In search of a plot of land

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

In search of a plot of land

Postby Anelisamichelle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Howdy Burners! As the title says, I am looking for a plot of land.
What this means is...
I am a Greeter with an early entry pass which will let me in on Thursday. As of last year, anyone arriving early not placed with a theme camp, mustn't camp any closer to the man than G. This isn't close enough for me. If I had my dream location, it would be somewhere between 8:30 and 9:15, C and E.
So this brings me to my proposal. Are there any camps out there somewhere within this vicinity (although doesn't have to be exact) who might have a little extra land, who also might need an extra person to help them set up pre-event?
I am looking for a camp who wouldn't mind having a neighbor within their boundaries, but I don't want to use your kitchen, your power, your....etc. This will be my 6th Burn, and 2nd year greeting. I've been heavily involved in building an art car, a theme camp, and was the Earth Guardian contact for said camp. All that being said, I can handle my crap, am an avid de-mooper, and will bring you nothing but good vibes. I've got a car, a tent, and an EZ up. That's it.

I'd love to show my gratitude by helping you set up your camp. I have greeters shifts every day so we would need to discuss ahead of time what the expectations are, (as far as time and such) but I think this could be a mutually beneficial experience.

I would especially love it if the camp were into some form of healing arts or self discovery, or a fun bunch of goofy prpranksters, but I am open to all possibilities.

Thank you!
Anelisamichelle

Burning Since: 2009

Re: In search of a plot of land

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:07 am

If that doesn't work out, you could just move when it becomes open-season. There's no rule against moving.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Anelisamichelle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:46 am

Very true. But a lot of work. That was the plan last year but it didn't work out so well...
Anelisamichelle

Postby Anelisamichelle » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:02 am

Did I mention I'm a really hard worker...? ;)
Anelisamichelle

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

Is anyone going to say: Hey, I won't do a lick of work, bring me a mint julep, stat?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2014 Theme Camps