6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Re: 6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby Sunbeam56 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 am

"Fish out of Water" camp was placed at 6:30 and B.
After considerable soul searching - we returned the placement.
We are committed to supporting Elliot's small unrelated band of misfits and recreationals.
So Fish out of water will be somewhere between G and H, on 5:00 - look for the camels... :)
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Postby Patsh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:55 am

delle wrote:6:30! Nice!!!

Longest bike-ride of the year is traditionally trying to wend back from the M&G.

Almost even made it last year.... Until I crashed into my tent.

gotta admit, that was funny....
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby delle » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:59 am

Still is. :roll:
GYPSY! We need your opinion on this. STAT!!
delle

Postby rblazer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:18 pm

MINSTRAL CrAMP at 6:00 & D is an ongoing camp looking for folks like YOU to come play on our stage! We are also co-located with a folk dancing (contra dance etc) camp across the street which always has a PA, huge dance floor, and acoustic house band playing for dancers. Perhaps more folks -like the bluegrassers and so forth - will co-locate with us in coming years and we can evolve an Acoustic Zone................!
rblazer

Postby Papa Bear » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm informed that the HeeBeeGeeBee Healers will be located at 6:15 and G.
Papa Bear

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash, HeeBeeGeeBee Healers

Postby Jim-dandy! » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:06 am

Anat’s Love Camp will be located at 6:15 & Ephesus to Darjeeling.

Come share the energy of love with our wonderful camp community and enjoy each other; we love meeting people from all over. This year Anat will be celebrating her 20th year attending Burning Man! She will be dancing & performing at the camp & in the fashion show wearing her many wonderful costumes and she will teach Brazilian Samba dance.
Jim-dandy!

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Anat's Love Camp

Postby moonwatcher » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:20 pm

The Dusty Beavers (1st time placed as theme camp) and the venerable camp Midnight Poutine have been colocated at 6:15 & D.

Midnight Poutine will once again serve hot poutine from midnight to 3am Monday-Friday.
The Dusty Beavers will serve hot maple taffe on snow sometime after dark - every other day. Yes, you read correctly: snow.

A little corner of Québec on the Playa.
Both camps are extremely diverse with folks coming from Canada, Europe (France and Germany), as well as the USofA.

Come visit!
If you are our neighbors, a very special Hello for both our Camps.
Buy the ticket, take the ride!
moonwatcher

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: The Dusty Beavers

Postby xdwingdx » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 am

I am so going to get my Poutine on! love when you get to try something new on the playa.

If anyone forgots their toothbrush, come find Zen as Fuck at 6/615 and E. all brushes are individually wrapped.
xdwingdx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Zen as Fuck

Postby ^Rhino! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:00 am

moonwatcher wrote:The Dusty Beavers (1st time placed as theme camp) and the venerable camp Midnight Poutine have been colocated at 6:15 & D.

Midnight Poutine will once again serve hot poutine from midnight to 3am Monday-Friday.
The Dusty Beavers will serve hot maple taffe on snow sometime after dark - every other day. Yes, you read correctly: snow.

A little corner of Québec on the Playa.
Both camps are extremely diverse with folks coming from Canada, Europe (France and Germany), as well as the USofA.

Come visit!
If you are our neighbors, a very special Hello for both our Camps.

Holy smokes! Which variant of poutine will you be serving? Will you serve different types different nights?

I know of several that would interest me - Sugar Shack poutine (from Ottawa), Chips and Gravy, or even Chips, Dressing and Gravy (that Newfie variant, eh?). This looks like cholesterol gone wild. Wonderful.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
^Rhino!

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Postby Crockett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

Here's a Google Map of Theme Camps at Burning Man 2014! Feel free to add your camp if it's not already listed, or adjust your existing camp location, description, etc.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 5aPNbgSvFI

Please use the existing layer as I'm going to reserve other layers for BRC services, such as Medical & Ranger stations, ice locations, etc.

Tips for adding your camp:
1) Zoom into the playa easily by searching for "Black Rock City, NV".
2) Place your camp by selecting the pin tool below the search bar and manually place it.
3) Type your full address (e.g. 9:15 & Isfahan).
4) You may need to manually drag your pin back to it's location (Google Maps doesn't handle the :15s and :45s very well).
5) Contact me for any help!
Sincerely Yours,
Crockett!

http://www.facebook.com/FlirtCampSF
Crockett

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Flirt Camp

Postby Slug » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Camp DIY is placed near 6:00 & G this year !! (We were a little closer to center camp last year and had a blast with our frontage on 6th so I'm very excited for the new digs.)

We're all about doing it ourselves and teaching/learning new ways to do it not buy it! (not *that* :oops: .... but... yea sure that too.)

DIY submitted a lot of awesome events to the WWW and hopefully we'll get the same great turnout that we did last year. We'd all love for you to come by and check out what we're offering:
    1. Roasting Your Own Coffee
    2. DIY Body Products
    3. Digital Fabrication
    4. Intermediate Survival Skills
    and especially our Maker/DIY-er Meet and Greet on Friday!

plus more I'm probably forgetting about entirely. So please come by and say Hi and see what we're doin'. :D

Slug
Slug

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: CampDIY

Postby bbraasch » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Wheel of Life camp will be at 6:15 and Darjeeling. We were on the Rod's Road side of Burning Tarot last year. This year the Wheel will be in one of the souks at the caravansary tents that will surround the man, so we'll be there more than at our camp, but we rely on the kindness of strangers, and it's good to see that kind strangers will be serving poutine at midnight!
bbraasch

Camp Name: wheel of life

Postby Mojojita » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Woo Hoo! Barbie Death Village is in the hood!!!!!

Jungle camp will once again be at the corner of 5:45 and H (ish).
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby The Rat Lady » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Mobility Camp will be back at 7:00 on the inner circle:)
Stop by, say hi.
Things are looking good for the "Short Bus" this year...keeping our fingers crossed.
Our 4 x daily Art Tours (mobility impaired always given priority ) start at 5:45 am..come on..we dare ya:)
We will also be having a short workshop on Wed. at noon on "How to be more wheelchair friendly" going over simple stuff you can do during the planning stages that will make your Camp/Art/Art Car or Bar more Radically Inclusive by being Radically Accessible.
Grab some books from the BookCrossing Zone!
Decorate yourself at the Temp. Tattoo station!
Find something fun (or leave something fun) in the "Gifting Box"!

Rat Lady
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC DoA/ Mobility Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:13 pm

The Rat Lady wrote:We will also be having a short workshop on Wed. at noon on "How to be more wheelchair friendly" going over simple stuff you can do during the planning stages that will make your Camp/Art/Art Car or Bar more Radically Inclusive by being Radically Accessible.

I may never go back to the playa, but thank you for this. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby SecretOperativeBear » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:55 am

BRC Recycle Camp is at 5:50 - 6:00 Inner Ring, just south of the Cafe. For the last few years Lamplighters have been our neighbors.

Swing on by (Monday thru Sunday, Between 9am - 5pm) with your aluminum cans and pedal the human powered crushing machine.
Recycle camp is a great place to swing on by, volunteer and get down and dirty by helping sort and crush aluminum cans.
Did you know that aluminum cans are only thing at BRC you don't need to pack out. Wow!

When you bring us clean aluminum cans and a good attitude you can expect to meet some of the nicest (and sexiest) hard working people with great energy.

If you bring anything other than aluminum cans.....like plastic bottles, tin cans, aluminum foil, cigarette butts, whippit canisters, glass, bottle caps, trash, bad attitudes, etc.
/OR/ You show up with your cans when we are closed....You may be forced to drink the runoff from our sorting tables :shock: , and can expect to be generally teased :oops: , heckled :cry: and humiliated :twisted: by Veteran Burners.

ALL proceeds for you aluminum cans go directly to the Gerlach K-12 School. :D

<<I know you said "no schedules" but it's in everyone's best interest to know when we are actually open>> Namaste'
SecretOperativeBear

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: BRC Recycle Camp

Postby lucky420 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 am

The Rat Lady wrote:Mobility Camp will be back at 7:00 on the inner circle:)
Stop by, say hi.
Things are looking good for the "Short Bus" this year...keeping our fingers crossed.
Our 4 x daily Art Tours (mobility impaired always given priority ) start at 5:45 am..come on..we dare ya:)
We will also be having a short workshop on Wed. at noon on "How to be more wheelchair friendly" going over simple stuff you can do during the planning stages that will make your Camp/Art/Art Car or Bar more Radically Inclusive by being Radically Accessible.
Grab some books from the BookCrossing Zone!
Decorate yourself at the Temp. Tattoo station!
Find something fun (or leave something fun) in the "Gifting Box"!

Rat Lady

I will try and make the Radically Inclusive Radically Accessible workshop. I remember last years camp and something's that just common sense (if people thought of it) could've really made camp life just a tad better for a campmate. Such as leaving bikes in the right in the path of hard playa instead of parking them over on the soft areas.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 am

In-fucking-deed.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby The Rat Lady » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Yup...it is so easy when you are laying out your Art Car, installation and such. A blueprint, spec drawing etc. takes just a quick click of a mouse, or an erase and redraw of a pencil line. After something is built in steel or heavy wood it's very difficult to fix an "Oh Shit..that won't work"!

Our goal would be to educate ourselves out of a job! If everything was accessible, we wouldn't be needed:)

Rat Lady
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Postby ^Rhino! » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:07 pm

The Rat Lady wrote:Yup...it is so easy when you are laying out your Art Car, installation and such. A blueprint, spec drawing etc. takes just a quick click of a mouse, or an erase and redraw of a pencil line. After something is built in steel or heavy wood it's very difficult to fix an "Oh Shit..that won't work"!

Our goal would be to educate ourselves out of a job! If everything was accessible, we wouldn't be needed:)

Rat Lady

Yo, Rat lady.....you have a friend here, too.

Rhino....Black Rock Beacon. Our front end is 100% accessible. I'll stop by with some schwag.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
^Rhino!

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Postby The Rat Lady » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Looking forward to seeing you in the Dust Rhino!

We are all avid Beacon readers :D
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Rat Lady, if minutes or an outline of the accessibility workshop were posted to the web (even here on eplaya), that would definitely help people as a reference for things that need more lead time. I know we can look at the ADA standards online, but there's a lot more information on enclosed spaces and a lot less information on dusty terrain, etc. in there, from what I can tell.

I'm not the world's best web designer but if you guys need a hand with that, I can cobble something together.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby Mojojita » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Ye..
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby The Rat Lady » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:37 pm

There are some very basic steps to take on our website http://mobilitycamp.org/?page_id=61 on the "How to be wheelchair friendly" page. (just keep scrolling down)
These are NOT ADA compliance regulations. But they ARE things that can make a huge difference.

We also have a section on how to "Prepare your chair" http://mobilitycamp.org/?page_id=78 That tells you how to make your mobility vehicle work (and survive!) on the Playa. Very important!

Rat Lady
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Postby tatonka » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Just seen this addaption for a wheelchair , thought it was a good idea.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203058915967999
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby The Rat Lady » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Yup they are awesome...but expensive! One of the guys in our camp last year had one from europe that ran forever!! He used it to pull him all the way out to the temple! None of the U.S. ones have that kind of range under BM conditions.

Here's my manual rig a friend made for me.
It's still a bit of a workout, but makes getting around Camp and Center camp at least possible. Now I mostly use a mobility scooter at the Burn, but no way could I get out to the Temple and back on my own! Even with a scooter!
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Is that battery or gas-powered?
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby The Rat Lady » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:12 pm

That link tatonka posted is for the firefly, it's electric.
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:17 pm

So, battery. Now I think of it, it makes sense. Something that small would be one of those nasty, non[carb engines.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby Janet Planet » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:42 pm

nickfarr wrote:The Post Office (Center Camp) is seeking the traditional spot held for them right next to Lamplighters!

I adore the Center Camp Post Office.
It looks like you're joining with the 9 and 3 this year? I'm kinda leery of those guys. I hold the old romantic Postal Service code of honor and don't believe in jacking people around about their mail.

I usually deliver mail at least once a year, and it has led me into some of my favorite playa places and experiences, that I never would have stumbled into if I hadn't been delivering mail.
I always recommend Mail Delivery to virgins as the best way to get to know the City.
Thank you! Big hugs!
Janet Planet

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: GranWitches

PreviousNext

Return to 2014 Theme Camps