider that a compliment. It's all in the intrepretation. Are you trying to dethrone Badger as a source of playa info and thread feedback?

I know you'll be leaving for the playa soon, and I hope you find peace and a little less negativity out there this year. Good luck Bob, and have a good burn. Try to take a little time and see the positive side of the event while you're there. For all the problems, BRC still has some magic left. Try and find it, or let it find you. Unless Technopatra has concerns, I consider this issue closed, and if she has any, she has many ways to contact me.
Tancorix

Postby talisen » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:24 pm

Tancorix wrote: When De Facto made a similar volume of posts you made all sorts of comments about it.

So what does that have to do with you? Take the lampshade off already.
talisen

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:57 pm

The subject was a sig that targeted another eplaya participant. Rip Bush or Nader or what's-her-name a new one all you want, I just didn't think it was prudent to let something petty and personal like "Playa Girl's a Meanyhead!!! :(" stand as a precedent. There's enough meanyhead bashing as it is.

Bob

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:27 am

:lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Tancorix » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:47 am

Rather than indulge anyone with a reply that would rip into various comments and attitudes, I refer everyone back to my previous statement.
Tancorix

Postby technopatra » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:41 am

I agree with Bob completely. If you have an issue with someone's messages, you deal with them or ignore them. If you have an issue with someone's person - too bad. They can be here and express themselves however they want, within the parameters of the CG and TOS.

It is your choice to engage with them or not, it is your choice to feel offended or not, it is your choice to reduce yourself to this kind of scattershot flaming or not.

Creating a consistent message bashing another member of this board is immature, vindictive, and a violation of both the Community Guidelines and the community spirit that they are meant to defend.

Worse still, it pegs you as someone with a narrow agenda for attacking another person, both within and without whatever context there is that inspired it.

One more thing: Tancorix, do you really want to be defined by your feelings about Bob? Because what you are telling the world with your sig line is that he is the most important thing about you.
technopatra

Postby Tancorix » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:00 am

I've tried to communicate my concerns to Bob before but was totally ignored. And considering that not too many know the backstory such as yourself, it's understandable that you would make the statements you did. But...in this case I'm ignoring it. I won't violate the CG's again, but I'm not apologizing either.

And it seems the 3Playa's influence is stronger than I expected. I hope that's not a sign of future problems around here.
Tancorix

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:42 am

why bother, you guys? it's all pretty silly to me. If you put a plonker online somebody is going to miss part of the message and possibly repeat what has been already sad or miss a point that they may have a valid solution to.

either way seems to me the bickering will still exist.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby Bob » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:15 pm

Again, it's not a big deal for me, but might be to anyone looking at it as an example of eplaya norms. Thanks for the comments.

Bob

Return to ePlaya Feedback