2014 Ticketing Information

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: 2014 Ticketing Information

Postby Burning_Sherry » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 pm

I dont understand...
I registered my BM Profile on 14th Feb. and completed my profile.
But never received the email conformation with the Unique promo code.

Now I'm told that I've missed the cutoff to pre-register for access to the Individual Sale. Pfffff...
How can that be?? I've been checking the ticket page like twice a day since weeks.

Can't figure it out.
Would hate to miss out on BM this year.
Hope to find a solution on STEP.

If anyone has an unused promo code pls let me know. Thnx big time!!

-Burning Sherry
Burning_Sherry

Burning Since: 2014

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm

It sounds like you may not have read the posted information very carefully.

Yes, you needed to have a Burner Profile. But you also needed to log into your Burner Profile between noon PST on the 20th and 23rd to pre-register for the sale. Once you did that, you'd be issued a unique code for the sale.

Unique promo codes are not transferrable, and the Individual Sale has ended. Stay tuned for information and dates for STEP, as well as the ePlaya Ticketing boards (which should be opening up in the next several weeks).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 am

Some people are posting that they managed to get in line for tickets before noon.

We were told not to click in before noon.

What time did ticketfly actually start the sale?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:02 pm

I was monitoring the sale from my own computer, as were others in the room I was in. We all saw the gates open at exactly noon.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 pm

I should have known that.

There were just a few that said they got in a little before.

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby unitivity » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:39 am

i heard they sold out 38,000 tickets in 45 minutes. is this correct?

best regards

Unit
unit
unitivity

Postby Fidget » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:07 am

42 minutes, I believe.
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Fidget

Burning Since: 2013

Postby ACfromSAC » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:29 am

FIGJAM wrote:Some people are posting that they managed to get in line for tickets before noon.

We were told not to click in before noon.

What time did ticketfly actually start the sale?

I attempted a pre-noon log in, to no avail.
ACfromSAC

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am

Fidget wrote:42 minutes, I believe.

YEah, but if they were close, weren't they going to claim that anyway?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby trilobyte » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 am

I'm the one who verified it - start to finish, 42 minutes. It took me another several minutes to get the okay to post that it was over, and dig out from other messages.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 am

(By which I meant, in my sideways manner, ooh cool 42!)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:34 am

So the answer WAS 42!!!! 8)

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Pretty much...
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby unitivity » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:22 pm

i ordered two tickets and vehicle passes.i got them in 5 minutes of noon.

i want to give one away to my friend to meet them there. what do t do to make sure

we do not get in trouble thinking i have sold it for 10 times more to a stranger. or do i have to do anything. I am not interested in selling it

for more money. i am interested in gifting it or allowing my friend to give me the same amount i paid for it or come with me. if they come with me

can i give my vehicle pass to another friend if one of them comes with me in my rv? how do i register the changes to move the integrity to them for these

changes if i do and moxie i am not trying to as you say ( watch out what you do ! ). Do i have to eat the tickets if my friends do not go?

or give them back?
unit
unitivity

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm

You can sell back your tickets through the STEP program. Or you can sell them through your network of friends, relations and hangers-on. I'm less certain about vehicle passes because that's this year's new wrinkle.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby FossaFerox » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Assuming your tickets are being mailed to you, you do not need to do anything.

Hand it to your friend or mail it to them if necessary. Done.

Tickets are only voided if you're caught scalping, in which case all tickets bought by the scalper are also voided making buying marked up tickets (or buying from a stranger in the first place) VERY risky.

If you don't have someone to take with you, sell the ticket back through STEP once STEP opens up. You get back the ticket price and delivery price, but you eat the service charge TicketFly charged you.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.
FossaFerox

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Postby Canoe » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 pm

unitivity wrote:i ordered two tickets and vehicle passes... how do i register the changes to move the integrity to them for these
Do i have to eat the tickets if my friends do not go?

You don't have to change the name associated with the ORDER (there is no name attached to a Ticket, just to an Order; it's assumed tickets get spread around), unless it won't be you picking the tickets up from Will Call.
https://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic ... 69#p999469
You can sell tickets where you can, just not for an inflated price.
If through STEP, it's transparent to you.
Odd. No bears to watch in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby unitivity » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:49 pm

i would like to give the ticket to my next super model gold digging x wife, if i knew who the f__k that is.

good luck to all. when you know your going to die, it makes life more valuable.

burning man is a good way to spend the little time we have on earth. It makes you have hope

that some day all the money for war could be given to everyone in the world to live.

It shows the world how to do it. It can be done. Haves and have nots become one.

what is more fun than that? An example of heaven on earth that could spread to the whole world.

I call this motion of life Unitivity. I copy wrote this word and theory and someone stole it for a book.

what you gona do? love love love all you need is love! - Unitivity = scientific awareness of the whole.

It is a word to represent the design of a new religion based on science. An individual that lives this is called a unitivitist.

It accepts all the other religions as part of evolution and intra-accommodatable with science.

It accepts all humans with all possible thinking as a part of the eternal dymaxion unit.

Trilo and BMT thanks for the tickets.

best regards
unit
unitivity

Postby Bless » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Any idea when STEP dates will be announced?
FUCK YOU I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU I'M A SHARK.
Bless

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Canoe » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Odd. No bears to watch in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby KittyMeow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Due to a snafu with UPS and now Ticketfly, my tickets have been moved to Will Call by Ticketfly. UPS misdelivered the mail to my warehouse and then shipped the tickets back to Ticketfly as I was working Sonic Bloom in Denver and my tickets arrived in Los Angeles. Gene at Ticketfly, who took my support email and call (after a long long maze of questions and support information) said that it was Ticketfly's policy to NOT send them back to the user, rather they would just send them to Will Call and destroy the current physical tickets.

I asked if they had the tickets in hand.. they did. In the returned package.

I believe I'm arriving earlier than Will Call opens so that I can work on various camps that I've agreed to work at. I have early entry.
I bought two tickets, both in my name, but now I can't physically give the ticket to someone else, I'd have to go back out to will call on Sunday the 24th (my birthday incidentally) and get her squared away (or at least leave her name/ticket) then.

Can anyone suggest anything else? It seems like Ticketfly's policy is a bit restrictive. ie. they found my package.. just resend it. I paid extra money to have it UPS 2 day and now it's turning into a hassle due to UPS misdelivering it.
KittyMeow

Burning Since: 1997

Postby jneilvindy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:12 pm

This just popped up on burning man's facebook page.

The Man burns in 37 days, and if you’re nervous about getting to see it happen, we hear ya! Here are some updates about tickets to help you get there.

Already bought tickets and wondering where they are? Don’t panic. Tickets are going in the mail every day. We anticipate they’ll all be in the mail by the end of next week (August 1), making their way into your eager hands.

The Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) closes tomorrow at 12:00 pm PDT, which is Friday, July 25. If you have extra tickets slated for will call delivery, this is your last chance to submit them for resale to other Burners. If you still need tickets and are waiting in the STEP queue, offer links received before tomorrow at noon will be good for three more days (or 72 hours after they are sent).

Since the max population of Black Rock City will be 68,000 (same as last year), we’ve been able to free up some additional tickets for the community. In addition to the tickets sold back to participants, we’ve already put 1,500 tickets into STEP, and this week we’re adding 1,000 more. That means lots of people who have been in the queue for a long time will get tickets this week. Please note, however, the queue is quite long so signing up for STEP at this point is not advised.

We’re also placing 2,000 additional tickets in the OMG Sale, for a total of 3,000. Registration for the OMG sale begins on Thursday, July 31 at noon PDT and ends on Monday, August 4 at 12pm PDT. The OMG sale begins at noon 12pm on Wednesday, August 6. Registration details and other ticket info can be found at tickets.burningman.com.

And finally, ahhhh, the topic of scalpers. We’ve published a list of voided tickets. These tickets have been reported as stolen, lost in delivery, or as being sold for above face value, which violates the principles of our culture and the terms of purchase. These tickets and vehicle passes cannot be used for entry to Burning Man 2014. Check this list before you buy a ticket from a third party to protect yourself.

To learn about buying tickets more safely, please read the Fraud Prevention & Third Party Buyer Info section of our ticket support page. For more information you can also check out the ePlaya thread about scalpers and scammers.

Hope to see you in the dust, folks!
jneilvindy

Postby pink » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 pm

KittyMeow wrote:
I bought two tickets, both in my name, but now I can't physically give the ticket to someone else, I'd have to go back out to will call on Sunday the 24th (my birthday incidentally) and get her squared away (or at least leave her name/ticket) then.

Hey, this doesn't help your ticketing situation, but Sunday the 24th is my birthday too! Come by Retrofrolic & say hi & get a birthday hug. If I ever get my tickets, that is...
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 pm

KittyMeow wrote:UPS misdelivered the mail to my warehouse and then shipped the tickets back to Ticketfly as I was working Sonic Bloom in Denver and my tickets arrived in Los Angeles.

Not to question your situation, but where did UPS get your warehouse address from? I'm also assuming you filed a change of delivery address with TicketFly in the time they gave you? (I'm not trying to be snarky, this isn't clear in your post)

Contact ticketsupport@burningman.com and let them know your situation, especially that you ordered physical tickets because you're due on-site before Will Call opens. They'll need your order number, and let them know who you're getting your EA through in case they need to verify it. You can also give them the information you posted here.

Good luck!
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Jovankat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:52 am

Since the max population of Black Rock City will be 68,000 (same as last year), we’ve been able to free up some additional tickets for the community. In addition to the tickets sold back to participants, we’ve already put 1,500 tickets into STEP, and this week we’re adding 1,000 more. That means lots of people who have been in the queue for a long time will get tickets this week. Please note, however, the queue is quite long so signing up for STEP at this point is not advised.

We’re also placing 2,000 additional tickets in the OMG Sale, for a total of 3,000. Registration for the OMG sale begins on Thursday, July 31 at noon PDT and ends on Monday, August 4 at 12pm PDT. The OMG sale begins at noon 12pm on Wednesday, August 6. Registration details and other ticket info can be found at tickets.burningman.com.

Well that's all really good right?
it's just a fucking picnic in the desert, but it's with some of the best people on earth.
Jovankat

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby remi » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Jovankat wrote:

Well that's all really good right?

Yes it is, unless you think more OMG Sale people = more of the "less prepared" people (less prepared because they left it to the OMG sale,) meaning the chances of them being spectators is probably higher... carry the 1... ... .. Yeah.. more tickets is better.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby pink » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 am

Or just that they didn't get tickets in the main sale.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:31 am

pink wrote:Or just that they didn't get tickets in the main sale.

^This.
I have a couple of very prepared friends who don't get Directed tickets & didn't get a ticket in the Main Sale or through STEP. They are no less prepared than anyone on this board, just not as lucky as the ones who have a ticket.

The attitude that people who don't have tickets at this point are unprepared is the mark of someone who isn't recognizing that there simply aren't enough tickets for everyone who wants to go anymore. It has nothing to do with preparation or the kind of person they'll be on the playa.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:53 am

Blue Eyed Burners get Tickets because they're Better than Brown Eyed Burners....

duh.
fuck you, it's magic

it's not a fucking festival, it's a PROJECT.

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby unitivity » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:42 pm

IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND OUT if they sent the tickets to me yet. And make sure they were on the way. I had a successful buying of two tickets and vehicles passes but have not received them yet. They stated they were sending them mid june, i have not seen them?
unit
unitivity

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Tickets Discussion