CC question (how screwed am i?)

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

CC question (how screwed am i?)

Postby Gobkin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 pm

So, I have lost my wallet this past weekend. Needless to say my cc was in it. Now it will take a week or so to get a new one. On the ticket support page it says I cannot use anyone else's cc to purchase ticket. What are my options at this point?
Gobkin

Burning Since: 2013

Re: CC question (how screwed am i?)

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Get one of those credit cards that have a positive balance of whatever amount and add $400+ to it to cover the costs.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:04 pm

What Fishy said - some banks offer, and most of those check cashing places offer a pre-paid MC/V card. You bring them cash, and for a fee they'll turn that into a pre-paid card that you can activate and use same-day.

When getting a pre-paid card, make sure to have the card put in your name (I think by default they have no name assigned), and check the daily spending limit. Contact the customer service department of the issuing institution to make sure that your name is on the card, and to get an exception set up for your ticket purchase (if they have a daily limit), that way your purchase wouldn't be declined.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Gobkin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Thats definitely an option. thanks guys!
Gobkin

Burning Since: 2013

Postby VultureChow » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Wal-mart has a card you can load as well.

Also, some banks can get you a temporary replacement debit card that same day. Bank of America did that for me and once activated, the temp card worked perfectly well for my ticket purchase.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby Canoe » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Watch out that to get a name assigned, this usually means a pre-paid Credit Card, not a Gift Card.
A pre-paid Credit Card version should have your name assigned to it, as part of anti-money-laundering rules/laws as per the jurisdiction.
AAA offers such as a "travel money" card, which in 2010 had the name assignment as per the money-laundering rules. Purchasing such a card was also available to non-members (me at the time), but you did need to provide ID and provide additional identification information, as per those rules. Your bank should already have such information, for meeting their requirements.

Check their site. Give them a call. Mine was funded and enabled within an hour of walking in their door.
Highway to Hell. Stairway to Heaven.Traffic prediction?
Odd. No bears in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby Bexx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:09 am

And don't forget - you can only use Visa or MasterCard - credit card or debit. I somehow always forget this!
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!
Bexx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion