6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby trilobyte » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Alright, what camps (registered or otherwise) are planning on camping in the 5ish to 7ish range on the dial? We know you're out there, on ring road or tucked away behind Center Camp… Yes, we realize that all locations are approximate, and accurate to within half a block in any given direction for placed camps. Tell us about where you've been placed, or where you're aiming to camp in the neighborhood if you're not a placed theme camp. This thread is for camps to announce their locations and intentions (not for recruiting, posting lineups and schedules, or other stuff you can tell us in your own camp thread)… tell us who you are, meet your neighbors!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: 6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby *Kat* » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Camp Shit Ain't Right will most likely be somewhere in the 6:30 & H - area. We are not a theme camp, so we don't really know where we'll end up. We've been on that corner for many years, hopefully that tradition prevails. You know you've come to the right place when you see the Viking teepee.

If we manage to get our shit together we'll have a lookout tower (maybe even wheelchair accessible). We are also talking of putting up a jungle gym and/or slack line. Please stop by anytime to race our cyco cycles or to get your marbles whacked. Of course you are always invited to just hang out under our shade structure too.

Looking forward to meeting you on the playa!
Sometimes even 15 minutes on the street clock is a world away! A letter of the alphabet can be an entire light-year, a galaxy, a universe. - AntiM
*Kat*

Burning Since: 2010

Postby msj2u » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Not a theme camp, but will be at 6:30 and I.

Waves to *Kat* and her camp.

MSJ
The older I get, the less patience I have for stupid
msj2u

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Sunbeam56 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:29 pm

I want to be placed mostly because its a HARD 3 day drive from Texas. We have a dome and other structures to erect. I want to be ready to serve BACON TAMALES, starting Sunday. So i gotta get that early artival pass.
We want to set up a "stonez throw" from Elliot's bike shop. He is providing a car to distribute tameles, and there is some mischief to achieve. I am hoping to support his camp and associatez.
If we can work it out, bringing a wheelchair accessible shower for the lovely but fragile Mini Mystic.
The app doesnt let you ask for 5:30 and G ISH, so we requested outer rim.

This group isnt an organized camp, but intend to fete and feed Figjam, Maryanimal, Mini
Mystic, Unjon(the grump)Harley, ourselves, and as many others as we can support. And Elliot, the Baldor of the Playa...

We call ourselves "fish out of water". :)
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Postby missmelee » Thu May 01, 2014 7:05 am

The Back Burners, a relaxed group of veteran & virgin burners from Colorado, are hoping to return to the 6:50 & H area if we are lucky enough to find a spot! We are hoping to have a welcoming porch of judgement, a porch swing, and maybe a rocking chair... stop by and say hello if you're in the area. I look forward to running into you all when I'm wandering aimlessly or heading off to the potties.
missmelee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Back Burner

Postby unjonharley » Thu May 01, 2014 7:22 am

I thinking 6:00 & H is in the 4:00 neighborhood

If I am wrong.. I'm sure the mod will tell me how ill informed and stupid I am.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.
unjonharley

Postby *Kat* » Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 am

Hello fellow neighbors!

Porch of judgement... I love it already! Is that really supposed to be 6:50 though?
Sometimes even 15 minutes on the street clock is a world away! A letter of the alphabet can be an entire light-year, a galaxy, a universe. - AntiM
*Kat*

Postby trilobyte » Thu May 01, 2014 12:51 pm

I would imagine so, that's as legitimate a time as any other on the dial :wink: What that tells friends and would-be visitors is that they're not aiming to be on the corner, but instead one or two camps towards center camp from the 7:00 & H intersection.

Looks like a lot of fun camps are already stepping forward in the 6:00 neighborhood, hooray! It's also worth noting that the Burner Express Depot Camp will be at 6:00 and G. From there, BE participants will be able to catch a shuttle that traverses Boulevard G (twice as wide as the other alphabet streets) between 3:00 & 9:00, so people can more easily get to their camp locations.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Eric » Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Hopefully the BRC Weekly will get our traditional spot somewhere in the outer ring of Center Camp. We got along great with the Artery last year, so we're really hoping to be their neighbors again this year (5:30/ Rod's Road/ Esplanade intersection)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Sunbeam56 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Wow! What a collection :)
I doubly enthused...
Gotta try the porch swing. Mint julep?
:)
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Thu May 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Lamplighters is also in the ring around center camp, probably around 6:00 or 5:45.

We need walk-in volunteers every night! Come by a little before 5pm (4pm Sat) and we'll put you in a robe so you can join the procession and help light our city. No need to sign up ahead of time, just swing by. It is a great way to give back to the city and be part of the oldest performance art on the playa. Look for the very large canvas tent with 100s of lanterns. Our infamous two-storey bar-lounge hosts daily, themed parties before lamplighting hour.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby xdwingdx » Wed May 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Zen as Fuck is hoping to be at 6 & I again. last year was our first year at 6 o clock, and it was awesome! you are in the center of it all. an equal distance to both 10 and 2... love it!

:mrgreen:
xdwingdx

Camp Name: Zen as Fuck

Postby Sunbeam56 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

C'mon down. BACON TAMALES!!!
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Postby donachile » Mon May 12, 2014 10:52 am

Peace Camp is looking for a spot at 6:30 and G preferably on 6:30 on the 6:00 side.. We will be serving organic gourmet peace meals to artists before the city opens and to some of our new friends and neighbors during the week.
This is our 7th year feeding people on the playa... We are happy to be going back to the old neighborhood..

Dusty hugs,
Party of one
donachile

Postby missmelee » Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 am

*Kat* wrote:Hello fellow neighbors!

Porch of judgement... I love it already! Is that really supposed to be 6:50 though?

Yes... just as Trilobyte says - we aim to be a little bit in from 7 :o)
We'll see about those mint juleps or some other tasty porch tea!
missmelee

Camp Name: Back Burner

Postby ^Rhino! » Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 am

The Black Rock Beacon hopes to be on the inner ring road like last year adjacent to Playa Info. We worked well with them last year, since several of our campers work at both. Getting the daily paper together in these conditions is a challenge, but we're up to it.

Lux. Veritas. Lardum.
Light, Truth, Bacon

The Black Rock Beacon for 2014
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
^Rhino!

Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Postby nickfarr » Tue May 13, 2014 7:02 pm

The Post Office (Center Camp) is seeking the traditional spot held for them right next to Lamplighters!

The team is getting together with the BRC3PO (3 O'Clock Plaza) and PO9 (9 O'Clock Plaza) to do something really huge this time around:

CCPOday-small.jpg

CCPOnight-small.jpg
Nick "SpaceEx" Farr
http://playapost.org
nickfarr

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Post Office (Center Camp)

Postby AntiM » Sun May 18, 2014 11:43 am

Nice. Not accessible for some burners, but nice.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Just_Joe » Thu May 22, 2014 10:32 am

Express Lot is shooting for 6:15 and G, next to the Burner Express depot.
Our first year with this theme, we're a few Alphabet Block Camp vets looking to burn with/adopt/acculturate bus riders from afar who may be in need of a little bump with logistics.
Participants welcome!
Just_Joe

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: ABC (Alphabet Block Camp)

Postby AntiM » Sat May 24, 2014 5:24 am

I saw a lost and forlorn alphabet block on 447 on the way out last year. Looked like it had somehow tumbled out alone. RIght before the big curve before the lake, and we could not stop to rescue it. I think it was a red A. Were you missing a block? I have been wondering.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Just_Joe » Mon May 26, 2014 3:07 pm

AntiM wrote:I saw a lost and forlorn alphabet block on 447 on the way out last year. Looked like it had somehow tumbled out alone. RIght before the big curve before the lake, and we could not stop to rescue it. I think it was a red A. Were you missing a block? I have been wondering.

BOOP! (Block Out Of Place).
Nope it wasn't ours. I just went and counted to make sure. Maybe we need a home for wayward blocks??
Just_Joe

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 pm

BRC Weekly/ Bootie BRC has been placed at the intersection of Rods Road/ 6:30/ Esplanade, same as last year! WhooHoo! Come by and pick up your free paper anytime during the week.

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:26 am

Well, there goes the neighborhood! Barbie Death Village will be placed at 6:30 and Ephesus! This should be interesting indeed.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby delle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 am

6:30! Nice!!!

Longest bike-ride of the year is traditionally trying to wend back from the M&G.

Almost even made it last year.... Until I crashed into my tent.
GYPSY! We need your opinion on this. STAT!!
delle

Postby Just_Joe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 am

Express Lot has been placed at 6:00/Ephesus.
We'll do our best to bring a little class to the 'hood.
Just_Joe

Postby xdwingdx » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:50 am

What an All Star Cast. Barbie Death Village, Express Lot, and BRC Weekly. Fucking Awesome!

Zen As Fuck has been placed with frontage on Ephesus and your nearest nearest cross street is 6:15. SO thankful and stoked!

If anyone in your camp forgets a toothbrush, come find us. We'll take care of you.

Puddles
xdwingdx

Camp Name: Zen as Fuck

Postby jewelzontheplaya » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:56 am

BoyScoutGirl wrote:Lamplighters is also in the ring around center camp, probably around 6:00 or 5:45.

We need walk-in volunteers every night! Come by a little before 5pm (4pm Sat) and we'll put you in a robe so you can join the procession and help light our city. No need to sign up ahead of time, just swing by. It is a great way to give back to the city and be part of the oldest performance art on the playa. Look for the very large canvas tent with 100s of lanterns. Our infamous two-storey bar-lounge hosts daily, themed parties before lamplighting hour.

I'm volunteering for this! I want to light a lamp in my Mother's Memory. I'm with Barbie Death Camp and my bring a few barbieberians with me.
Live the life you Love, Love the life you live ~ Robert Nesta Marley
jewelzontheplaya

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Well, there goes the neighborhood! Barbie Death Village will be placed at 6:30 and Ephesus! This should be interesting indeed.

A straight shot to the MnG? Holy crap - that's unheard of. I might even show up on time this year!

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Postby ^Rhino! » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Eric wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:Well, there goes the neighborhood! Barbie Death Village will be placed at 6:30 and Ephesus! This should be interesting indeed.

A straight shot to the MnG? Holy crap - that's unheard of. I might even show up on time this year!

You weren't late last year. You were 'fashionably" on time. You made it, and that's great.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '10, '12, '13, '14
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever.

Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Division of Geology 2009-2014

I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.
^Rhino!

Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:59 pm

jewelzontheplaya wrote:
BoyScoutGirl wrote:Lamplighters is also in the ring around center camp, probably around 6:00 or 5:45.

I'm volunteering for this! I want to light a lamp in my Mother's Memory. I'm with Barbie Death Camp and my bring a few barbieberians with me.

We'll be happy to have you and friends along!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Next

Return to 2014 Theme Camps