Suggestion: Make it clearer registration is not FCFS

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Suggestion: Make it clearer registration is not FCFS

Postby Dobonian » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Not a complaint, just a suggestion for a still-smoother process next time:

It wasn't crystal clear to me that individual sale registration had no first-come, first-served component to it. So I set myself an alarm and jumped right in there promptly at noon PST so I was sure to get good and registered.

Reading other folks' comments on this board, it seems I wasn't anywhere near the only one who felt he had to do that.

If it were more abundantly clear on the site that you can register *at any time* during the registration period, it might mean less stress on the server(s).

Thanks for listening!
The Way is not the way, but you can park there and walk the rest of the way.
Dobonian

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: HOVerlandia

Re: Suggestion: Make it clearer registration is not FCFS

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:40 pm

If you want to send feedback to the ticket team (and not just complain on a message board), do that by going to the Ticketing Support site linked in my signature.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood how pre-registering for the sale works. I've re-read the information on both the ticketing page and the ticketing support site, and nowhere in that information does it give me the impression that registration was first-come, first-serve. It seems pretty clear that you register by going to the site anytime between noon Thursday and noon Sunday. People always rush in asap for ticket sale registrations - that's not unique either to Burning Man or festivals. They get excited, and either want to get one step closer asap, want to get it out of the way, or think it somehow will give them luck, or some other reason. If you thought today was stressful, you may want to consult with your physician before the 26th :wink:
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Dobonian » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:35 am

Hey, like I said, just a suggestion, not a complaint! I'm way too busy experimenting with shaving all my hair and coating my body with silicone caulk (so as to eliminate possible sources of MOOP) to get stressed out about ticket registration. I thought the WEBSERVERS looked a little stressed, though. Poor things. They have a hard row.

As to the text seeming clear to you, well, that's why there's feedback, so folks can learn how things seem to others. I'll use the link in your sig, and thanks for suggesting it!
The Way is not the way, but you can park there and walk the rest of the way.
Dobonian

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: HOVerlandia

Postby Lughnasa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Dobonian, I didn't take your suggestion at all like a complaint. It's all good. Good luck with the individual sale!
Lughnasa

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:55 pm

I wouldn't have read it as a complaint if the suggestion had been made to the right people. It's only providing feedback if you're providing it to the people involved. Yes, ePlaya is full of burners and yes, we try to provide info and help people plan their adventure, but we're not the suggestion box. :wink:
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion