Structure for Neighborhood Picture and Open for Ceremony

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Structure for Neighborhood Picture and Open for Ceremony

Postby GaryCFiields » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:44 pm

We are planning to build a large stair structure with viewing platform and would love to use it for a neighborhood picture (need a photographer!) and share it with others looking for ceremony space. The scale will hopefully make for a fun piece on the Playa! A rendering and pictures of the staircase (in two pieces) are attached. Stair width is 12 feet and the height of the platform is 30 feet. We don't have placement, so will build it where we can find the appropriate footprint!!

If anyone is interested in using the structure let me know, we are hoping it will be a fun versatile space!

photo 3.JPG
Rendering

photo 2.JPG
Top 1/3

photo 1.JPG
Bottom 2/3rds
GaryCFiields

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Jimdiana Jones's Virgin Temple

Re: Structure for Neighborhood Picture and Open for Ceremony

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Looks solid -

Dont forget to bring your prints. Safety Team is going to want to see them and to be honest I am not sure how placement works on art this large and unregistered. Looks solid here, although loading calculations may limit number of people on it at any given time. Especially with a span of 12 feet. That is a lot of meat stacked up if full.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby GreyCoyote » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:52 pm

This is the cool thing about Burning Man. I read this and just went "WHY?". And then for some inexplicable reason I immediately wanted to climb it!

My mental file calls it the "Stairway To Heaven". :mrgreen: Cant wait to see you in the dust! Me first! :mrgreen:
"Resistance is futile. You will be commodified"..."
c.f Larry Harvey, The BMOrg
GreyCoyote

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Looks like a fun piece - you should perhaps mention your camp name and location (if you're placed), or what part of the city you're aiming for (if you're not). Good luck - I hope to see it out there!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Jovankat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:36 pm

trilobyte wrote:you should perhaps mention your camp name and location (if you're placed), or what part of the city you're aiming for (if you're not).

Err...

GaryCFiields wrote: We don't have placement, so will build it where we can find the appropriate footprint!!

Jeez Trilo anyone would think you were run of your feet prepping for a big event and busy moderating a large forum for it ;)
'STRAYA DAY: Aussie Themed BBQ Party: Tues 2pm to 6pm, The Flamingo Trap 4:15 & D
The official playa meet up for Aussies. Everyone else; come try some delicious Aussie snacks

YOU'RE INVITED TO MY WEDDING!
RSVP here. You may even get fed!
Jovankat

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: The Flamingo Trap

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Oops, sorry I missed the bit about not being placed. Still, if you have an idea as to what part of town you're aiming for, that might help. It won't need to be that specific, since I imagine you could see a 30 foot structure from a few blocks away.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby dubflip » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:51 pm

I would love to take photos from that structure but I'm not sure how I would find you. I'll stop by If I see your stairs
dubflip

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby GaryCFiields » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks guys. We will register our location for playa info once we find a spot. We are aiming to be in the 7:30-9:00 area past G.
GaryCFiields

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Jimdiana Jones's Virgin Temple

Return to 2014 Theme Camps