Heya! 1st time lady in SF: need a camp&transport

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Heya! 1st time lady in SF: need a camp&transport

Postby nitashaNYC-SF » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Hey there,

I'm a first-time Burner. I got my ticket during the OMG Sale, but that's all I've locked down so far. I live in San Francisco and I'm looking for a camp. I've read the survival guides, so I know what I need to bring (for the most part). I'm just really hoping to find folks who have a space in their camp (happy to pay dues! happy to offer labors/supplies/whatever's needed). In terms of getting there, if anyone needs someone to kick in for car rental and gas money, I'm your girl. Or if I should really be flying? That kind of logistical tangle I could use any advice with.

Thanks for shining your wisdom/experience/tent down on on a noob like me. I'm at 917.318.7531 or nitashatiku@gmail.com
nitashaNYC-SF

Burning Since: 2014

Re: Heya! 1st time lady in SF: need a camp&transport

Postby Ratty » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Welcome nitasha, Spend a few hours reading this board. Do research. Prepare yourself. Buy stuff. Bring stuff. Ask for help. Can't wait to meet cha. Have a great burn.

Most of us have been preparing for 350 days so it's hard to be generous and give our time, (while we are busy packing), to those who came to the party late. Don't despair. There is time to get prepared and have a ball. Do some research and then ask for help. Kiss , kiss.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG
Ratty

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Sporks are For Pussys

Postby nitashaNYC-SF » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Gotcha. Yes unfortunately I'm way late to the game. But thanks in any case for getting back to me. xoxo
nitashaNYC-SF

Burning Since: 2014

Postby Elorrum » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:40 pm

nitashaNYC-SF wrote:Thanks for shining your wisdom/experience/tent down on on a noob like me. I'm at XXXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXX

Best to ask for contact here via the board personal messaging, or PM.
Are you asking for someone to help you out with a tent, and transport? Those aren't good signs.
Please read all the resources available on the main website: Survival Guide, first timer's guide.
The survival guide has a basic checklist.
You are in scramble mode, you can do it, but don't expect care and feeding from somebody else. This isn't meanness, it's concern, and best wishes for you to find your own way.

check out threads here for rideshare, and RV share, I'm seeing leads in the new posts.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
There’s no WIFI but you’ll surely make a better connection.
Elorrum

Postby Savannah » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Maybe she's joking about sharing a tent because it sounds funny at the end of "wisdom/experience/tent". I hope. If not, get a tent! :) Very little to no mesh, though. Use spring clamps and fleece to cover any exposed mesh. Get 10" stakes. You'll need it shaded or you will be up at 7am and have to leave that tent by 8am or perish.

You might do well with Burner Express or Green Tortoise Adventure Travel. Lots of camps are full at this point. A few are looking, but it's good to know when you approach camps that it's late in the year and they want to know why you're awesome . . . don't lead with need, lead with your skills.

You might also like to look in the 2014 Share Resources forum here and see if there's an RV share. People back out of RVs all the time leaving empty spots that no one wants to pay for. Try and find an RV with 4 or fewer people if you can, no matter how many it claims to house. Trust us on that one.

Good luck & welcome!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Thecatman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:28 pm

WELCOM!!
I'd be careful of posting your telephone number.

Good luck to you and I hope you find your needs of getting to TTITD
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:24 am

I'm moving this over to the theme camps board, since that's a better fit for "where do I camp" threads. You may also want to look at the Share Reources board (as well as the Burning Man rideshare board) for help with getting to the playa, and maybe consider the Burner Express bus. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2014 Theme Camps