STEP Details Announced!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: STEP Details Announced!

Postby neXXtro » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:07 pm

okay.... so now my Burner Profile sez "you are signed up for step program"
good luck y'all

did anyone ACTUALLY get to buy a ticket?
neXXtro

Postby remi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:07 pm

dragonpilot wrote:When I got to the Sparkly Things and clicked on the ENTER STEP QUEUE button I got some kind of discouraging message...I kept clicking and lastly got a "STEP entry disallowed (200). User exists in STEP queue."

I guess this means that I am in the queue, but the way this whole thing went down, I have no assurance. So, I will continue to seek tickets thru local sources...which should be everyone's primary means. Good luck everyone!

Opps! Edit: I refreshed and got the coveted "YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR STEP"

Right on.. .Congrats! I know you were one of the guys who was on the ball for the ticket sale, but got screwed anyways. I was really pulling for you to get hooked up in STEP. Good luck!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby neXXtro » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:08 pm

p.s. thanks for all the hard work ticket people
neXXtro

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:11 pm

I was able to hit submit on the STEP ticket request finally at 12:04... girlfriend did it at 12:07 (although it took like 50 refreshes...) I hope that was soon enough to get a low queue number.

Does anyone have any information on when ticketfly starts sending out ticket offers (or available tickets)... as in, could it be (if one comes available) to be sent tomorrow (for example).

:?: :?:
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air
Capn Crunch

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Very, very few people will be able to purchase tickets immediately. As I think I mentioned elsewhere, the STEP queue moves along VERY slowly at first. Most people who have tickets but may be on the fence don't usually make their minds up until late spring or early summer.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:21 pm

trilobyte wrote:Very, very few people will be able to purchase tickets immediately. As I think I mentioned elsewhere, the STEP queue moves along VERY slowly at first. Most people who have tickets but may be on the fence don't usually make their minds up until late spring or early summer.

Ah, thanks... yeah missed last year and registered for STEP much too late. This year I promised myself if I missed the first sale, that I would hit step ASAP, which was 12:04. :)

I'll trust your logic. There is still the OMG sale and CL... although, every time I purchased through CL I felt a little guilty.

Do you have any idea on the number of tickets that actually enter STEP? I personally believe it's probably somewhere in the 500's, but could perhaps by in the 2000's.
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air
Capn Crunch

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:26 pm

The number of tickets is 100% dependent on the number of tickets people contribute. As I just said - very, very few people will be able to purchase tickets immediately.

While this is only the third year of STEP's existence, it would not be unusual for people who registered today to not get a ticket offer until June (or later).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby remi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I thought you mentioned earlier that any ticket (or groups or tickets,) that were found to belong to a scammer/scalper would be put directly back into step. This made me believe that there would already be a quite a few tickets lined up to be deposited back into STEP, unless you guys aren't able to find scalped tickets.. then I would be more/less questioning the capabilities of your ticket screening people.
remi

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm

That's going to happen when there are paper tickets to scalp. I suppose there's those stub-hub ticks, but not in enough numbers to really give this a boost.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby remi » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Anyone trying to sell their ticket above face value, and anyone one who tried to game the system. Stub hub, craigslist.. I'm seeing tones available online for WAY over face value. Anyone with more then one order, and credit cards with duplicate orders... there should definitely be a good handful if they've been doing their job for the last 2 months.
remi

Postby randyintexas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 pm

Okay - this was as frustrating an experience as the original ticket sale. I was logged in 5 minutes early - and kept refreshing the page to see when it changed to offer tickets for sale instead of just tickets offered. At about 11:55 PDT I started getting many server errors, but I clicked (refreshed) on. The page did not change in my view. UNTIL I finally noticed a 'get in the queue' box in the lower right corner of the page - partially below the 'fold' where it was not prominently displayed. I clicked it - nothing happened. I clicked again. ditto... ditto.... Finally I started getting error message. Click some more - and at 12:24 PDT it said I was entered in the queue. Next time - change the page so peeps know where to look to sign up - would ya!
He is not drunk who from the floor can rise again and drink some more. But he is drunk who prostrate lies, and can not drink, and can not rise.
randyintexas

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Not yet

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:01 pm

randyintexas wrote:Okay - this was as frustrating an experience as the original ticket sale. I was logged in 5 minutes early - and kept refreshing the page to see when it changed to offer tickets for sale instead of just tickets offered. At about 11:55 PDT I started getting many server errors, but I clicked (refreshed) on. The page did not change in my view. UNTIL I finally noticed a 'get in the queue' box in the lower right corner of the page - partially below the 'fold' where it was not prominently displayed. I clicked it - nothing happened. I clicked again. ditto... ditto.... Finally I started getting error message. Click some more - and at 12:24 PDT it said I was entered in the queue. Next time - change the page so peeps know where to look to sign up - would ya!

Same thing happen to me, but luckily I caught the STEP submission early... however, I had to keep refreshing then clicking on submit, for it to finally process. Luckily, I did it with the quickness, but yeah -- you described my issue to a T.
Capn Crunch

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Thank your lucky stars that's the kind of frustration you're experiencing. In years past, every part of the process was far more excruciatingly painful. :wink:

Congratulations on having gotten into the queue. Now back to the job or preparing and keeping your eyes open for tickets through some other means. :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:12 pm

trilobyte wrote:Thank your lucky stars that's the kind of frustration you're experiencing. In years past, every part of the process was far more excruciatingly painful. :wink:

Congratulations on having gotten into the queue. Now back to the job or preparing and keeping your eyes open for tickets through some other means. :)

Missed last year, sad as it may be... but, definitely making it up for this year. I'm going no matter what, and in years past, had no problem obtaining via other means (just really counting on STEP to make it easy) -- time to brush off thee ol' costume box, four months away.

Trilobyte, thank you for your knowledge (every bit of it is absolutely appreciated). :D :D
Capn Crunch

Postby tatonka » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Earlier I thought I read that everyone would also get a chance to get a vehicle pass thru STEP ?
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby dragonpilot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Hey! It's been almost 3 hours and I haven't received a ticket offer yet! WTF!

GOTCHA! :mrgreen:
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Schtev » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

dragonpilot wrote:Hey! It's been almost 3 hours and I haven't received a ticket offer yet! WTF!

Three hours?! That settles it. BMORG is literally worse than hitler.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Camp Name: Frosty Phoques

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Schtev wrote:
dragonpilot wrote:Hey! It's been almost 3 hours and I haven't received a ticket offer yet! WTF!

Three hours?! That settles it. BMORG is literally worse than hitler.

Arg!!!!! This is gonna be a long and tortuous wait.
Capn Crunch

Postby BigInSeattle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:46 pm

trilobyte wrote:STEP isn't limited to the number of people who can register. Those who weren't able to get in are simply those who gave up before they got there.

Remember, you may only purchase tickets through STEP if you have not been successful in another ticket sale. If your profile was used to purchase tickets, you may not register to purchase tickets in STEP.

You'll want to use the link for ticketing support in my signature if you're experiencing a problem with your account or the registration process.

So is that a rule or something? My wife was unsure if she was going when I bought my ticket so I only bought one. She has since changed her mind. I can still register through via STEP to get another ticket, right?
BigInSeattle

Postby forty_eight » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:08 pm

^ have your wife create a burner profile ... the profile knows! lol
forty_eight

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:11 pm

BigInSeattle wrote:
trilobyte wrote:STEP isn't limited to the number of people who can register. Those who weren't able to get in are simply those who gave up before they got there.

Remember, you may only purchase tickets through STEP if you have not been successful in another ticket sale. If your profile was used to purchase tickets, you may not register to purchase tickets in STEP.

You'll want to use the link for ticketing support in my signature if you're experiencing a problem with your account or the registration process.

So is that a rule or something? My wife was unsure if she was going when I bought my ticket so I only bought one. She has since changed her mind. I can still register through via STEP to get another ticket, right?

The sooner the better!!!
Capn Crunch

Postby BigInSeattle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:15 pm

48_love wrote:^ have your wife create a burner profile ... the profile knows! lol

Yeah, I kinda already did that. My wife "created a profile".
BigInSeattle

Postby BBlair » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi Everybody!
My friends and I have a credit card question (so boring but necessary). How do you pay if you do not have your own credit card? If they have debit cards...will that work?
IS there another way to get a name listed on a temporary credit card for payment? How have you solved this? I'm sure lots of people have had this issue. My bank does offer visa gift cards, but not with specific names attached. We want to know what to do so that if they win tickets through STEP we will be able to pay for them.
Thanks,
B
BBlair

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby TT120 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:30 pm

tatonka wrote:Earlier I thought I read that everyone would also get a chance to get a vehicle pass thru STEP ?

Yeah, I read that too.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: "No Adult Supervision" in BDV

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:46 pm

remi wrote:Anyone trying to sell their ticket above face value, and anyone one who tried to game the system. Stub hub, craigslist.. I'm seeing tones available online for WAY over face value. Anyone with more then one order, and credit cards with duplicate orders... there should definitely be a good handful if they've been doing their job for the last 2 months.

I forget not everyone has seen Trilo's posts on these a dozen times already this year. There's no reason to believe that they are anything but speculative at this point. The sellers don't have tickets from a previous sale, they are betting on being able to find a ticket to fill an order once one has been made.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:47 pm

BBlair wrote:Hi Everybody!
My friends and I have a credit card question (so boring but necessary). How do you pay if you do not have your own credit card? If they have debit cards...will that work?
IS there another way to get a name listed on a temporary credit card for payment? How have you solved this? I'm sure lots of people have had this issue. My bank does offer visa gift cards, but not with specific names attached. We want to know what to do so that if they win tickets through STEP we will be able to pay for them.
Thanks,
B

You can get a name on one of those credit cards that's actually paid for in cash. I forget the details, but I think that if you go to that credit card's website you can have a name put on one. Trilo will know more.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:59 pm

@BigInSeattle - yes. You'd know that if you'd have clicked on the ticket support & FAQ link in my signature, the one I was urging people to check out in the post you read.

To others with questions about STEP. Read the tickets page and FAQ (linked in my signature), the majority of what I've seen people posting here in the last week IS ALREADY ANSWERED THERE. If you still have a question about the ticketing process... contact the ticket team using the links on the ticketing support site. It's really easy.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:17 pm

BBlair wrote:Hi Everybody!
Thanks,
B

You can go to the pre-paid cards web site and register the name you want for the card.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby omegared » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:18 pm

I can't even log in anymore. Yes I have a signed up for an account, yes my password is correct (I've reset it like 5 times now), yes I'm using the correct username. WTF???
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."
omegared

Camp Name: Kamp Joe 4 President

Postby omegared » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Finally got through and am in line. I'm probably number 10 million in line, but in line. Probably not gonna get a ticket, but it wasn't for lack of effort. :(
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."
omegared

Camp Name: Kamp Joe 4 President

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion