Directed group sale tix

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Directed group sale tix

Postby EspressoDude » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:25 am

interesting...if I go to my existing profile, over on the right is a promo code and a button "Enter directed group sale"
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby brcprincess » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Does anyone have any idea how many people are eligible for the directed ticket sales?

I understand there are 15,000 tickets available. If 7500 people are eligible and each purchase 2 tickets, it should be no problem.

But if there are significantly more people than tickets available, then some people will miss out.

Just wondering what the ratio is, and if it's going to wind up causing a headache if there's significant numbers who could potentially miss out.

brcprincess

Postby trilobyte » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

@EspressoDude - the ticket team should be able to help you with that. I'm not sure if the person wrangling the invites wasn't being careful (it had a built-in checker to make sure the email address they were entering matched the Burner Profile on record), or if you may have multiple profiles in the system. Either case, the team should be able to get it sorted in time for the sale.

@brcprincess - that information is not published, sorry. Being invited is definitely NOT a guarantee of being able to get tickets. Last year it took a couple days to sell out - even though there are more tickets in this year's sale, there are likely more groups participating.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby brcprincess » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks Trilobyte, appreciate the info.
brcprincess

Postby Ano » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm so tired of internal camp drama.

So, we had two of our leaders, a boyfriend/girlfriend pair, break up and kind of go omega on our group E-mail list. To skip to the end of a long boring story - the boyfriend has given away his burner profile, is done with this event, and is not intending on ever coming back, I guess. No harm done... So, we have his Burner Profile, and it's invited to the directed group sale. Obviously, we don't want to let this chance go away. If we changed the shipping address and had someone else purchase the tickets on a credit card with a different name, is it going to cause any problems? I can't really find a concrete answer, and I don't feel like poking the camp council right now just because emotions are high.
Ano

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Postby AntiM » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 pm

The burner profile is not invited to the directed sale, HE is. Contact ticketing and ask for an official decision. If it looks shady, you could lose all invites and placement.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Ano » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Does it need to be a named camp leader that contacts the ticketing team, or can it be any old joe? Things are incredibly toxic right now between folks and I want to get this sorted out cleanly without having to bother some high-emotion folks right now. I shouldn't have gotten involved with this bullcrap.
Ano

Postby AntiM » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Pretty sure it has to be the camp lead. Sorry it has turned so sour.

AntiM

Postby Ano » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:11 pm

I think we'll just let these tickets decay then, and try our hands in the main sale. Hell, there's not even a guarantee that this camp is going to exist at the rate things are going.
Ano

Postby AntiM » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Email ticketing in the morning, may as well check it out! Good luck.

Camp New Day?

AntiM

Postby ZaphodBurner » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Well, I got an awesome note from placement (I'm not being sarcastic... they're awesome) saying that since our camp only attends every other year, we weren't in the camp database to be eligible for STEP.

We're the only rolling root beer saloon on the playa, we bring absinthe, root beer, live music, bike repair, we've had a green LNT footprint every time we've attended since 2005, volunteered at the airport, Black Rock Beacon, the Gazette... LOL! The best we could do wasn't good enough because we simply didn't go last year.

No worries. We'll make it happen. Hopefully I can plant a seed of an idea so that they'll take Getting Off the Merry Go Round So Somebody Else Can Ride into account next year. See you all on the playa.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:52 am

@Ano - You guys need to get in touch with both the ticket team and the placement team (via placement@burningman.com) asap. The deadline for making changes to camp lead contacts was several weeks ago, but if you reach out asap and explain the situation they may be able to help you out. Good luck!

@ZaphodBurner - sorry to hear they weren't able to help you out (if it helps, not every camp who does attend every year is able to participate in the DGS - it really is a limited program). Fortunately, the directed group sale does take a lot of pressure off of the Individual Sale coming up at the end of the month, hopefully you and your campmates will be able to get the tickets you need.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Camp Name: Eridu Society

Previous

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion