BM 04 Tix Forum disappears upon logout

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

BM 04 Tix Forum disappears upon logout

Postby Don Muerto » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:22 pm

If this has been posted before, forgive me. I have not followed the bug report process.

When I logout I noticed that the locked, 'Ticket Information' thread in the BM 04 Category disappears from the Forum Index. Not anything that bites my ass, but something I noticed and thought you might want to know about.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Don Muerto

Postby III » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:34 am

i believe that was intentional, sort of - those categories were created during the initial testing of this board, and i suspect that the different permissions (including "only visible to logged in members") were being tested out.
III

Postby technopatra » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:12 pm

The Tickets folder was originally meant to be a read-only thread where the LLC could post info about ticket sales. This won't happen for a while so we took it down.

But now I think that it should be an open discussion area, so that users can find & resell their tickets instead, or talk about how they love/hate the design, or have another place to ask for help if they havesome kind of problem with their tickets.

In any case, we will put it back up as soon as we can announce when tickets will be going on sale.
technopatra

Postby Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:40 pm

Errr...its up. Locked, but up. If you log out though, it disappears from view entirely.

Make sense? I am no longer sure if I do.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Don Muerto

Postby Tiara » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:55 am

It might make sense to put a single post in the Tickets 04 Forum that says something along the lines of "Last year tickets went on sale 00/00/03. Pre-sale tickets were available at $145, $165, $185. . . and $250 price levels. Tickets for BM 04 will go on sale early in 2004. Check back for details".

I notice that people keep asking questions in the Newbies threads which would be answered by a simple factual blurb like that.
Tiara

Postby precipitate » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:14 pm

>The Tickets folder was originally meant to be a read-only thread
> But now I think that it should be an open discussion area,

I think you need both. Maybe a tickets forum that has a sticky
announcement at the top with ticket FAQs (or a link to
tickets.burningman.com, the actual source of that info), and then
folks can also create threads to buy and sell or ask other questions.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby technopatra » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:40 am

precipitate wrote:>The Tickets folder was originally meant to be a read-only thread
> But now I think that it should be an open discussion area,

I think you need both. Maybe a tickets forum that has a sticky
announcement at the top with ticket FAQs (or a link to
tickets.burningman.com, the actual source of that info), and then
folks can also create threads to buy and sell or ask other questions.

Good point. The sticky feature is a little weird- you have to be a moderator of a thread to make a post sticky, and the moderator's name is displayed. I'm a little anxious about doing that, because then anywhere we want to have a sticky topic, we have a declared moderator, even tho we are not actually moderating the board. I'm afraid that folks will start to wig when they see "moderator: technopatra" and mistakenly think that we're instituting some new big brotherism.

But I suppose a simple announcement, repeated oft and everywhere, would handle that.
technopatra

Postby technopatra » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:42 am

Don Muerto wrote:Errr...its up. Locked, but up. If you log out though, it disappears from view entirely.

Make sense? I am no longer sure if I do.

Claro, I see what's happening. It's visible only if you are a registered user who has logged in. I imagine there was some logic behind that tho I can't for the life of me sound it out now.
technopatra

Return to Feature Requests