Will my low income ticket be revoked/application be rejected

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Will my low income ticket be revoked/application be rejected

Postby samhandwich22 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi,
I make minimum wage and was hoping to apply for a low income ticket this year. Last year I had my low income ticket revoked because I participated in the main sale, however. I am wondering if the burning man staff will see this in my history and reject my application or later revoke my ticket as a result?

I was not trying to commit a transgression last year, I just did not know what I was doing as a new burner who panicked last minute about going. I also made minimum wage last year and they initially awarded me a low income ticket. I later participated in the main sale because I became concerned they might not accept my low income application (which i applied for relatively late), and I would be stuck without a ticket all together. A friend of mine realized my concerns and lent me a few hundred dollars to enable me to participate in the main sale, with the goal of having a secure ticket in mind. I am an honest person, I was just brand new to BM and did not understand or prepare well for the ticket sales last year.

Will the fact that I had my low income ticket revoked last year to what looks like a breach in policy on paper preclude me from receiving one this year? (I am not going to participate in the main sale unless I somehow get a surge on income in the very near future- unlikely).
I am going to be asking the ticketing staff about this as well but I thought I would put it here in case anyone had similar experiences
samhandwich22

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Will my low income ticket be revoked/application be reje

Postby Dr Helix » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 pm

My guess is yes. They will take that into account.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Yes the ticket support team should be able to answer your question. Don't worry, there's still plenty of time, as the low income application process doesn't even start until after the main sale (that you can't afford to participate in) is long since over. If you're asking now because there's a chance you could scrape together the money and so you're trying to figure out whether you should register, then register and scrape. The low income program is intended for those who just don't have the option of being able to participate in the main sale.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby samhandwich22 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:54 am

Official response: Information from previous years is not looked at

If I can scrape money for the main sale then I will purchase through there, but it is looking doubtful! Hopefully I will be approved for a low income ticket as that is my only chance of attending BM!
samhandwich22

Burning Since: 2013

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion