might be time...

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

might be time...

Postby swampdog » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:24 pm

about the eleventeenth time I scrolled past '2008 Burning Man Event' in the index to see what was posted in '2009 Event' it occurred to me that it might be time that it move it to "years past". I don't mean to be a noodge, I know you guys are busy and probably everyone's so used to it that nobody notices any more but you might want to consider it.
User avatar
swampdog
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am
Location: Bellingham WA
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Leave it up, it still is pertinet for certain issues and topics, and there is no reason to remove it until AFTER this years burn.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Postby swampdog » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:11 am

I didn't suggest removing it, just moving it down the page. "years past" goes all the way back to '03. Maybe the tradition is to move it down after each burn when you introduce the next year, I don't know. Maybe it's a big headache to move. It just struck me as out of place the other day.
User avatar
swampdog
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am
Location: Bellingham WA
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby wedeliver » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:37 am

swampdog wrote:I didn't suggest removing it, just moving it down the page. "years past" goes all the way back to '03. Maybe the tradition is to move it down after each burn when you introduce the next year, I don't know. Maybe it's a big headache to move. It just struck me as out of place the other day.


Typically the changes are made at the sametime I think. They (dork) creates the new years thread, 2010 Burning Man event, move 2009 up and move 2008 to the archive.. me thinks
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
User avatar
wedeliver
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Location: Tionesta, CA

Postby Dork » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah, I usually do it all at the same time but that's mostly because I don't think about it until someone freaks out that the event is over and the next year's threads haven't been created yet. I'll archive 2008 shortly.
User avatar
Dork
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby wedeliver » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:55 am

Dork, I thought you lived in Sparks or Reno.. what is this New Zeeeland? I saw a post about snow plows coming off the mountain and I pictured a cartoon of plows flying through the air.. anyway... wazzz up with down under? (I have a question, seriously! does the water swirl the opposite direction in the toilet?)(have you felt the ground move yet?)
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
User avatar
wedeliver
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Location: Tionesta, CA

Postby wedeliver » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Dork wrote:Yeah, I usually do it all at the same time but that's mostly because I don't think about it until someone freaks out that the event is over and the next year's threads haven't been created yet. I'll archive 2008 shortly.


Oh come on now. That was a couple years ago when things moved in sloooow mooootion.. You nailed it last year and had everything changed BEFORE anyone could say a thing.

Thanks
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
User avatar
wedeliver
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Location: Tionesta, CA

Postby Dork » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:14 pm

wedeliver wrote:Oh come on now. That was a couple years ago when things moved in sloooow mooootion.. You nailed it last year and had everything changed BEFORE anyone could say a thing.

Actually I didn't... but I've gotten good at covering my tracks :)
User avatar
Dork
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby Dork » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:29 pm

wedeliver wrote:Dork, I thought you lived in Sparks or Reno.. what is this New Zeeeland? I saw a post about snow plows coming off the mountain and I pictured a cartoon of plows flying through the air.. anyway... wazzz up with down under? (I have a question, seriously! does the water swirl the opposite direction in the toilet?)(have you felt the ground move yet?)

Chur bro, Aotearoa is sweet as! Water swirling the opposite direction is a myth, but it is true that sheep outnumber people by 22 to 1. Gotta run, my mince and cheese pie is ready!
User avatar
Dork
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby swampdog » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Wellington, huh? One of my very best friends (non-burner, so far) lives in Wellington - I'd love to send her a gift via the burner network. Dork, will you be at the Eplaya meet n greet?
User avatar
swampdog
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am
Location: Bellingham WA
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby Dork » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 pm

I don't think I'll make it to BM this year, but you might be able to find another wellie burner - try the kiwiburn website.
User avatar
Dork
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby swampdog » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:06 pm

It's a shame you won't make it. It is a LOOOONG haul from NZ though.
User avatar
swampdog
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am
Location: Bellingham WA
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby swampdog » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Thank you!
User avatar
swampdog
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am
Location: Bellingham WA
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub


Return to Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest