STRANGELOVE - fly the friendly skies! (we need campmates!)

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

STRANGELOVE - fly the friendly skies! (we need campmates!)

Postby kpsf1964 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:42 am

Hi all,

I'm Wonder, co-lead (with the Count) of Strangelove.

We're a flight-themed camp based out of SFO that has a bar structure that looks like a chunk of broken airliner, complete with a business class with four airplane seats and a wing-shaped bar. We spin house and dubstep as the mood suits, as well as slinging 'the beverage of your choice', as your mood suits!

This year has been a great year for us - we were granted Theme Camp status and upgraded our bar and sound system! Yaaaaay! But nine of our core members are out this year because they made babies - um . . . yaaaaaaay!

We now have a bit of a dilemma: we are low on bodies to help set up the camp and run our awesome bar. We plan to have one-two DJ sets per day and serve beer and alcohol to anyone who comes by while the bar is manned. So we need fun people for flight crew...

We're specifically looking for folks who are willing to go in a little early (one of the beautiful things about Theme Camp status is early entry - we have 14 passes). Our storage unit is in Reno, so we'll be meeting Friday night and packing up Saturday morning early.

Bonus points for anyone with a truck and who lives in the Bay Area - ideally we could use help loading up the SF components like speakers, bar assembly, subwoofer, water, etc. And we're looking for folks like us - fun, genuine, open, smart, and focused on the minimal occasions when it's required.

Once on the Playa we'll need help setting up the camp - we've got big shade structures for the bar, tents, the kitchen, and we ave a solar shower and grey-water evap area that needs to go up. Also a chill-out dome. We should be able to knock everything out Saturday and early Sunday. The beauty of this is:

- early entry means no or shorter lines
- early entry means you get to explore the city while it's uncrowded and in progress.
- we have a FANTASTIC pre-set location at 5:15 and Darjeeling
- early set-up means more free time to wander for everyone
- kick-ass, full-service camp to come home to.
- NEW PLAYA FRIENDS!!!

Once we're done building everything out we'd like everyone to volunteer for a couple of shifts at the bar. We'll have more people coming in mid-week so Sunday-Monday-Tuesday shifts are more pressing. This is not a chore - it's really fun. Other than that, your time is your own - and we're a lot of fun to hang out with if you choose to. Please PM for details.
Attachments
Night.jpg
kpsf1964

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Strangelove

Re: STRANGELOVE - fly the friendly skies! (we need campmates

Postby kpsf1964 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm bumping this - I'm a bad human being . . .
kpsf1964

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Strangelove

Re: STRANGELOVE - fly the friendly skies! (we need campmates

Postby Razzle MCD » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Hey! This will be my first year at Burning Man and I'm super pumped. I just got my ticket today from a friend, and I'm looking to join a camp. Yours sounds awesome. I am well-versed in pretending like I know how to tend bar and I have frequent flyer accounts with a number of airlines, so you could say I'm a big deal. Let me know if you still have space,

~Razzle
Razzle MCD

Burning Since: 2014

Return to 2014 Theme Camps