9:00 Neighborhood Camps

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Re: 9:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby BirthChazz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Aww you rule!! Typing on my tiny phone does not lead to great posts. I appreciate the proper link!

Xo
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” George Washington Carver
BirthChazz

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Valhalla

Postby Crockett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 am

Here's a Google Map of the 9:00 Sector! Add your camp if it's not already listed, or adjust your existing camp location, description, etc.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 5aPNbgSvFI

Also, feel free to share with the other sectors if we want to fill this thing out to the max. Only limitation is that we can only add up to three layers with the free version.

Tips for adding your camp:
1) Zoom into the playa easily by searching for "Black Rock City, NV".
2) Place your camp by selecting the pin tool below the search bar and manually place it.
3) Type your full address (e.g. 9:15 & Isfahan).
4) You may need to manually drag your pin back to it's location (Google Maps doesn't handle the :15s and :45s very well).
5) Contact me for any help!
Sincerely Yours,
Crockett!

http://www.facebook.com/FlirtCampSF
Crockett

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Flirt Camp

Postby FossaFerox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:32 am

Love the map. Thanks!
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.
FossaFerox

Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Postby calm » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Hyperbole: 9:30 & C

temples to all the elements/ live improv music area.

make your own orgonite dildo wednesday at 4pm
Black rock city Gem and Mineral show: thursday 4pm-? (featuring live music then sets from Biolumigen, Duffrey, naudible, and Subconscious)
calm

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:40 pm

That map is bad ass!!!!! Thanks!!!

Anybody know where DISTRICT is this year? We are pretty close to their typical placement area and I'm thinking about possible camp layout modifications if we have to take a super large sound neighbor in account.

Carry on Tokyo.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Crockett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:That map is bad ass!!!!! Thanks!!!

You're welcome! Really happy to see how many other camps have already added themselves to the map (i.e. Participation).

DISTRIKT will be at 9:00 & Gold again this year.

By the way, there is a Facebook group for the 9:00 "Tokyo Sector (Funky Town)" on Facebook where camps are also posting their locations and happenings: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tokyosector/
Sincerely Yours,
Crockett!

Crockett

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks! Just joined up.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby tahiti_treat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:19 am

This will be NoTown's first year as a placed theme camp. We will be within the Black Rock City Science Centre village, located at 9:15 and B (the village also has frontage at 9:15 and C). We have a small bar serving good old Canadian rye whisky. Planned hours are 4-6 pm Tues - Thurs and whenever else we feel like it. Stop by, have a drink, relax in our hammocks and play some games with us!
tahiti_treat

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: NoTown

Postby Dopa » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Tasty Noodles will be at 8 and E along with Camp Charlie, Dirty Beetles and Transmorphagon at the Sunset Trip village!

Noodles will be hosting day parties every day!

Cant wait to get weird with yall
Dopa

Camp Name: Tasty Noodles

Postby Crockett » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Fill out this survey to add your 9:00 Tokyo Sector Theme Camp's events to the list!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13QgL7wqQlv7yLJI2eLQMzmkpCAdg3_sCwHVGd1PyhLg/viewform?usp=send_form
Sincerely Yours,
Crockett!

Crockett

Postby chromatest » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:58 pm

FossaFerox wrote:Just got the good word. Vinyl Bunker is officially debuting on E street near 9:15!

Join us in the middle of the day for some hard lemonade, 50s music, and a selection of games on our front lawn. I'm absurdly excited.

Hooray! The Fucking Flamingos are also at 9:15 & E. We'll have lots of random fun and bar during the day and quadraphonic chill-out/freak-out sets a few nights. Is anybody interested in listening to Dante's Inferno as performed by FM Einheit on Radio 1? I'm thinking about doing that as well.

Also, you'll see the debut of our Fucking Flamingo mutant vehicle!!!

Also, also, pickles. (while they last)

-chromatest
-"Rip me in half, I'll make love to myself."-
chromatest

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: The Fucking Flamingos

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:51 pm

One of these days, all the flamingo camps are going to be gathered together in a flamingo ghetto.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby FossaFerox » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:35 pm

I honestly suspect that was their intention, though somehow FlamingosFTW escaped to the far side of the city.

Super excited to see your project, Chroma. I wish I was able to help out with the soldering, the craft party sounded fun. I'm guessing we'll be neighbors (or at most one or two camps away) since we also have a village at 9:15 and E which will probably take up one side of the street while pushing us non-villagers at that address to the other. See you in the dust.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.
FossaFerox

Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Postby HCB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Horny Camp checking in at 8:30 & Basra!

Our sixth year (?) in offering daily workshops making your own wearable clay horns to rock all over the playa. Now a part of the illustrious Menagerie Village with our good pals Scotch n' Hop. Come say hi to our virgins!

http://www.hornycamp.com
HCB

Camp Name: Horny Camp

Postby fuse » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Eyeland Oasis isn't going this year but some of us peeps can't be stopped.
Be so great to find room for 4 around 9ish.
a mix of 60 and 20 somethings, usually good fun and almost always helpful.
we're in Tuesday to Tuesday.
peace- out.
Peace.
fuse

Postby greggles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 pm

At 9.30 Jade please come and find TEAM HUMAN. Just a short walk from DISTRIKT
A 100 strong team of mostly brits :)
We have a traditional British boozer (the Queen Dick) with kegs of draught beer on tap (carefully selected)
Decent shade, couches, British music, cockney banter, pretty girls and pearly queens.

See you in a jiffy!

greggles

Camp Name: Team Human

Postby frinetik » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:19 am

Arg, my house doesn't have enough triangles that add up to more than 180 degrees! (my now-wife gave me a book on geodesic math years ago and my head almost exploded. I know some ways to make it work though.)

9:00 continues to be the only neighborhood you'll ever need day and night.

Thank you Papa Bear and Sparkleballs - with a very few comments I've already promised to relate I welcome whichever of you is new to placing. Thank you for following up midweek, and I'm sad I missed you then. Everything my wife related encouraged me. If it is indeed your first time 'round, thanks not only for the placing, but explaining why we keep getting the placing we do. I thought we were being punished, but flipped around like you did I appreciate the great compliment you give us.

We just rolled back into the upper class ghetto of Denver just a bit ago after 4 hours of just my double-spine-fusion wife and aging-lower-back complete wussy trying to load a simple truck bed trailer in a storage unit that didn't accommodate the total length of the van+trailer and had a 9" lip on it with ridiculously cracked tires at peak heat, 1200 miles with 3 hotel stays, and a surge of adrenaline at what appears to be 5:09MDT. There's more to say and much to discuss, but a couple more Knob Creeks will help me to fall asleep at the same time I did all last week (if at all), when the sky started to glow.

I fucking hate you guys and it was great to meet each one of you I did (which I think was 1000 this year again). (not to mention the ones sucked in by the Tool and White Stripes and Salt 'n' Pepa and Tupac all night)
fri-'net-ik
A Camp with No Name
Catercorner from Distrikt's stage
Last edited by frinetik on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
frinetik

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: A Camp with No Name

Postby frinetik » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:34 am

[quote="chromatest"][quote="FossaFerox"]Just got the good word. Vinyl Bunker is officially debuting on E street near 9:15!

Join us in the middle of the day for some hard lemonade, 50s music, and a selection of games on our front lawn. I'm absurdly excited.[/quote]

Hooray! The Fucking Flamingos are also at 9:15 & E. We'll have lots of random fun and bar during the day and quadraphonic chill-out/freak-out sets a few nights. Is anybody interested in listening to Dante's Inferno as performed by FM Einheit on Radio 1? I'm thinking about doing that as well.

-chromatest[/quote]

I didn't try to jump on, but it was lovely riding back and forth all week.
fri-'net-ik
A Camp with No Name
frinetik

Postby frinetik » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:46 pm

frinetik wrote:
chromatest wrote:
FossaFerox wrote:Just got the good word. Vinyl Bunker is officially debuting on E street near 9:15!

Join us in the middle of the day for some hard lemonade, 50s music, and a selection of games on our front lawn. I'm absurdly excited.

-chromatest

I didn't try to jump on, but it was lovely riding back and forth all week.
fri-'net-ik
A Camp with No Name

My bad, can't remember the last time I posted here. That should look better.
fri-'
frinetik

Previous

Return to 2014 Theme Camps