Shipping Address/Ship Method Changes

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Shipping Address/Ship Method Changes

Postby trilobyte » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:26 am

You can make shipping address changes on your Burning Man tickets order until June 6. To do so, please go here and follow the instructions.

You can also change the ship method on your order, up until the deadline of July 31. To do so, go here and follow the instructions.

For artists and builders who are part of an project's approved early arrivals crew, it's important to note that the will call window at the box office opens up for 24/7 business starting on Wednesday August 20 [i](Wednesday before the gates)[/i]. If you need to arrive before then, you need to have a physical ticket in hand.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Shipping Address/Ship Method Changes

Postby sayZar1999 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm

A couple questions:

When do tickets ship out to the purchasers (me)?

I am planning on moving in the next month or so but I am not sure where yet. Will my tickets be forwarded?

Thank you.

You-Uh
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.
sayZar1999

Burning Since: 2011

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 pm

You-Uh, you can file for mail forwarding service with the USPS, I think it might even be free (or perhaps a $1 charge). I personally would not trust it with $400+ worth of difficult-to-replace BM ticket, but the choice is yours.

Concerning the two different dates listed above: I'm going to assume that, since I'm currently sitting with Will Call tickets, if I change the ship method to post after 6 June (but before 31 July), I can use a different address than is in Ticketfly. Because right now there's no address in Ticketfly for me at all, because for Will Call you don't need an address. Thoughts?
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:05 am

If only there was some kind of ticketing FAQ...

My advice, change your order to Will Call. DO NOT trust that your mail will be forwarded - Burning Man has no control over that, it's completely in the hands of the post office at that point (or UPS if you chose that option). Considering that you'd be both in the middle of a move and getting settled in plus prepping for Burning Man, you don't want to have the added stress, hassle, and wasting of time that would go into chasing an MIA order. If the order's at will call, you just print out that order confirmation and turn up with your driver's license or ID. The box office opens up for 24/7 service before the Burning Man gates even open.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Jovankat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 pm

This just appeared in my inbox, seems relevant :P

Need to change your shipping address?

Dear Burner,

We're about to start shipping ticket orders and want to make sure that we have your most current shipping address associated with your account.

If you'd like to double-check what we have listed for you and make any changes if necessary, please log in to your Ticketfly account by visiting http://www.ticketfly.com/account/login/auth and click on the "My Orders" link on the left. You'll see a list of your orders with Ticketfly. Click on your Burning Man ticket order and scroll down to the bottom to the section titled "Shipped To". If you need to make a change please use the blue "Edit" link just below to update your information.

The last day we will be able to honor shipping address changes will be Friday, June 13 at 6pm PDT.

burn brightly,

Burning Man Tickets
it's just a fucking picnic in the desert, but it's with some of the best people on earth.
Jovankat

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 pm

It's a catch-22 of irrelevancy. :mrgreen: The people that it might be considered relevant info for (people who purchased tickets) are also being sent the same message.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Jovankat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeah I figured that but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway :P Also spam filters and all that.
it's just a fucking picnic in the desert, but it's with some of the best people on earth.
Jovankat

Postby TT120 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm

I got the same e-mail. Made me kind of giddy. I double checked my shipping info on ticketfly even though I knew it was ok. They're fixin to start shipping tickets!

Bout to get real up in here.... :D
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Village

Postby nickn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 pm

I tried to log in to ticketfly's site to confirm but it but it said bad account/password. The confirmation email I got a while ago has my correct address, so maybe I'll just wait it out.

edit: Changed my password and got in, so all's OK.
nickn

Postby msj2u » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Definitely getting real! I packed everything today except for the food I need to cook before going out, I feel so much better!

70 more days...happy dance going on!

MSJ
The older I get, the less patience I have for stupid
msj2u

Burning Since: 2003

Postby mumblemouth » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 am

according to email you have until the 13th not the 6th

Need to change your shipping address?

Dear Burner,

We're about to start shipping ticket orders and want to make sure that we have your most current shipping address associated with your account.

If you'd like to double-check what we have listed for you and make any changes if necessary, please log in to your Ticketfly account by visiting http://www.ticketfly.com/account/login/auth and click on the "My Orders" link on the left. You'll see a list of your orders with Ticketfly. Click on your Burning Man ticket order and scroll down to the bottom to the section titled "Shipped To". If you need to make a change please use the blue "Edit" link just below to update your information.

The last day we will be able to honor shipping address changes will be Friday, June 13 at 6pm PDT.

burn brightly,

Burning Man Tickets
mumblemouth

Burning Since: 2014

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:16 pm

I've been out irrelevanted! :shock: :roll:
Jovankat

Postby sayZar1999 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks for the clarification. So when should I expect my tickets in the mail? 1 week? Three weeks? Just curious of a timeframe. I literally missed the deadline to change my address with ticketfly by one hour. I didn't get the move to address until 7pm. I am not too worried as I will still be getting mail at the registered ticketfly address for the next month.
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.
sayZar1999

Burning Since: 2011

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:24 pm

They will start mailing out later this month, and it could likely take a few weeks for all the orders to get shipped.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Blompson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Forgive my density, but I'm still a little confused.

I changed my shipping address around the tenth after seeing this same email indicating I had until the thirteenth. Now I see this thread suggesting that I should have done it by the sixth. Can somebody here tell me whether or not my tickets are safe? I will file a change of address with the post office tomorrow but now I am concerned that I missed the deadline.
History does not repeat itself, though it often rhymes.
Blompson

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: SK8 KAMP

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 pm

You should get in touch with the ticket support folks using the link in my signature.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Blompson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Thank you, Trilo.. will do.
History does not repeat itself, though it often rhymes.
Blompson

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: SK8 KAMP

Postby Jovankat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:57 pm

The 6th was the original deadline but they extended it to the 13th.
Jovankat

Postby Capn Crunch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Just wondering (more so, for buying on the aftermarket for a friend), however have any hard tickets been mailed out yet?
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air
Capn Crunch

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:28 pm

No.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Capn Crunch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Didn't think so! They said mid-june -- but, didn't hear about anyone getting any.

Thanks
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air
Capn Crunch

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Yes, the process has begun. It's done in batches, over the course of the next several weeks. There's no need to freak out when you invariably hear about or see posts from people who've gotten confirmation emails or tickets in hand and you haven't gotten yours yet.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Jovankat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Yeah I guess you can only carry so many envelopes to the post box at a time ;) I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that every day for the next little while the closest post box to BM HQ will be stuffed full of ticket envelopes on a daily basis. 8)
Jovankat

Postby kiss-o-matic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 am

I'm still on the fence on whether to try Will Call or have the tickets shipped. If I change the method to delivered in the next couple of days, what's a good time to think they'll be delivered? I'm globe trotting at the moment, and not sure exactly when someone will be around to accept them. Too bad I didn't change the address last month. :-/
kiss-o-matic

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 am

kiss-o-matic wrote:I'm still on the fence on whether to try Will Call or have the tickets shipped. If I change the method to delivered in the next couple of days, what's a good time to think they'll be delivered? I'm globe trotting at the moment, and not sure exactly when someone will be around to accept them. Too bad I didn't change the address last month. :-/

From the Ticket Support pages:
To change the delivery method on your order please email ticketsupport@burningman.com with your order confirmation number and one of our support team will help make that change for you. Please note that some delivery method changes will require an additional payment since there are different costs associated with each option.
Also worth noting: the last day to change an order from Will Call pick up to be shipped is July 31 2014.

Quite honestly, with the problems that are being reported on the board, I'd stick with Will Call if I were you. Especially if you're "not sure exactly when someone will be around to accept them".
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby kiss-o-matic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 am

Quite honestly, with the problems that are being reported on the board, I'd stick with Will Call if I were you. Especially if you're "not sure exactly when someone will be around to accept them".

Sage advice, brotha. I'm actually in the process of repatriating (Go America!!!!), and keeping up with two pieces of cardboard (even with cool holograms on them) thrown in with all my other bullshit I'm juggling is likely not worth the stress. Maybe I'll make a new BFF waiting in the Will Call line.
kiss-o-matic

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion