two registration codes (hubby and me)- one computer

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

two registration codes (hubby and me)- one computer

Postby Krystal Clear » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:32 am

two registration codes (hubby and me)- one computer. Do I try for both at the same time on two windows? Does this increase or decrease my chances of getting tickets? Does it matter? thx
Krystal Clear

Burning Since: 2005

Re: two registration codes- one computer

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 am

Having multiple browser windows open doesn't help you. But there are other things to consider. Creating multiple accounts for the purposes of gaming the system (increasing chances, gaming the system, etc) is not allowed. Burner profiles and ticket sales will be reviewed after the sale (and before tickets are mailed out in the summer), and questionable orders will be flagged for review and could be canceled.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: two registration codes (hubby and me)- one computer

Postby Krystal Clear » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 am

Right, that is why I wondered if it is not OK to try for tickets with two registration codes on one computer. If my husband wasn't on a boat fishing in the middle of Lake Powell right now, he would be online on a different computer and trying for them. Do you consider gaming the system that we both have a burner profiles and that I would like to try to get our two tickets this way?
Krystal Clear

Postby remi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:00 am

I don't think it'll matter that you use the same computer.. I would be more worried about buying two sets of tickets to the same address to people with the same last name... I'm no computer wiz, but I think this might be something that the ticket people would flag.

I plan on purchasing a ticket for my gf and I with my registration info on my laptop, and I will also be on my desktop using my roommates registration and cc to purchase his one ticket. His CC's address is still connected to his former address (his parents address,) so I don't think that will get flagged, and I'm also no gamming anything here.. he's busy at work so I'm just doing what he would be doing if he were able to get the afternoon off work.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby Canoe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 am

You might be filtered out as gaming the system; both orders are cancelled. Have one of you buy both tickets, and you're safe. Your choice.

Don't forget that this year you also need a Vehicle Pass per vehicle, if you're driving there.
Odd. No bears to watch in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby Krystal Clear » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 am

Thank you! I will buy the two tickets in my name. If my hubby is a good boy ALL year, I'll give him a ticket! :) No need to worry that trying to buy them through two registration codes could CANCEL the ticket purchase. Oh, that would be bad...that would be VERY bad. Good luck to all!
Krystal Clear

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 am

Nope, neither I nor the ticket team would consider significant others as gaming the system. Flagged for review means that the orders would be reviewed by a human. They've got a pretty good track record of separating legitimate cases from people who do try to game the system (it's unfortunate, but lots of people do try). You should be all set to go.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion