How about go to page...

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

How about go to page...

Postby brillig » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:51 am

Since we are being spammed by someone, I can only find real current posts by going page by page until his name is no longer listed. It would be easier if I could jump to page 5 or 10 instead on one by one.
snow falling faintly through the universe :roll:
brillig

Postby gyre » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:24 pm

I have asked about this and it seems to be a design defect in the fundamental software used.
If anyone learns a trick to do this or to even put the next page at the top so you can zip zip to where you want to go, that would help.
The center of some threads is essentially unusable.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby spectabillis » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:58 am

not sure i get that
spectabillis

Postby spectabillis » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 am

nope, positive i dont
spectabillis

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:07 am

NOt the same but related...

Can someone fix the code (It got mungled in that spam attack a while back) so the "view most recent" box (ya know, the white one next to the name, or the yellow one to the left of the thread name) or last page thingy actually does go tho the last post, instead of somewhere beyond it? It worked before, but somehow it seems like the registry between the last post number and the target those "buttons" go to got skewed and don't match any more, esp. on the high traffic threads...

Ref "the bar" thread. It seems to be the worst, but others are affected as well.

TIA hun...
bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby emily sparkle » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:16 am

i think i know why that's happening. i think it has to do with spam posts that were deleted from threads and then the post counts and links are off. i don't think there's a way to fix it that we (admins and moderators) have control of. i've tried rebuiding the index of the bar, but that doesn't seem to help much. i also think the load of the 2000+ page bar thread may have something to do with it.

if we had someone who had more php skills and time on the team, we might be able to do something, but i don't know what.
:) emily sparkle
eplaya administrator
___

mobilize, energize, motivate, INSPIRE ordinary people to do things to improve their quality of life.
- nobel peace prize winner, wangari maathai
emily sparkle

Postby gyre » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:51 pm

I was referring to the difficulty in getting to page 70 or 900 directly instead of going next page, scan down, next page , scan down and so on.
gyre

Postby mrLenin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:51 am

Hi you don't need nobody who has good php skills. That can do administator of the site. He should know simple MySql query and find any info about spammers in their DB and than delete them.
mrLenin

Return to Feature Requests