Open question for the Admins and Moderators of the ePlaya...

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Postby The CO » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:43 pm

If I have missed it, someone point me to where this is explained... But seriously, someone in admin just F**KING STEP UP AND DO IT! Add the .gif/scrambled word/confirm mod. Don't ask. Don't wait for a commitee. Just plug the damn plug-in in! If the great mythical higher power gets mad, then we will finally have someone to get an answer from. I have been looking thru "eplaya feedback" and can't find a reasonable explanation for why this has not been done. Again, if I'm mistaken, show me where this is justified.

In this case, "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission".

My .02₤
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
User avatar
The CO
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:56 am
Location: I-CORPS, M*A*S*H HQ
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby spectabillis » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:52 pm

its being worked on getting people access, but its a slow process. wont see many drastic improvements right away due to the same reasons, and for the same reasons i cant really go into some things which i would prefer to have open and transparent.

not that i or anyone else enjoys being in a position to take all the shit when its out of our control, but if i walk its not going to get done.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby The CO » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:55 pm

So is there a person (ANY person) that can add the mentioned mod? Are they on this board? Or is it a hermit with no computer somewhere? Was only one person given "the power" and then deleted? WTF?

(Spec, I'm not trying to come across as yelling at you, I geniunely want to know)
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
User avatar
The CO
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:56 am
Location: I-CORPS, M*A*S*H HQ
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby spectabillis » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:11 am

the main man with the keys is no loger with the org, they are still volunteering in some areas so replacements can come up to speed - but those replacements have to get access, learn whats been installed and whats there, learn the problems, then attempt to fix. in the middle of all this i am pushing dork's involvement so there is no single point of resource.

so far i have bulldozed through three layers of org, been a serious pain-in-the-ass, and burned my bridges just to get it done.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:32 am

You guys.

What the fuck is the status with the eplaya patches?

WTF!


This really pisses me off.

Be as mad at me as you like, but fact of the matter is....I'M RIGHT.

This spamming shit sucks.

How close are you guys to a solution?


FUCK!
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Dork » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 am

DVD Burner wrote:This spamming shit sucks.

How close are you guys to a solution?

I said a few weeks ago that it would be a couple of months before our collective shit is gotten together enough to accomplish anything. So far we're right on schedule. In the meantime we've taken on more moderators so the spam that is posted is getting deleted quickly.
User avatar
Dork
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:10 pm

*Sigh*

Ok.
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Archantael » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 pm

Dork wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:This spamming shit sucks.

How close are you guys to a solution?

I said a few weeks ago that it would be a couple of months before our collective shit is gotten together enough to accomplish anything. So far we're right on schedule. In the meantime we've taken on more moderators so the spam that is posted is getting deleted quickly.


That could be taken to mean that the clique has been expanded...

At least whomever made the decision to appoint Bay Bridge Sue finally got it right...and made a great choice. And it's good to see Dork on the board at weird hours....which means the spam doesn't stay up as long.

As for the code update....we've waited literally years to get it. What's a few more weeks at this rate? At least there's visable progress unlike the smoke and mirrors we had before.
Archantael
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:29 pm

Postby Dork » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Archantael wrote:As for the code update....we've waited literally years to get it. What's a few more weeks at this rate? At least there's visable progress unlike the smoke and mirrors we had before.

I'm slowly but surely getting bits of access I need. Nobody at the org seems to want anything to do with Eplaya, but they are also nervous about granting access to their servers and nobody wants to be the one that handed over the keys to some random guy who might turn out to be a nut. So it's taking a while. And I don't want to become so much of a pest that they stop answering me or I get so frustrated with the whole thing that I decide it's not worth it. It's not as if I, or SB, or Anti M, or BBS are getting any sort of pay or perk for this.

I actually do have access to change files on the server, I just can't get to the test site yet. I don't feel comfortable changing anything without the ability to fully test it before it goes live. Also, some mods require running database scripts which I can't do yet.

Please do feel free to provide more info on bugs you've experienced (like the bar thread one) or lobby for a change you feel should be high on the list. I can't offer any sort of guarantees, but I'll do what I can.
User avatar
Dork
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:22 am

Archantael wrote:

As for the code update....we've waited literally years to get it. What's a few more weeks at this rate? .


you mean implemented.

The patch has been there for years. I know.

as fas as a few weeks...........it dont take me that long. But that's just me.

Hope someone takes it seriously soon.
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:30 am

Dork wrote:I'm slowly but surely getting bits of access I need. Nobody at the org seems to want anything to do with Eplaya, but they are also nervous about granting access to their servers and nobody wants to be the one that handed over the keys to some random guy who might turn out to be a nut.


So far they have done worse.

If they had been nice to me before......(technopatra and Camera girl along with a few others that are not there now, was nice to me.) They could have some many awesome things.

Say for example
And some of these are mine.
I tried to tell them it's what I did for a living......one of the things anyway.........


Hope they get their shit together over there sometime soon.

Dork, speak your mind to them. You have my blessing.
You seem to be ok. :wink:
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:37 pm

DVD Burner wrote:
Dork wrote:I'm slowly but surely getting bits of access I need. Nobody at the org seems to want anything to do with Eplaya, but they are also nervous about granting access to their servers and nobody wants to be the one that handed over the keys to some random guy who might turn out to be a nut.


So far they have done worse.

If they had been nice to me before......(technopatra and Camera girl along with a few others that are not there now, was nice to me.) They could have some many awesome things.

Say for example


And some of these are mine.
I tried to tell them it's what I did for a living......one of the things anyway.........


Hope they get their shit together over there sometime soon.

Dork, speak your mind to them. You have my blessing.
You seem to be ok. :wink:



You look kinda angry in that pic DVD .. if you still want to give away an SGi box I'll take one and trade ya my undying loyalty and let you raid my porn collection.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Toolmaker wrote:

You look kinda angry in that pic DVD .. if you still want to give away an SGi box I'll take one and trade ya my undying loyalty and let you raid my porn collection.


Huh? Why do people say that about some of my pics. I'm smiling in that one.

I'm being cereal.

As far as giving one away, I dont think that's possible.
I'd still like to raid your porn collection though.
:lol:
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Badger » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:30 pm

This spamming shit sucks.


And your first 1100 posts on this board were of any substance????

Bwwwahhahahahaha!!!

The chickens come home to roost - fucko
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby Toolmaker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:44 pm

Badger wrote:The chickens come home to roost - fucko


I hear there's a great new camp named tiki fuckos. I wonder if they are going to serve roast chicken on the bar-b-q?
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:27 am

It's amazing how Badger starts shit he cant finish.
and to think, he would have sense enough to leave well enough alone.
But nooooo. ya just gotta start shit dont cha?

:lol:

Hey Badger, when you gonna do some programming for eplaya?



BWWWWWAAAAAAAAA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

You are the biggest joke on the internet son. You need to learn to keep ya big trap shut.
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Archantael » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:06 am

Badger's first post references smilies...way back in 2003. It's kinda ironic that he's still butt-hurt over something he liked to do himself. Don't believe it? Go do a search by Author, set it to view posts and use Ascending order. Read his very first post...if you dig through the second page of results you'll even find a thread devoted to the topic.

Beyond that does anyone give a rat's ass about posts from way back in 2003? I seriously doubt it. And what does it have to do with the moderation and fixing of TODAY's e-playa?

I think someone needs to take their sock puppet, shit stirring antics back to Tribe where it's been running amuk lately and leave the eplaya alone for a change.
Archantael
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:29 pm

Postby Lassen Forge » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:35 am

NOW now now...

Let's all take a deep breath... join hands... and sing Kum By Ya...

(Where'd I put that AK47? Damn... get the targets set up and then lose the firearm...)

Seriously. After years of being ignored or totally understaffed, we actually have a team here which is willing to do something. We're trying to get this thing as best as we can, and it ain't easy. We get a little support, but the reason we're here is the org is spread so thin they don't have the resources to put here.

And if you think I'm spewing some llc'ish propoganda - then you sure as hell don't know me. I want to see this mess cleared up worse than you do so I can go back to enjoying this board rather than worrying about the latest sex dot com ad or the plethora of socks someone darns over the night... But someone's gotta be here to do this and keep the azzoles at bay and be glad we're here to do it so you can enjoy this frigging board...

AHA! Found my AK... Here's the ammo... now... Aw darnit, ya all scattered off... C'mon back, join hands, and let's sing...

bb
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby AntiM » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:04 am

You forgot to bait the Beer Trap.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16387
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:54 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:NOW now now...

Let's all take a deep breath... join hands... and sing Kum By Ya...


I dont think so. not with Badger at least.



Archantael wrote:I think someone needs to take their sock puppet, shit stirring antics back to Tribe where it's been running amuk lately and leave the eplaya alone for a change.



Tribe?

I dont think so. Tribe has done nothing else but do the best by Burningman.

Maybe you mean he should take that shit over to 3playa where it belongs.

I know that's what I mean.


AntiM wrote:You forgot to bait the Beer Trap.


Uummmmmmmm, beeeer.

I like beer. especially good imported beer.

:P
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Previous

Return to Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest