STEP Details Announced!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: STEP Details Announced!

Postby BigInSeattle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 pm

trilobyte wrote:@BigInSeattle - yes. You'd know that if you'd have clicked on the ticket support & FAQ link in my signature, the one I was urging people to check out in the post you read.

To others with questions about STEP. Read the tickets page and FAQ (linked in my signature), the majority of what I've seen people posting here in the last week IS ALREADY ANSWERED THERE. If you still have a question about the ticketing process... contact the ticket team using the links on the ticketing support site. It's really easy.

Yep, I found it . She will be buying the ticket once (if) it becomes available so I don't feel too bad about registering for her.
BigInSeattle

Burning Since: 2014

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am

TT120 wrote:
tatonka wrote:Earlier I thought I read that everyone would also get a chance to get a vehicle pass thru STEP ?

Yeah, I read that too.

That's because it specifically states this in the Ticket FAQ that Trilo has so nicely linked in his signature. :wink:
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby tatonka » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 am

yup , i ask questions and if no one answers the I know its in the FAQ :)
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby remi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:49 am

I remember in 2012 when the queue became very long, they closed the line up until more tickets filtered thru. I didn't pay attention last year.

Is this something that will happen again this year?
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:00 am

Mentioned earlier...don't depend on STEP for a ticket. My primary source will always be from local sources, friends, etc.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Capn Crunch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 am

omegared wrote:Finally got through and am in line. I'm probably number 10 million in line, but in line. Probably not gonna get a ticket, but it wasn't for lack of effort. :(

At least you are in queue... So, there is a shot. That said, when tickets do get disbursed, there will be plenty in on CL (Well, at least there are in my area San Diego and Los Angeles). Just confirm the number and don't get a counterfeit. In years past my circle has gotten much better responses from CL than on the forums or anywhere else (and screw StubHub).
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air
Capn Crunch

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby BBlair » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Capn Crunch wrote:
omegared wrote:Finally got through and am in line. I'm probably number 10 million in line, but in line. Probably not gonna get a ticket, but it wasn't for lack of effort. :(

At least you are in queue... So, there is a shot. That said, when tickets do get disbursed, there will be plenty in on CL (Well, at least there are in my area San Diego and Los Angeles). Just confirm the number and don't get a counterfeit. In years past my circle has gotten much better responses from CL than on the forums or anywhere else (and screw StubHub).

What is CL?
BBlair

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm

remi wrote:I remember in 2012 when the queue became very long, they closed the line up until more tickets filtered thru. I didn't pay attention last year.

Is this something that will happen again this year?

If we could tell you what will happen in the future we'd all be lottery winners. :lol:
Honestly, no idea. Probably depends on how many requests for tickets there were compared to how fast people are putting them in, and that's information the Org isn't going to share (at least, they won't if they run it like in the past).

BBlair wrote:What is CL?

Craigslist.
Make sure you are thoroughly aware of all the warnings about fraud & counterfeits (see link in my sig) - the Bmorg does not verify third party tickets.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby trilobyte » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Every year/ticket season is different.

In 2012, STEP worked differently. Among the differences, there was a cap on the number of people in the queue. Once the cap number was reached, the gates were closed back up until enough tickets had sold that they felt comfortable letting more people sign up. In that frenzied year, it took only 20 minutes to hit the cap. The flow of tickets into the program also ended up being so slow that the gates were never opened back up for additional people. Kind of ironic, considering that in that year it was raining tickets once August came around. To be fair, STEP was a new thing, and there were a lot of strange dynamics in the year that led to people not making their decisions to go or not until very late in the game.

Regardless of the program changes from year to year, I still think the majority of those in the STEP queue should prepare for a lengthy wait. Most people who are on the fence don't make their decisions about whether they'll keep their tickets and go or sell their tickets and miss this year until late spring or early summer. That wisdom makes some sense (for those who can afford it), unless you're already committed to an ambitious project that still gives you plenty of time to work on preparation if you do go, and deferring the decision gives them time to sort out the other pieces of the puzzle in their lives (living situations, work situations, relationship situations, etc).

@tatonka - as I see it when people ask questions that are already answered in the FAQ what they're really saying is that they're a miserable slacker who can't be bothered to look the info up for themselves, they'd rather that the community do the work. Doubly so when it's someone who already knows where to get the answer. :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Capn Crunch » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:12 pm

trilobyte wrote:Every year/ticket season is different.

In 2012, STEP worked differently. Among the differences, there was a cap on the number of people in the queue. Once the cap number was reached, the gates were closed back up until enough tickets had sold that they felt comfortable letting more people sign up. In that frenzied year, it took only 20 minutes to hit the cap. The flow of tickets into the program also ended up being so slow that the gates were never opened back up for additional people. Kind of ironic, considering that in that year it was raining tickets once August came around. To be fair, STEP was a new thing, and there were a lot of strange dynamics in the year that led to people not making their decisions to go or not until very late in the game.

Regardless of the program changes from year to year, I still think the majority of those in the STEP queue should prepare for a lengthy wait. Most people who are on the fence don't make their decisions about whether they'll keep their tickets and go or sell their tickets and miss this year until late spring or early summer. That wisdom makes some sense (for those who can afford it), unless you're already committed to an ambitious project that still gives you plenty of time to work on preparation if you do go, and deferring the decision gives them time to sort out the other pieces of the puzzle in their lives (living situations, work situations, relationship situations, etc).

@tatonka - as I see it when people ask questions that are already answered in the FAQ what they're really saying is that they're a miserable slacker who can't be bothered to look the info up for themselves, they'd rather that the community do the work. Doubly so when it's someone who already knows where to get the answer. :)

Great Info... I'm just curious what the "trickle" of tickets is like... By Summer are we talking about only in the 100's, 500's, 1000's. Unfortunately, that'd not info we are privy to... But, It would definitely be nice and reassuring to know a few guestimations (no matter how accurate they are in the end).... Well, here's to the unknown and waiting! :coffee: :mrgreen:
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air
Capn Crunch

Postby trilobyte » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:42 am

Sorry, that information is not published.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BeeWeeDee » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:45 pm

I do like the fact that when I log into my profile, it says I am registered for the STEP program.

At least, I know now that I am in the queue.
The next morning you will wake up pretty much your old self except that a very unusual 16 hours will have been added to your store of life experience.
BeeWeeDee

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Capn Crunch » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 pm

There are several people asking about a STEP queue confirmation, although I haven't heard of anyone actually receiving one -- although, STEP does say registered... any information on this? Did anyone receive one?
Capn Crunch

Postby Schtev » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 am

I think its already been said, but it bears repeating. The STEP queue is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow at first, since it depends entirely on the rate at which sellers are submitting tickets. We probably won't see any real action until like June.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Camp Name: Frosty Phoques

Postby remi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 am

Schtev wrote:I think its already been said, but it bears repeating. The STEP queue is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow at first, since it depends entirely on the rate at which sellers are submitting tickets. We probably won't see any real action until like June.

I think he was referring to receiving an email from STEP indicating you are in the queue (even though it's already confirmed in your burner profile,) instead of the actual email offering a ticket.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby Schtev » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 am

And this is why we never comment on things prior to morning coffee.

remi wrote:
Schtev wrote:I think its already been said, but it bears repeating. The STEP queue is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow at first, since it depends entirely on the rate at which sellers are submitting tickets. We probably won't see any real action until like June.

I think he was referring to receiving an email from STEP indicating you are in the queue (even though it's already confirmed in your burner profile,) instead of the actual email offering a ticket.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Camp Name: Frosty Phoques

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:27 am

If there's a confirmation in your burner profile account (which you can log into at any time), then there'd be no need for an email notification.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:06 am

Thank Trlio... that is also confirmed by Tech Support. Just a rumor going around. :wink:
Capn Crunch

Postby nikster » Wed May 28, 2014 6:50 pm

I signed up for 2 tickets via STEP, now a friend offered me one of his. But I still need the second for my brother.

So when STEP comes through do I get offered the chance of only taking one of the two tickets? Can I change my STEP application to one ticket?

For now, I've not committed to getting my friend's ticket b/c I don't want to end up with three, then have to sell tickets. The thing is it's easy to sell a ticket now but it's likely that towards the end there's going to be a huge rush to get rid of tickets and it can get difficult to sell them again.

I mean, chances are pretty good to get the 2 I queued up for, I signed up about 10 minutes into the sale. Last year a friend signed up a month late, and he was still offered a ticket in July. Still a ticket in hand makes for peace of mind so I can organize international flights, car rentals and such.
nikster

Postby trilobyte » Thu May 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Offhand I couldn't tell you. Have you checked the ticket support FAQ (linked in my signature and dozens of places here and on the ticket page)? If it's not covered there, I'd contact the ticket support team to confirm.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby nikster » Sat May 31, 2014 9:12 am

I have checked and did not find that info in the FAQ. Namely whether, when my 2 tickets become available, I'm given the change to only take one.
nikster

Postby gustavh » Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 am

I am in the same situation. I registered for 2 tickets and a vehicle pass, then my fiance was offered one low income ticket. Now I only need one ticket, I couldn't find any info either so I contacted ticket support and asked if I needed to change my STEP info. Ticket support responded saying there was no need to change. My unanswered question is still: will I be offered tickets as they become available? Ie, if one ticket drops in to STEP and I am next in line, will it be offered to me or the next person who only registered for one?
gustavh

Burning Since: 2011

Postby EmilyD » Sat May 31, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm probably missing it somewhere but I did try to research this question. I just need to buy 1 vehicle pass. We already have two tickets and one VP but now my husband is also bringing his artcar and coming on a different day than I am. There doesn't seem to be a mechanism for us to purchase just one vehicle pass on it's own. Is that correct?
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!
EmilyD

Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 am

Tickets are offered as they come in.

No, you may not register for STEP for a vehicle pass only. A vehicle pass may be purchased in STEP, but only as part of the purchase of tickets.

Vehicle passes will be available in the OMG sale.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Shaman-n-KK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:00 am

I have a different point of view of this, maybe Trilo can assist? I put 2 tickets and 2 vehicle passes for resale into STEP 9 days ago...still no buyer. I find that very odd. Am I to believe there are no waiting buyers? Or that they've been offered to 3 buyers that allowed the 72 hour time limit to expire? Or, that for some reason, seller's tickets are queued in one at a time too? Seems like any and all available tickets should be snapped up ASAP, right? I've emailed Ticketing but haven't heard back yet. Call me impatient but I never imagined I'd be waiting for a buyer to bite...
"Shaman-n-KK: Campaigning for a DBag-free Playa experience since 2000"
Shaman-n-KK

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: OSIRIS

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Shaman-n-KK wrote:Or that they've been offered to 3 buyers that allowed the 72 hour time limit to expire?

Probably this, as annoying as it is. It's one reason we wish that people who no longer wanted the tickets would email back & release them to the next person. (this is, of course, all speculation. I don't have any more insight into what's going on behind the scenes with STEP than most of you do, other than the randomness of it all)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Shaman-n-KK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks for your reply, Eric! I feel as impatient as those waiting for tix! I offered them into STEP so someone could have the satisfaction of knowing they had tickets ASAP, rather than waiting for them to ship. I appreciate the input...I'll now return to watching the proverbial pot, already in progress. :?
"Shaman-n-KK: Campaigning for a DBag-free Playa experience since 2000"
Shaman-n-KK

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: OSIRIS

Postby Dizzy Allen » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:09 pm

this is frustrating i tried on day one to get tickets as soon as they went on sale and couldn't get through i didnt know about signing up on ticket fly. And i signed up for step the second i could log onto the burner site after it was crashed for the first little bit. Know i come home every day to check this Email that I PRAY to the Dust Gods i get And i hate checking my email and everyday i am disapointed
Dizzy Allen

Camp Name: Art car Bus stop

Postby gustavh » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Shaman-n-KK wrote:Thanks for your reply, Eric! I feel as impatient as those waiting for tix! I offered them into STEP so someone could have the satisfaction of knowing they had tickets ASAP, rather than waiting for them to ship. I appreciate the input...I'll now return to watching the proverbial pot, already in progress. :?

Just curious if your tickets are still in the queue or did they get purchased?
gustavh

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Dizzy Allen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:36 pm

i check my email and hope for those tickets every day
please a little dust on my cake tonight
Dizzy Allen

Camp Name: Art car Bus stop

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion