help! displaced burner's in need of Playa home

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

help! displaced burner's in need of Playa home

Postby noizfuk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Hello,
My name is Eric, me and my newlywed wife have just driven across the country from Atlanta, and would love to find a last minute camp to join. Things have been so busy for us, we were late finding a Home on the Playa, we are great company, and very helpful, we just have been overwhelmed with travelling across the country and moving to the west coast all at same time. Do any of you awesome camps gave any space left?we can help cook and clean as well as help with general shenanagons. Don't really need any amenities, just looking for a chance to Make new friends on our adventure here, we have our own food and are radically self reliant, so not looking to burden. Have various keen jokes and visually stimulating gifts to share around. Please let me know if any of you have room for us, not sure if I can post my email but to give it a shot, johnnythunders242@gmail.com we are pulling into Reno late tonight, let me know of anyone needs help or just a chance to meet and greet
noizfuk

Burning Since: 2010

Re: help! displaced burner's in need of Playa home

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm

No cross posting, please. One thread is enough.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby danibel » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 pm

There is a chance you will find a camp at this late juncture, but really you do not need one. Hopefully you have a tent and some shade (or better yet a van or huxayurt). Bring all your stuff and find a nice spot to set up. Be sure to check in with neighbors when you think you have a spot. See if the vibe is cool and all that. You can pick up a camp stove and propane in Reno if you need to cook. Buy lots of baby wipes for washing.

Many people go without a camp and survive just fine. A lot of theme camps have dues and pre burn getting ready parties. You can also check the theme camp boards but by now the main organizers are probably onsite or in Reno.
In dust we trust.
danibel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Postby Mansoon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 am

Anat's Love Camp. 6:15 & D. Anat's prob already on-playa, and you can go by and talk to her, or hit me up for the details (it's not much). I'm still in Default World, until Monday, but some of my campmates are already there
Mansoon

Return to 2014 Theme Camps