Camp PlayApology@9:00 Plaza Seeks Campers!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Camp PlayApology@9:00 Plaza Seeks Campers!

Postby zeldasweet » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:15 am

After a successful bow in 2013, Black Rock City’s first “Custom Apology Delivery Service” returns to help to BRC citizens who have behaved badly. Turns out burners have a lot to apologize for.

We will be located in the 9:00 Plaza and looking for festive campmates.

What the hell is PlayApology? Over the years, we've heard about so many camps that turn into hot beds of resentment and anger: tons of chores, campmates who disappear when there is work to do, order-barking camp leaders drunk on power...oh, the complaints we've overheard are endless. For those BRC residents who have done somebody wrong and see the value in apologizing, BUT want to avoid apologizing in person....Camp PlayApology will do it for you, maybe poorly, but sorry is better than not sorry. It's like delivering the mail only instead of mail, it's an apology. We even help the transgressor craft a worthy apology with clever cards, plastic flowers and bottles of wine. And we have a bar, Liquid Regret.

We are a camp that laughs at high drama. Our core members are from LA and AZ. We are seasoned burners, mid 30s to late-40s.

We offer a heated shower, shade and a communal kitchen, but no group meal plan so we are looking for campers with the ability to feed themselves. Our motto: leave no trace and wash your own dishes. We are open to RVs, tents & yurts. It will be a small camp, 15-20 peeps max, depending on the number of vehicles and tents we have to accommodate. Please PM to discuss details.

Interested candidates must complete 2 weeks of official "Apology Training" before the event in a windowless Holiday Inn conference room where you will be evaluated and judged. Or you can just send an email and tell us all about your bad self.

email Socrateasa at campplayapology@gmail.com

Burn Bright!
zeldasweet

Burning Since: 2006

Re: Camp PlayApology@9:00 Plaza Seeks Campers!

Postby zeldasweet » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 am

Sadly, we do not have any extra vehicle passes.
zeldasweet

Postby zeldasweet » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 pm

We are especially looking for more women!For some reason, mostly men are asking to join our camp. I am becoming an endangered species at Camp PlayApolgy-I need some sisters!!! Come on Ladies--this camp is fantastic and fun.
zeldasweet

Postby Savannah » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:43 pm

After a successful bow in 2013, Black Rock City’s first “Custom Apology Delivery Service” returns to help to BRC citizens who have behaved badly. Turns out burners have a lot to apologize for.

:lol:

Clever idea. I hope you get a few more ladies to balance out the energy; it sounds like a fun place.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby zeldasweet » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 am

We are now Full.
Have great Burn!
zeldasweet

Return to 2014 Theme Camps