First Time. Looking for Theme Camp

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

First Time. Looking for Theme Camp

Postby izoomi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:04 am

Just got our tickets super last minute. There's two of us and this will be our first year at Burning Man and we'd love to be a part of a theme camp. We're flying into SF and renting a van. We can probably fit a good amount of extra supplies in there if needed and we're happy to pay dues, contribute, take shifts. Thanks!
izoomi

Burning Since: 2014

Re: First Time. Looking for Theme Camp

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi Izoomi,

Everyone with a placed theme camp is on the road, or in the final stages and are no longer accepting members. I leave tonight and my crew hit the playa today!

If you have a van and a friend and tickets and a vehicle pass, you have a camp! Read all of the survival guide, and get yourself prepared. A camp is what you make it! Be friendly and open and be sure to introduce yourself to the neighbors before setting up. Work together and make your new community!

I'll be at the Cosmic Casbah at 5 & Gold. Come by and ride the zipline!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Re: First Time. Looking for Theme Camp

Postby MrBeardy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 pm

I know it is your first burn and you are probably nervous, but as long as you are prepared(which you should be with or without a theme camp) I'd suggest just finding open space and camping on your own. You'll make neighbors in no time which will become your camp, and you wont get tied down with lame responsibilities that many camps have members do. Your first burn you want to fly by the seat of your pants, so the more free the schedule the better! Enjoy your virgin burn!!
MrBeardy

Return to 2014 Theme Camps