Spam Flagging

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Re: Spam Flagging

Postby BBadger » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:54 am

Something I would like to see is the Spam flagging "reason" pull-down box should have "advertisement for website, etc." as the first entry instead of it being for illegal software, etc. Then again, maybe I'm just being too anal about it, and the mods don't even look at the reasons for the spam (I still type "Spam" though!).
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby AntiM » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:46 am

BBadger wrote:Something I would like to see is the Spam flagging "reason" pull-down box should have "advertisement for website, etc." as the first entry instead of it being for illegal software, etc. Then again, maybe I'm just being too anal about it, and the mods don't even look at the reasons for the spam (I still type "Spam" though!).

I look at the reason if it is a user and not a spambot. A reported post turns pink for the mods, so if I recognize the spammer, I just delete the post, sometimes without ever looking at the report. Very quick, I can go into a forum and the reported posts jump out visibly. Then all I have to do is decide if it is simple spam and delete it, or if it is a real user issue, which I leave to the others.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:03 am

Same here as with AntiM, if it's a spambot post don't worry about the reason - flag and click through and that's fine by me. That said, BBadger's got a good point - the list should be reviewed and re-ordered.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:48 pm

True that a new default setting for the flagging will be nice, but once the admin fixes the first priority (human verification at registration) the flagging function will be almost a moot point.

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby BBadger » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:33 am

Oh and please change the notification option to default to "No". I just accidentally hit submit without unchecking that. I don't care about being notified :\
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 am

I've never been notified. I think that's more default code that this board is ignoring.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Previous

Return to Feature Requests